It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Your Favorite "Hot Ones" Episodes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
As many of you know, HOT ONES is a show that tortures their guests by challenging them to eat some of the hottest sauces on the market while trying to endure an interview. I only started watching this a few months ago after watching hot pepper challenges on YouTube.

Starting in 2015, apparently this show films 2 seasons per year. The beauty is that host Sean Evans eats the exact same thing that the guests eat, so the playing field is level.

After skipping around, I am now trying to plow through them in order, and there are a lot of episodes!
So far, Kevin Hart was the funniest, while rapper YG and wrestler Sasha Banks showed very little response... Impressive!
Most other guests appear to be enduring Hell itself.

Here is another favorite of mine, rapper RIFF RAFF. Dude is hilarious:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

I'm not interested in the topic at all but I just had to point out...

You started with..

As many of you know, HOT ONES is a show that tortures their guests by challenging them to eat some of the hottest sauces on the market while trying to endure an interview.

And your post ended with your signature...

...and thats why aliens dont talk to us.

I think you are on to something.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I would think it illogical to assume aliens wouldn't engage in such "I dare you" shenanigans on their own home world.

I'm sure the male adolescents challenge one another to eat the occasion gorkkk beetle to prove their tolerance for the intolerable.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I like the show because it represents a rite of passage, which is something that's disappearing from modern culture. These days, a rite of passage includes successfully navigating your new smartphone and operating a microwave.

I actually own the following sauces:
-Valentina Black label (great mild to medium sauce)
-Sphinchter Shrinker (apple based)
-Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally (kinky and sweet)
-Widow (ouch! tastes like venom)
-4 of the Yucateco sauces (Ole!)
-Sriracha (funky smell)
-Mad Dog 357 (super ouch!)

and I just ordered Pain 100%... i'm waiting until a later time to order "Da Bomb"
..and Mad Dog's Plutonium is out of the question... it's $99 per bottle! =P

If you think that's dumb, Rachael Ray goes on this show and just eats SPOONFULS of the crap!!! LoL

edit on 5-7-2019 by DeReK DaRkLy because: no habla ingles

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I think you are on to something.

Well, thank ye kindly!
Yes I've had that signature, which links to my "signature thread," for a long time now.
The most joyous part is, it works with pretty much every thread I make, because it's a direct slap in humanity's face, which all primates need from time to time! =O

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

I was bingeing responsibly last night and thought the coincidence of your signature line rather funny.

But I also thought the refrigerator here was funny too...

Tequila makes my clothes fall of...

To the topic!

I really love spicy food so play around with it a bit but I have never understood the "let's check our taste bud's boundaries till we make them go away" strategy.

On the other hand, I've never heard of the series and have to watch some now.

You have one convert... LOL

edit on 5-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have a ridiculous number of hot sauces in my fridge. But for me, when I make spicy food, the challenge is to not change the flavor the meal, but to elegantly add heat. There are peppers that do this very well, and powders as well. But often I just like to add some heat without making it extreme.

I'll add finely minced Thai chilies to my chimichurri. Or scorpion pepper powder to a Korean BBQ marinade. Or very tiny-chopped Serrano into my deviled eggs. Stuff like that.

I will say that once, I bought some Hatch chilies.. the mutant XXX atomic ones. Usually this means they are medium heat at best. But this one time, I bought some, and made a chili verde sous vide pork chop meal, and my wife and I almost died. Our heads were sweating. We had to eat it a couple bites at a time and take a break. And I make ludicrously hot salsa with at least 5 types of chili peppers, I was not expecting that, and I wish I could find those suckers again. I never thought I'd find green chili peppers that would rival and beat out habanaro and scotch bonnet and the like.

new topics

top topics

join