It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Court Finds Tommy Robinson guilty of contempt of court over Facebook broadcast

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Which race?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

The human one would be a start. X

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm humanracist. Got it.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Your a racist Tommy loving twat.

Never know might get lucky and get to share a Peter with Tommy, plus so much more with that attitude. Just don't drop the soap unless of course its your copilot Robinson frothy liquid soap. X

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
So what happened to the defendants that he was supposedly "aggressively confronting and filming"? Were they found guilty?

Yes of gang raping a child.

But that’s ok isn’t it?????

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Whoa whoa, let’s debate the topic. We can’t see it closed. It’s important. Let’s bring it back,

It’s clear the activist Tommy Robinson has been unjustly, and perhaps politically convicted for the victimless crime of filming outside the courtroom.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: ScepticScot

a reply to: gortex

There is more than one entrance to a court building and certainly, it is the responsibility of the Court and police to provide safe and expedient entry to the court. Outside the court is a public place and was full of reporters of a liberal bias. These liberal type reporters towing the party line were not impeded, only Robinson was. Seems like a bit of selective enforcement.

Just playing "devils advocate" here as the situation in the uk seems pretty crazy. They certainly appear to have thought crime laws, no freedom of speech, d-listing on any subject the government doesn't want public like parliament member paedophilia, etc.

Cheers - Dave

The other media not breaking the reporting restrictions might have something to do with it.

So you agree with restrictions on freedom of speech in a public venue, is that correct?

Cheers - Dave

It's not a a free speech issue and never has been.

Excuse me? In front of a courthouse in a public area not being able to speak on an issue, IS A FREE SPEECH ISSUE. Welcome to the fascist dictatorship of the UK lol.

Cheers - Dave

We have plenty of free speech here. We also have the right to a fair trial.

Yep, it's the uk. You have the right to que and the right to stfu. You don't have the right to free speech and neither the right to a fair trial. You have the right to maybe say what your masters want and the right to a rigged show trial. You know what most governments smell like these days? Depends. And yours, like ours, needs changing.

Cheers - Dave

It's good to see you have a well informed opinion about life in the UK and are not at all just talking out your arse.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MickyKnox
Whoa whoa, let’s debate the topic. We can’t see it closed. It’s important. Let’s bring it back,

It’s clear the activist Tommy Robinson has been unjustly, and perhaps politically convicted for the victimless crime of filming outside the courtroom.

Agreed with first paragraph.

However i would say it's clear Robinson has justly been convicted of contempt of court for breaching reporting restrictions and endangering a trial.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   

However i would say it's clear Robinson has justly been convicted of contempt of court for breaching reporting restrictions and endangering a trial.

There is nothing just about jailing a man twice for the non-crime of making a video in the streets. If his sentence involves time behind bars, the UK should be high on the list for repression of free speech, press freedom, and authoritarianism.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

There is nothing just about jailing a man twice for the non-crime of making a video in the streets. If his sentence involves time behind bars, the UK should be high on the list for repression of free speech, press freedom, and authoritarianism.

He wasnt jailed for the non crime of filming a video in the streets.

He was jailed for contempt of court for breaking reporting restrictions in place to ensure fair trials in a series of linked trials. Something he did despite previous warmings and being on a suspended sentence for a previous contempt of court.

(post by RMFX1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Contempt of court over facebook...

and criminal justice isnt a joke.

It doesn't matter whether he was streaming on facebook , youtube or twitch , the court ordered no reporting until the trial had finished so whichever platform he used he broke the law by breaching the court order.

The joke is people not understanding that.

If nothing else this thread exposes the grubby underbelly of American bigotry risen to the surface under the current administration , how the hell does supporting far right crusaders make America Great ?

ATS has more than just technical issues to deal with right now.

For the record I think people who commit these offences should be chemically castrated then deported to their ancestral countries when they've served their time , their crime is heinous but the Tommy Robinson's of this world are not the answer to it.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

edit on 6-7-2019 by jd0Fengland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: EternalSolace

4:44am on a Sunday and you want sence? LoL

Is that not church your looking for? 😂
you dont even know what day it is i was clearly wasting my time on you

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jd0Fengland

I ken what religion i am through.

I don't know what day it is from Friday to Sunday all the time. LoL

The hangover fills you in when you wake up all the same.

edit on 6-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake every religion is full of bs was a form of control and a 2000 year old con, Religion is the root cause of the majority of issues we face i wish everyone would wake up and smell the coffee its 2019
edit on 6-7-2019 by jd0Fengland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jd0Fengland

Aye so are racist Tommy fanboys that think the Mans some kind of social justice warrior, full of BS that is.

Religion is for people who choose to place their faith in such, don't hold with the practice myself, but it probably affords those that do an enormous peace of mind.

Perfectly sober now and have coffee at hand to smell.

Religion is not going to go away any time soon but no point in hating the players, hate the game.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Contempt of court over facebook...

and criminal justice isnt a joke.

It doesn't matter whether he was streaming on facebook , youtube or twitch , the court ordered no reporting until the trial had finished so whichever platform he used he broke the law by breaching the court order.

The joke is people not understanding that.

If nothing else this thread exposes the grubby underbelly of American bigotry risen to the surface under the current administration , how the hell does supporting far right crusaders make America Great ?

ATS has more than just technical issues to deal with right now.

For the record I think people who commit these offences should be chemically castrated then deported to their ancestral countries when they've served their time , their crime is heinous but the Tommy Robinson's of this world are not the answer to it.

Yeah, your law and skewed version of justice is bullocks. He did nothing wrong and this rule of law claptrap exposes you all as authoritarians who do not value human rights.
edit on 6-7-2019 by MickyKnox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MickyKnox

Accept he did indeed according to the law of the land.

You ken what that is, its the thing that stops anarchy being the colour of the day and society tearing itself apart.

Authoritarianism has nothing to do with it, should Robinson have kept on he could quite possibly have jeopardised or prompted an unsafe conviction, thus opened up legal avenues of appeal for the beastie bastards.

This is not rocket science ffs.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: MickyKnox

Accept he did indeed according to the law of the land.

You ken what that is, its the thing that stops anarchy being the colour of the day and society tearing itself apart.

Authoritarianism has nothing to do with it, should Robinson have kept on he could quite possibly have jeopardised or prompted an unsafe conviction, thus opened up legal avenues of appeal for the beastie bastards.

This is not rocket science ffs.

Your law of the land had blasphemy laws not too long ago. I bet if someone was charged for blasphemy back then you extolled the virtues of your law of the land like a good government lapdog.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join