It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens to seize British ship after marines storm super tanke.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: rickymouse

In what way have Iran been 'suckering' the EU, and what money have they been given?

www.euractiv.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

He hates the US the most I think. We could cure cancer and he would find some way to hate the US for doing it.

Not at all, you're making a fool of yourself and you shouldn't presume to know people that you clearly don't.

All we know about you is your anti-American and apologist-for-terrorists Iran-defending posts in every thread related to them. Speaking of making a fool of yourself...

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: rickymouse

In what way have Iran been 'suckering' the EU, and what money have they been given?

www.euractiv.com...

That was interesting. So the EU was offering Iran 50 million in Euros as specifically directed aid to be delivered in packages. This in response to the US withdrawing from the nuclear treaty and imposing sanctions which Brussels deemed illegal. I don't see anything wrong with that at all.
edit on 5-7-2019 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So we should send aid to feed and care for their population while they spend everything on their military?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argen
So we should send aid to feed and care for their population while they spend everything on their military?

They would do so With or without Our support. What would you do if nations ganged up on you and threatened you at gun point..?

The US are only doing this for what is in the best interest of the United States Of America. The US will attack Iran and sacrifice American lives to Reach their political agenda. The only once who cant see this are idiots and Patriots.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argen

If you read the link it pretty much spells out the reasons and what the aid is for.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
No, the link didn't say exactly what is was for. I guess if the EU wants to help them, they can. Looks like we're not.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

He hates the US the most I think. We could cure cancer and he would find some way to hate the US for doing it.

Not at all, you're making a fool of yourself and you shouldn't presume to know people that you clearly don't.

All we know about you is your anti-American and apologist-for-terrorists Iran-defending posts in every thread related to them. Speaking of making a fool of yourself...

If your mind wasn't so blinkered then you would see the points being made instead of crying "anti-American" every time someone criticizes the country, has your tag-team got a name btw?

The biggest threat to world peace is not, and has never been, Iran

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

ha if they could put sanctions on them which i dobut they could, UK is one of the members of the permanent security council so if they went that route it could be vetoed , if iran tried to sanction them not through UN the EU would retaliate and its not like they could enforce sanctions . but hey if iran wants to learn the same lesson the Brits taught the Argentinians in the Falklands i guess they could try . and as the Brits just stopped sanctioning Iran themselves a few months back it would be one way of getting the Brits back on that bandwagon

www.un.org...

www.theguardian.com... the iranians may have better luck with international courts then attempting to seize a British flagged vessel

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

If your mind wasn't so blinkered then you would see the points being made instead of crying "anti-American" every time someone criticizes the country, has your tag-team got a name btw?

The biggest threat to world peace is not, and has never been, Iran

We're well aware of your points. Iran should be allowed to fund terror, build nuclear weapons and take over the Middle East, and evil America should be perfectly fine with it. The number of innocent lives lost be damned. We totally get it. Some of us just live in the real world.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I do not understand how the Iranian government can have such a big head. I cannot understand how come Europe has not pulled back their agreement and still gives these jerks in Iran money. Iran is not following their agreement with the EU, they have been suckering the EU to gain money to increase their military.

Ha yes.................. They do seem a little big headed as you put it. But we get the same thing in England once every four years in the soccer World Cup. People everywhere actually believe we are going to go all the way and win it
and they always let us down, but the English people genuinely beieve it every four years with total certainty once a single game has been won. I guess it's the same with the Iranians.

On the EU front I totally agree and hve given it some thought too. My guess is the EU know Iran is going down at some point, just they are making it look like they aren't in on it so they can get straight in there post war and get a good proportion of the regeneration projects. There's going to be loads of money to be made once the Iranian regime is taken out............... All the rebuilding contracts in addition to the oil

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Iran should be allowed to fund terror, build nuclear weapons and take over the Middle East

Won't work, I believe the US had already tried multiple times

We totally get it. Some of us just live in the real world.

Collective mindset? No mate, your tag team live in your own world, which isn't necessarily "real"

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So where do Iran claim this oil was heading?

Before the angry man ruins this thread with another anti-west rhetoric, does he believe sanctions against a dictator who uses chemical weapons on innocent civilians should not be enforced?

Or is the problem that Britain enforced them?

See if France and the great independent peace loving EU did it, it would not fit his agenda.
edit on 5 7 2019 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
So where do Iran claim this oil was heading?

Before the angry man ruins this thread with another anti-west rhetoric, does he believe sanctions against a dictator who uses chemical weapons on innocent civilians should not be enforced?

Or is the problem that Britain enforced them?

See if France and the great independent peace loving EU did it, it would not fit his agenda.

Ironically, part of the problem with reining Iran in is the EU is reluctant to cooperate. Is that because of some altruistic, let's be friends with everyone, non-interference standpoint of the EU? Nope, they just want the money from trading with them. They're willing to accept Iran causing havoc all over the ME so they can get the economic benefits.

But yeah, the US/UK wanting to stop Iran from interrupting a large portion of the world's oil supply (which would hurt many European countries) is soooo evil and imperialistic. Newsflash clowns, the world runs on oil. Until that's no longer the case, it's perfectly reasonable to not want anyone #ing with the supply. Ask Saddam what happened when he tried that in 1990.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Well ....

Won't work, I believe the US had already tried multiple times

Gee you sure showed me. Couldn't even go 1 page without proving me right.
edit on 5-7-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

All he's here to do is shill for Iran and spew anti-West propaganda. He's little more than a troll.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

Seizing ships at sea is an act of piracy, so we are pirates now?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Posturing? This ship was travelling against sanctions, mate. You don't get to do that, Britain had a right to stop the shipment.

It is posturing, the British are showing off to their US masters, and Iran has every right to retaliate

Remember India is on task now....wake up...look for a symbiotic relationship between the Empire and India....Iran might get its clock cleaned....for real and not from the Americans as propaganda says everyone expects.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Sorry, sanctions exist whether Iran wants them to or not.

Sanctions are an act of war though and any response by Iran would be in self defense.
If I came over with my tank and blocked your driveway and said, you cannot trade with me nor can you trade with your neighbors and I also threatened your neighbors with sanctions if they helped you, you would be in the right to blow up my tank.

India our ally buys Iranian Oil and was recently threatened by the USA with sanctions if they continue to do so.
If we keep it up, we will sanction everyone to the other side and all we will have left is Saudi Arabia and Israel against the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

a reply to: deviant300

It probably would be a foolish thing for Iran to do.

Perfectly within their rights to do so, British posturing is pathetic

and the ship that was seized carrying Iranian oil violated EU sanctions and was boarded inside EU waters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join