It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Nuclear Exchange Between Any Nation Will Occur This Century

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The Dyna-Soar projects or prototypes-

The Boeing X-20 Dyna-Soar ("Dynamic Soarer") was a United States Air Force (USAF) program to develop a spaceplane that could be used for a variety of military missions, including aerial reconnaissance, bombing, space rescue, satellite maintenance, and as a space interceptor to sabotage enemy satellites.[1] The program ran from 24 October 1957 to 10 December 1963, cost US$660 million ($5.4 billion in current dollars[2]), and was cancelled just after spacecraft construction had begun.

Other spacecraft under development at the time, such as Mercury or Vostok, were space capsules with ballistic re-entry profiles that ended in a landing under a parachute. Dyna-Soar was more like an aircraft. It could travel to distant targets at the speed of an intercontinental ballistic missile, was designed to glide to Earth like an aircraft under control of a pilot, and could land at an airfield. Dyna-Soar could also reach Earth orbit, like the capsules.[3]

These characteristics made Dyna-Soar a far more advanced concept than other human spaceflight missions of the period. Research into a spaceplane was realized much later in other reusable spacecraft such as the 1981-2011 Space Shuttle[4][5] and the more recent Boeing X-40 and X-37B spacecraft.

have probably assisted in production of more advanced crafts equipped with advanced microwave/nuclear weapons and nuclear disarming technology that can reach multiple targets at the same time globally.

1 would think this type of technology would only be used on a global threatening war. Smaller proxy wars would only be used to see-test evaluate what is stockpiled for global threatening wars...

Intelligence would probably not recommend usage of the advanced technology for non-global threatening wars to keep technology secret.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
With Russia's hypersonic missiles capable of penetrating all defenses, with their torpedo nukes and supposed nukes that sleep on the shore waiting for the signal I would be careful with "never".

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII
no problem, I just need you to live until the year 2099 and your on! Hows a $1 bet sound?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

no problem, I just need you to live until the year 2099 and your on! Hows a $1 bet sound?

Actually you'd need to live until 1st Jan 2101 to make it to the next century.

Plus you'd also need the OP to make it then to win your $1...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Diaspar
I don't expect to live past the apocalyptic showdown of 2050, of which I will volunteer my 65 year old ass into the front lines so I can witness the end first hand by way of big bad bomb. I will take my dollar from him by force when we wake up in the next cycle of madness. But we will probably be trading in bronze coins again by the time I realize I made that bet in the previous life. Errgo, my dollar will actually have increased in value based on modern metals prices vs. early civilization metals prices.

Make it a Presidential dollar instead of the Sacajawea, after we dig it up three thousand years from while building the next pyramids.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm not so sure anymore. Apparently, word on the street is that *at least* two known terror groups *may* have gotten hold of "nuclear material". Don't know what is meant by "nuclear material", but a little birdy tweeted that a terror group could *soon* be in a position to launch a "nuclear" attack on a "Western nation".

Not a nation, a terror outfit. So the little birdy tweeted...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
2028 is the year it will happen....

mark my words!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
A skynet like technology is seldomly considered when global threats are up for discussion...

I don't think many understand "intelligence and security" fully.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It could in theory 🤔 take command of entire planet locking all systems. Except for

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

The US had beaten Japan to a pulp.

Generals said they didn’t need the atomic bomb to win. Japan was on their knees

Yet Harry Truman ordered two atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki that killed almost a quarter of a million civilians

So in the last century, it happened, and I think one can conclude therefore that it can happen again in this century.

GD

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Agreed- this is the only realistic scenario. The devil lies in the detail, though. If a terrorist nuclear strike did occur, Tehran better hope they don't have any finger prints on it. The thirst for revenge might be running pretty high, and quick counterstrike... well, you don't want to get caught in the middle of that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join