It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAGAnomics – Jobs, Jobs, Jobs – June Payrolls +224,000, Unemployment 3.7%, Wage Growth 3.2%...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Lumenari

He was talking to his student loan officer 😎

He was juggling a wife and kid in Montana and a new GF in North Dakota.

Not why I fired him... not my business.

But still oddly satisfying to fire him.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: SituationNAFU

Someone is also going to need to fix the robots.

Seriously... getting a degree to have a good life is just BS now.

I have 2 degrees and don't need them... perfectly fine doing what I'm doing, which took me 6 months to learn and I was making 6 figures in a year and then saved up enough to buy out the owner.

This new generation needs to learn to sweat and think at the same time again and they'll be fine.

But to be honest, it's not like the issue is finding a good worker anymore with some drive.

You can't even find a bad worker.

What field is this?

I'm looking for a career change.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

It's in the oilfield... Bakken for me to to be exact, North Dakota.

Although what I do is also in Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma and a little bit of the east coast.

And of course all over the world.

Flare gas recovery and gas lifts for oil wells.

It's not for everyone but the pay is stupid good.

I'm thinking of flying down to Mississippi next month to watch a job fair for one of the companies I'm a contractor for.

They are hiring them and flying them back and forth at this point... 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.

Because the area is currently 17,000 employees short.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I've received a raise, on track for another one. Received a $2K bonus, and am about to convince HR to pay me 2% of my wages in Bitcoin.

All of my investments are doing well, my retirement accounts are growing at a steady pace, and we are looking to hire more people at work.

Life is good.

#MAGA
#KAG

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

It's in the oilfield... Bakken for me to to be exact, North Dakota.

Although what I do is also in Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma and a little bit of the east coast.

And of course all over the world.

Flare gas recovery and gas lifts for oil wells.

It's not for everyone but the pay is stupid good.

I'm thinking of flying down to Mississippi next month to watch a job fair for one of the companies I'm a contractor for.

They are hiring them and flying them back and forth at this point... 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.

Because the area is currently 17,000 employees short.

Well maybe I'll look into it.

Would have to talk to the local liquor store and see if they could handle me being out of town for 2 weeks at a time.

I'd hate to be responsible for a putting a family business under because I'm not around.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think things were far better under Mr. Obamas care

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I've received a raise, on track for another one. Received a $2K bonus, and am about to convince HR to pay me 2% of my wages in Bitcoin.

All of my investments are doing well, my retirement accounts are growing at a steady pace, and we are looking to hire more people at work.

Life is good.

#MAGA
#KAG

It's all an illusion, it has to be. It's what everyone says is the "truth" of the economy.

FACT, you are working 3 jobs to pay your rent, like some jackass stated somewhere on here today. You CAN'T POSSIBLY be doing well, it will destroy the narrative.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I think things were far better under Mr. Obamas care

Fun fact, 30 seconds after that picture was taken a drone killed that fly and it's family.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

lol..

Yep, You caught me. 6 jobs, all the kids are working too, there's no food, and we all go cuss at black people at the end of our day because racism is all we really have to eat at the dinner table.

Vote Bernie.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Generally up here you start at 70k unskilled, are into 90k in 3 months, 100K in a year.

When you are here we pay for your living quarters, internet, utilities, give you a company truck with a gas card.

We pay for your trip here and back.

Insurance is BC/BS gold at no expense to you... $250 a month to add a spouse, $100 per kid.

Most of us doing the same business have a production bonus... anywhere from nothing to 2k a month.

Then there is profit sharing, matching 401k to 2%, etc.

We pay you $100 a month if you have a smart phone, because you need it for work.

If you don't have one, we pay for one for you.

The job is generally a 10 hour shift... go out in the morning, do a report on a site or three, check out equipment and adjust what you need to.

Sometimes there is physical work involved if we are doing a build or tearing down, but for the most part you sit in a company truck, surf the internet and gain weight.

My first 6 months I caught up on The Family Man, binge-watched Jericho and then finished a degree online.

And posted a lot on ATS... LOL

On the downside, sometimes here it is -50 and things get rough.

Oh!

And the stuff we work on has a 1/2 mile safe zone if something goes wrong because if it does you won't feel a thing and they try to identify you by your dental records.

Other then that it's a pleasant working environment.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Generally up here you start at 70k unskilled, are into 90k in 3 months, 100K in a year.

When you are here we pay for your living quarters, internet, utilities, give you a company truck with a gas card.

We pay for your trip here and back.

Insurance is BC/BS gold at no expense to you... $250 a month to add a spouse, $100 per kid.

Most of us doing the same business have a production bonus... anywhere from nothing to 2k a month.

Then there is profit sharing, matching 401k to 2%, etc.

We pay you $100 a month if you have a smart phone, because you need it for work.

If you don't have one, we pay for one for you.

The job is generally a 10 hour shift... go out in the morning, do a report on a site or three, check out equipment and adjust what you need to.

Sometimes there is physical work involved if we are doing a build or tearing down, but for the most part you sit in a company truck, surf the internet and gain weight.

My first 6 months I caught up on The Family Man, binge-watched Jericho and then finished a degree online.

And posted a lot on ATS... LOL

On the downside, sometimes here it is -50 and things get rough.

Oh!

And the stuff we work on has a 1/2 mile safe zone if something goes wrong because if it does you won't feel a thing and they try to identify you by your dental records.

Other then that it's a pleasant working environment.

Sounds great.....

Can I bring my own "protection"......

I knew I bought that 458 win mag a few years ago for a reason....could be considered destiny. I know a guy that works up on a rig, he says those polar bears are a bunch of creepy stalkers.
edit on 5-7-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

June job growth was only 224,000?

Why wasn't it 500,000?

That's a drop of 276,000 jobs.

And Trump celebrates when 276,000 people didn't find work.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It's North Dakota, not Alaska...

You can't officially carry a firearm onto a wellsite because well... a misfire could cause the same "safe zone" issue I talked about earlier.

However, the only time you would really need some protection here is if you frequented the strip clubs in the area.

Guys wandering in with a wad of cash, two weeks dry and an attitude is a bit of a problem.

Not like that happens in our company...

You just need to be sober when you show up for work.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

It's North Dakota, not Alaska...

You can't officially carry a firearm onto a wellsite because well... a misfire could cause the same "safe zone" issue I talked about earlier.

However, the only time you would really need some protection here is if you frequented the strip clubs in the area.

Guys wandering in with a wad of cash, two weeks dry and an attitude is a bit of a problem.

Not like that happens in our company...

You just need to be sober when you show up for work.

Better yet, I assumed alaska was involved.

I'm right next door to north dakota. Can't be any colder over there.

You should send me a link or two, I'd seriously look it over.

ETA: as for the strip club dangers, I have an odd habit of coming out with more money than I went in with........don't ask me to elaborate, I can say that some of those girls are just as likely to throw cash around as the guys are.
edit on 5-7-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

June job growth was only 224,000?

Why wasn't it 500,000?

That's a drop of 276,000 jobs.

And Trump celebrates when 276,000 people didn't find work.

He's quite the right bastard, isn't he?

I think we should just skip the impeachment proceedings and go straight to civil war.

For the children!

Disclaimer... the phrase "for the children" only means the children that have survived the new Democratic child slaughter laws and/or any child that has been found at our southern border.

Other kinds of children are not really children.

Thank you for your co-operation.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

~perk~

If you are within 1,000 miles of Watford City, ND I can probably really hook you up!

Most people I talk to about this are in California or some other loser state.... LOL

I'll PM you tomorrow.. let me talk to some of my competition.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

~perk~

If you are within 1,000 miles of Watford City, ND I can probably really hook you up!

Most people I talk to about this are in California or some other loser state.... LOL

I'll PM you tomorrow.. let me talk to some of my competition.

I'm in rural minnesota, AKA the good part of the state(non urban).

I'll keep an eye on my inbox.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

We have pumpers here from there. And mechanics. And vendors.

You are in a sweet spot!!!!

I'll check in with who is hiring and fire you off a PM.

~Excited!~

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Ummm...you’ve got mail...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>