It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian oligarch admits that Chris Steele was on HIS payroll.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Can't make this stuff up...

It Turns Out A Russian Oligarch Paid The Man Hired By Hillary Clinton To Claim Trump Colluded With Russia

During an interview with The Hill’s John Solomon, Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska acknowledged that he paid Christopher Steele (who was hired through an intermediary by the Clinton campaign to compile the infamous and discredited “Steele Dossier” alleging Team Trump colluded with Russia in 2016) for a research project.

Turns out Steele has been on retainer for Deripaska since 2012.

Granted, this doesn't prove conclusively that the Steele Dossier was deliberate disinformation, but it sure as hell looks that way.
edit on 4-7-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Russia, Comey, Hillary...Looks like Steele was taking it in from every orifice.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Looks to me like Steele is essentially a mercenary with no real loyalties. He probably banks on his status as ex-British intelligence to give a nice polish to whatever turd he's being paid to peddle.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Sounds like he was a go between between the Clinton/DNC and Russia.

Instead of laundering money he was an attempt to launder information.

The real Russian collusion.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Almost brought down a US president with allegations including urinating prostitutes!

You can't make this stuff up, er, then again...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So there may be a peetape after all.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And they laughed and laughed...

edit on 4-7-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ooooh, this proves there was collusion with Russia. The Democrats were right pointing a finger at Trump, remember three or four fingers are pointing at yourself when you point at someone. They were just confused at who was colluding, you can't blame the Democrats, they are following the progressive liberals lead and were not aware what was happening.

Is this oligarch to be trusted? I believe he is actually bragging about how he caused so much turmoil in this country

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Is this oligarch to be trusted? I believe he is actually bragging about how he caused so much turmoil in this country

Isn't it odd the connection trump had with this oligarch.

thehill.com...

time.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: rickymouse

Isn't it odd the connection trump had with this oligarch.
thehill.com...
time.com...

I'll tell you what is odd, the connection the oligarch had with so many in the USA.

I apologize for the large past but this part of the article is all inclusive to the point I am making

First, Deripaska wasn’t just any Russian. He was closely aligned with Putin and had been helpful to the FBI as far back as 2009. So he had earned some trust with the agents.

Most importantly, Deripaska’s interview with the FBI reportedly was never provided by Team Mueller to Manafort’s lawyers, even though it was potential proof of innocence, according to Manafort defense lawyer Kevin Downing. Manafort, initially investigated for collusion, was convicted on tax and lobbying violations unrelated to the Russia case.
That omission opens a possible door for appeal for what is known as a Brady violation, for hiding exculpatory information from a defendant.

“Recent revelations by The Hill prove that the Office of Special Counsel’s (OSC) claim that they had a legitimate basis to include Paul Manafort in an investigation of potential collusion between the Trump presidential campaign and the Russian government is false,” Downing told me. “The failure to disclose this information to Manafort, the courts, or the public reaffirms that the OSC did not have a legitimate basis to investigate Manafort, and may prove that the OSC had no legitimate basis to investigate potential collusion between the Trump presidential campaign and the Russian government.”
Deripaska’s second relevance to Mueller’s congressional hearings has to do with a series of events that first gained him trust inside the FBI.

Deripaska confirmed a story I reported last year from FBI sources that he spent more than $20 million of his own money between 2009 and 2011 on a private rescue operation to free Robert Levinson, a retired FBI agent captured in Iran in 2007 while on a CIA mission.

Deripaska confirmed he paid for the operation at the request of the FBI, which was then under Mueller’s direction. And he added that McCabe, then a rising FBI supervisor who was a former colleague of Levinson and later became a key figure in the Russia collusion probe, was one of those who asked him to help.

“I was approached, you know, by someone that he is under a lot of scrutiny now — McCabe,” Deripaska said. “He also said that it was important enough for all of them [FBI officials]. And I kind of trusted them.”

Deripaska said his privately funded rescue team came very close to a deal with the Iranian captors to secure Levinson’s release but he was told by his FBI handlers that the deal ran into difficulties at Hillary Clinton’s State Department and was scuttled. “I heard that some Russian ‘hand,’ or whatever you call people who are expert on the Russians at the State Department, [said], ‘We just don’t want to owe anything to this guy,’ ” Deripaska told me, adding that he never expected any U.S. favors for his personal efforts to free Levinson.

Asked if he thought the former FBI agent is alive, some dozen years later, Deripaska answered: “I don’t think so.” He pointed out that if Levinson had been alive, he likely would have come home in 2016, after the Obama administration struck a nuclear deal with Iran.

Deripaska said he is continuing to investigate what really happened at State with Levinson, as he tries to fight the sanctions levied against him in 2018. His company, Rusal, has been removed from the sanctions list.

Deripaska’s tale has the potential to raise questions about a conflict of interest, since Mueller’s FBI first received a gift in the form of the privately funded rescue mission before Mueller, as special prosecutor, investigated Deripaska’s ties to key figures in the Russia case.

And Deripaska’s complicated tale goes on: His legal team in 2012 hired Steele, the former British MI6 agent, to do some research for a lawsuit involving a business rival that Deripaska was fighting in London: “It was a research project to support what was the case against me in London. But my understanding is that the lawyers trusted him for some reason, and he was for quite a time on retainer.”

Deripaska was unaware, though, that Steele also was working for the FBI on, among other things, a special program to recruit Russian oligarchs to provide intelligence on Putin and Russian organized crime.
He told me that Steele invited him to a September 2015 meeting with some Justice Department officials, under the guise that they might be able to help with the Russian’s long-running battle with State to get visas to visit the U.S. He said the offer to help with his visa problem was a “pretext” to recruit him.

“They actually never talk, you know, about the [visa] problem. They start talking about anything else. They ask, ‘Do you have anything? Give me names. Cases, whatever,’ ” Deripaska recalled.

He said he later was shocked to learn that Steele eventually went to work for the Clinton campaign through Fusion GPS, and the FBI, and spread allegations of the now-disproven Russia-Trump collusion.

thehill.com...

Deripaska sounds like a bandwagoner. I wonder who will be damaged the most by his forthcoming interviews.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

This is why the DOJ is currently attempting to find out if Democrats lied (again), when they said Russia was working help Donald Trump be elected President.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

From June 5, 2019: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

"He's [Steele] obviously made a strategic decision because he's going to be interviewed by John Durham," diGenova said on Fox News.

"It's not the inspector general from the Department of Justice who's going to talk to him because he doesn't have any reason to talk to Mr. Horowitz.

He's going to talk to John Durham and his people. So there's obviously some sort of deal that has been worked out. This is great news!"

I Wonder if this interview has occurred yet? Durham and a couple of assistants were supposed to travel to the United Kingdom to meet with Christopher Steele.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Ahahahahahaha
Ahahaahahaha
Wait wait
Ahaahahaahaa

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Rich guy having connections with other rich guy ... odd?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

“It was a research project to support one of the cases against me in London,” Deripaska told Solomon. “But my understanding was that lawyers trust him for some reason and he was for quite a time on retainer.”

Steele ran an investigative and research organization Orbis Business Intelligence, Ltd

even if the firm was hired by Deripaska how does that change anything?

You guys sure do waste a lot of time on what you claim is a phony document.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I cant say but I have read a few times that no only is there a tape but that the intel people have it.
LOL.

Russia obviously has something on him.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

He who laughs last....

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Can't make this stuff up...

Nyet? But the Russians can, and do.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

And they laughed and laughed...

I did too, it was funny as hell!

Especially since it is now coming out that the actual evidence in the Mueller Report itself actually dis-proves the claims it makes that Russia 'meddling' was significant, and that that claim may actually all be fake too - or at least vastly over blown...

The Mueller Report supposedly documents a concerted effort by Russian 'troll farm', aka the IRA, was not connected in any way connected to the Rus

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I cant say but I have read a few times that no only is there a tape but that the intel people have it. LOL. Russia obviously has something on him.

Still with the pee tape eh?
At this point the fact that YOU bring this up says more about YOU than it ever will about Trump.

Or is pee a witchcraft thing with you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join