It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aftershocks Follow California's Biggest Earthquake in 20 Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
So frightening. Stay safe everyone! I have never in my life experienced an earthquake and hope I never do.

I experienced the one we had in the midwest in 2008. Frankly, it didn't scare me too much. The shaking was so slight that I wasn't even sure it was happening until it stopped. It was kinda weird because you don't typically think of the Midwest as an earthquake zone (though it kinda is but just isn't famously known for it like California). It really never occurred to me that there could be one here until it happened. I just thought "What the hell? An earthquake here?"

And it was actually a pretty significant one, which surprised me because I would have thought anything over 5 would be way more than what I felt.
edit on 6-7-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

It would freak me out. Something unnerving about the ground moving beneath us. Yikes!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: alysha.angel
SO far according the USGS s website, that have been over 1000 aftershocks with many in the 3 and above range. no i dont know what the normal amount of aftershocks are.

There were also over 1,000 aftershocks with the MAN-MADE Alaskan EQ; US detonated a huge nuke.

Could this be the same situation?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It would freak me out. Something unnerving about the ground moving beneath us. Yikes!

Well, it was middle of the night/early morningish. I generally stay up all night and usually by the early morning, I'm pretty tired. Anyway, was just sitting there on the internet like always. I'm not sure if I heard a rumbling or just felt a weird sense of vibration and kind of looked around. It was barely perceptable. I suppose if it had been more intense I would have been a little more concerned. I was mostly just kind of mesmerized by it because it was my first (and only) quake (to date). I actually didn't realize the quake that produced the shaking I felt was pretty substantial (as they go) until I saw it on the news the next day. I was a good ways away from where it happened so maybe I just didn't get the full effect of it here.

The only thing that would really scare me would be the possibility of a tsunami or being in the shadow of a large structure when there was a quake or being in a tall building or something. Being on the ground in a low rise is not really too scary. Especially since I don't hang pictures or anything or stack heavy or breakable things up high. Tornadoes scare me a hell of a lot more than mild earthquakes, TBH.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I'm just relieved that I live in the Northeast of the U.S. We don't get weather as severe as many other places. Never seen a tornado and our hurricanes are nothing like other places. Never had an earthquake that I know of either.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm just relieved that I live in the Northeast of the U.S. We don't get weather as severe as many other places. Never seen a tornado and our hurricanes are nothing like other places. Never had an earthquake that I know of either.

I live in Indiana. I have (oddly enough) also never actually SEEN a tornado. There have been tornadoes that touched down nearby that I didn't even know about until months or years later. Which scares the hell out of me when you see the kind of devastation they can inflict. What scares me most about them is the randomness of them. They can be relatively harmless. They can strike very near you and not do any damage at all. They can jump. They're basically monsters.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Over ten days later and nearing 20,000 aftershocks.. still feeling jolts throughout the day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join