It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Insurrection Act -- it is WAY PAST TIME for Trump to use it...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The Insurrection Act provides for the following:

"Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion."

10 U.S. Code § 252. Use of militia and armed forces to enforce Federal authority

Trump is completely within his authority to use the IA to enforce federal immigration law as well as anti-terrorist laws. He can, and should, use it against illegal immigrants and Antifa. Nothing stops him but HIM.

He could deport ALL of the illegals if he had the courage to do so. He doesn't need Congress' approval. He doesn't need the courts' approval. He doesn't need ANYONE'S approval. He just needs the guts to DO IT!

He could also put a quick and definitive END TO ANTIFA. These little worthless #s are going to bring us to civil war. But Trump could end that NOW with the Insurrection Act.

He said in May that he would use it against illegals to deport them. We are still waiting for that to happen. The much talked about round up has not happened. We are still waiting, as we are for other promises to be kept.

Antifa is of course a violent, hate-filled terrorist organization and yet we are...

..waiting...

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I would love if Trump had the mayors of every single sanctuary city and every politician who tells police not to assist federal

agencies arrested.

No country club prisons no special treatment.

Even better, throw them in cell blocks with MS-13 and Latin Kings so they can be close to the people they represent.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

Yep, and I can still hear the "lock her up" chants. Even with trumps hand picked AG, no indictments, as Clinton travels around the country on a book signing tour.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Yep, and I can still hear the "lock her up" chants. Even with trumps hand picked AG, no indictments, as Clinton travels around the country on a book signing tour.

I fail to see your point through all the ignorance
This is not about Hillary Clinton

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I fail to see your point through all the ignorance
This is not about Hillary Clinton

I know, It's about trump not living up to his campaign promises. You can't see the connection? Read the OP again....

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Trump has worked harder to fulfill his campaign promises than any president in my lifetime.

I'm sure he'll get around to finishing them all during his second term.

Can't wait to see the gloves come off after 2020.
edit on 4-7-2019 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

ETA: Didn't she have to cancel her tour since no one showed up for it?

Must be real hard for her now, what with all those (bribes) "donations" no longer flowing into the Clinton Foundation from all those foreign countries.
edit on 4-7-2019 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Yeah. Because everybody keeps campaign promises. That must be the reason. lol.

www.cheatsheet.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Can you imagine who the person will be that Trump campaign's for in 2024, just to beat the democrats again?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

www.cheatsheet.com...

But not everyone riles up the faithful with chants of "lock her up" "lock her up"

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I'll bet you even money that Trump doesn't campaign for anyone.

Trump is not a politician.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

www.cheatsheet.com...

But not everyone riles up the faithful with chants of "lock her up" "lock her up"

Well, to be fair, most people are afraid of being "suicided".

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Trump has worked harder to fulfill his campaign promises than any president in my lifetime.

I'm sure he'll get around to finishing them all during his second term.

Can't wait to see the gloves come off after 2020.

ETA: Didn't she have to cancel her tour since no one showed up for it?

Must be real hard for her now, what with all those (bribes) "donations" no longer flowing into the Clinton Foundation from all those foreign countries.

I actually hope you're right. I voted for him and haven't seen any real progress on the big promises. The Democrats running now are a huge joke. I can't imagine this country being led by any one of them. But at the same time, the disappointments that Trump has created seriously concern me. Thus far, with only a few exceptions, he has failed. I'm still open to vote again for him if things turn around but there just isn't much time left. That's the point of this thread -- he has it completely in his power to ACT and he has failed to do so. I can only presume it's by his own choice because no one is stopping him.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

a reply to: highvein

I'll bet you even money that Trump doesn't campaign for anyone.

Trump is not a politician.

But he is a Business Man.
Any Republican politician would be stupid not to get Trump to campaign for him.
And if Ivanka does decide to run....guess who is going to help her?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

No one is stopping him?

If that was true the wall would be under construction, the border would be closed, and there are a lot of judges who's names would never have been in the paper.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

www.cheatsheet.com...

No they tell people that it is okay to send death threats to kids online.
They tell people that you can keep your doctor, but I can't see a reason that Obama would have kept that chant up. Why are you all bent out of shape about lock her up? Your complaining that she is not locked up and Trump isn't even elected to his 2nd term yet. Are you really interested in seeing her locked up? If so, you should start a "lock her up or your not getting reelected" PAC. That would draw some attention to the issue.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

You're so 2016.

2016 still stings?

Lolololol

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The problem with many on the right is that, like the left, they believed the media’s lies that Trump would be an authoritarian dictator.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Lot of hard work on the golf course. I dont agree he's working hard on anything else. If he is, its not very visible

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Whollary?
Psh, Tom foolery.
You need to go back to schoolery.
Because that bitch went down,
With a frown and no crown,
And wears the "L" for jewelry.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

No one is stopping him?

If that was true the wall would be under construction, the border would be closed, and there are a lot of judges who's names would never have been in the paper.

He has authority, both by the Constitution and by statute, to implement whatever he deems necessary to control immigration. That includes building a wall WITHOUT the authorization of Congress or courts. He has not done so, so yes, only HE has prevented this from happening. His claim, and that of his remaining supporters, that he's been prevented from controlling immigration or building a wall due to the witch hunt (and it WAS and still IS a witch hunt) is false. NOTHING is in place to stop him except his decisions to not use the law to accomplish what he promised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join