It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we past due for another World War?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
As bad as it sounds, I think the world is due for another World War. It seems the world is getting out of hand. So much hostility is growing almost to a breaking point. More countries have nuclear weapons that don't share our deterrance point of view.

Another World War would be tragic but would it do us good? I think it would. What do you people think?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't think it'd do us much good...you know all that radiation stuff...yea that's a "no go" for me, plus, every 2 out of 3 people dead in major populous areas...yea that's definetly not on my favorite lists either.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Good?

What we're past due for is a new government that doesnt go around bullying the world, creating chaos and mayhem.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Actualy if you stop generalising things and look at the in "CHRONILOGICAL" order you'll see that only 3 nations now have nukes and not "many" India, Pakistan, N.Korea before them for the last 59 1/2 years it's still only been Russia/U.S.A./England/France/Italy/Germany/Spain

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Actualy if you stop generalising things and look at the in "CHRONILOGICAL" order you'll see that only 3 nations now have nukes and not "many" India, Pakistan, N.Korea before them for the last 59 1/2 years it's still only been Russia/U.S.A./England/France/Italy/Germany/Spain

You're right but many countries are coming of age--developing Nukes. Couple that with all the growing hostility...its everywhere. I know our country (US) has dodged a few bullets since WWII, including Vietnam and the Cuban Missile Crisis but its different now.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Wait a sec,

Italy, Spain, and Germany have nukes?

You get that from the Russian press that says we have substandard chicken plants to make chicken for the Russian market?

I would have loved to seen the look on Bush's face when he heard that, how do you answer that? What does Putin read, the National Enquirer?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
No, we aren't due for ww4. The cold war just ended fifteen years ago and the war on terrorism rages on as we speak. I don't think nuclear weapons will ever be used, either. The USA and our allies will absolutely not allow a nation to use a nuke. And IF, IF, a nation just happens to send off a nuke at any one of our allies or ourselves, we will obliterate that nation in a second.

Mutually Assured Destruction---You nuke us, we nuke you, and nobody wins. Nuclear weapons---just as peaceful as they are deadly, IMO.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't understand what your saying? are you saying Italy/Germany/Spain don't have nukes?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You don't even need nuclear weapons to wage a horrendous war. I mean, WWII didn't involve nukes in combat (until Hiroshima and Nagasaki) and just look at the utter man power and destructive force we displayed without nukes on D-Day

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I don't understand what your saying? are you saying Italy/Germany/Spain don't have nukes?

No they don't and neither does Japan(yet) the countries all rely on the United States nuclear umbrella......its part of that MAD thing that I have been trying to explain to devilwasp.....

No they don't (weapons that is).

[edit on 3-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thats an amazing pic. (a bit big) Look at all the stuff. Logistical nightmare.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yea I really wouldn't mind having that framed and on my wall....It's one of the last portrayls of the 'romantic' (as ironic as it sounds) view of war. Young men goin off to fight for their country against a known enemy that we could put a face on with other soldiers by their side. I am glad new technology on the battlefront is saving lives but I'm going to miss the stories of heroism we hear so much of from WWII.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
As bad as it sounds, I think the world is due for another World War.
It seems the world is getting out of hand. So much hostility is growing
almost to a breaking point. More countries have nuclear weapons
that don't share our deterrance point of view.

Another World War would be tragic but would it do us good?
I think it would. What do you people think?

WW2 created 55 million deaths. How many do you think would be created
with todays technology?

Why did god create so many stupid people that dont know anything
about the way things work, but make scary socialpathic sugestions
like the one above.

Mankind may not survive another world war, if you look up history we
could have prevented WW2. Look up the battle of Dunkirk. Look up
what Winston Churchill did to make sure WW2 happend.

Look up what little effect we (America) had on WW2. It was the Russians that
won that war with the blood of 28 million of its people. We lost about 500
thousand, not because we were that good but because the Germans had
there hands full with the Russians.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
War is a war and yes lots of people will die. Im not in favor of people being killed either but what can we do.

Sometimes the forest has to be burned out to spark new growth. You know?

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Look up what Winston Churchill did to make sure WW2 happend.

Look up what little effect we (America) had on WW2. It was the Russians that won that war with the blood of 28 million of its people. We lost about 500 thousand, not because we were that good but because the Germans had there hands full with the Russians.

(1) And that would be?

(2) And the Japanese were just an ol skip in the park?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Look up what little effect we (America) had on WW2. It was the Russians that
won that war with the blood of 28 million of its people. We lost about 500
thousand, not because we were that good but because the Germans had
there hands full with the Russians.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by LoneGunMan]

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Are you serious? WHAT LITTLE EFFECT AMERICA HAD ON WW2? You must be insane! Without our help, the allies may not have defeated Hitler. He'd have taken over all of Europe w/o us yankees. We saved many countries' asses, most notably France. We ended the war by incinerating Hiroshima and Nagasaki, ushering in the time when the USA would be the world's greatest superpower. How in the hell can you possibly say that the US had little effect in WW2? That's one of the most absurd things i've ever heard...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Seriously some of the most innovative technology that we use today came from research and development during WWII. Not to mention we stopped the world in its tracks and made them think twice about war. So WWII although tragic was for the better.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Sometimes the forest has to be burned out to spark new growth. You know?

Indeed! I think another World War is much needed in these times to make BIG changes in all countries, mostly America. More focus needs to be made on saving lives and not ruining them here with useless garbage from the media and our government.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
According to John Titor...

02-12-2001 08:54 PM

Question:

John talks about a civil war being started between the Democrats and Republicans. Later, this escalates into WW3 and he mentions that it is a good thing for us.

Answer:

I don't believe I ever said the war was between Democrats and Republicans. If I am incorrect, please point that out. It doesn't exactly escalate as much as it opens the door for other aggression. Yes, I think the war would be good for society and I would be happy to debate that with you.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I think the world is due for another World War

Why? Isn't the current world war we are in enough?
We ARE in a world war now. That's what the War on
Terrorism is. I have no doubt it will go nuclear. The
terrorists will eventually get their hands on nukes and
start getting rid of cities they don't like ....

DC, NYC, Tokyo, Paris (all that art and perfume ... it's
sooooooo against Islam!!), London, etc. etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join