It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh boy here we go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Getting voicemails from a totally legit 800 number.

Robowoman: "Your SS# has recently been used fraudulently at the Southern Texas border..."

Dios mios! Oh nooos

"Please press 1 to find out more..."

1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Oh yeah it's a voicemail, doesn't work that way.

I hope they call back so I can get this resolved as soon as possible. Hopefully they take Moneygram

edit on 5-7-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Better call the SS 800 number and wait for an hour !!

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddhaI got 2 of those last week. A strange accent in voice answered, in Florida. I said Ill call SS to verify

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

'Course it didn't work. It said press 1 for more, and you pressed one million, one hundred and eleven thousand, one hundred and eleven.

Probably put you through to Australia post which is never contactable, even during business hours.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The number that called me did answer back and I was able to play the confused little old woman. Every time they asked for my ss# I acted confused-couldn't remember the actual number. Asked lots of questions and they became even more angry. Figured the longer I kept them on the phone, that's fewer people they could try to rip off. Now that I don't have to go to work any more, I can have some fun at their expense. After awhile, I tire and tell them to get a real job and that their mothers would be ashamed of them. Everyone needs to make money but I remind that in this economy they coud get a real good paying job without ripping someone off. I remind them that if this "company" is ripping off the people they call, they will eventually rip them off. Amazingly, I have had some good calls in response to my words. We have discussed their situation (many times they have a record) and strategize what their options really are. Doubt I have ever made a difference but I try.
edit on 6-7-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Their only intention is to record your voice saying certain words- you may have made it too easy...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
Their only intention is to record your voice saying certain words- you may have made it too easy...

I usually say a few choice words for them

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Robo voice:

Your social security number has been suspended because of suspicious activity. For more information...

That's the one I got. They tried it twice.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
One good thing to keep in mind is that Social Security will not call you on the phone unless you have contacted them and asked them to call you.
You can verify a lot of information on line.
Social security will never suspend your number or issue you a new number as a penalty for anything.
They will not threaten to suspend deposits of your benefits or your deductions to pay the account.
Chances are you are a victim of an attempted scam if you get a random call claiming to be from social security or to be an SSI agent.
www.aarp.org...

edit on 762019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Had the IRS scammer call me

I was like bro your hindu accent betrays you

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Yeah but this is happening at the southern texas border.

That can only mean...

Irregal eriens!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Lysergic

Yeah but this is happening at the southern texas border.

That can only mean...

Irregal eriens!

I think you mean reduced cost labor.

^_^

top topics

join