It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America on the wrong path to self destruction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
As I watch, read and even listen to what is happening in the States, only one thing comes to mind, the States is becoming lawless from the top to the bottom. And that is only lead to self-destruction of a nation.

Its wrong that people rely on govt money to survive for their basic needs. Here, where I live, yes, sorry I'll say it again, Japan, you work till you can't and then the govt. may put a "goodwill" handout to you. Family use to take care of the elderly , but now the kids are off in never never land and working part time jobs. Slaves , just 3 words , modern day slaves. Just terrible I tell ya.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I wouldn't worry to much because when robots take all our jobs then everyone will have to rely on the government. It is just that they may have jumped the gun a bit. Also not all old people have kids.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

People survive on the government because of the trap put in place to keep them there. Once you fall into the welfare trap you're stuck without insane effort on your part to get out of it. If you make even a slight bit of money, or heaven forbid have a spouse, you suddenly lose all help all while not making enough to even cover what you had while on welfare, which results in failing time and again, constantly falling back on welfare and just accepting it and learning to play the welfare system, because they make getting out of it and staying out of it harder a less rewarding than simply staying there.

Take my girlfriend and I, we want to get married but we can't, I make too much, even though we're struggling to get by, living week to week for the most part, that if we got married she'd lose all her benefits and she'd be #ed without medicaid, and I can't afford a single extra expense, I don't even have health insurance for myself, I certainly can't afford it for her, especially and still afford the co pays. So we're stuck, because there's not enough of a gradual loss of benefits, hell if she were to work more than 20 hours or 20 hours and above minimum wage she'd lose her benefits and be expected to cover her own medical bills or insurance... So 21 hours or 20 at 5 cents over minimum wage is considered a good cut off for all medicaid...

Yeah the system is #ed...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think the problem is that the officials are anti-American and want the Americans to stay suffering.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
As opposed to the right path to destruction!?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'd like to think that America is on the path to prosperity for all; it's just that the road is fraught with danger.

I might be wrong but nothing good has ever come from having a defeatist attitude.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 4-7-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It's mass delusion and it's not the first time it's happened. People idolize the government and the administration, drool over military displays and airplanes and tanks and then those same people turn around and take massive help from the government.

Take the agriculture bailouts, for soybeans and similar products affected by the trade war. All those farmers are taking free subsidies, some as much as $2.8 million per year. Last year's bailouts were some $14 billion, this year so far $16 billion. That's $30 BILLION dollars in taxpayer giveaways due to bad trade policy. And people will still idolize the government like they've been hypnotized.

Little do they realize just how much free giveaways that is. The government estimates The Wall will cost $21.6 billion dollars to build. The entire 1600-1700 miles. And we just gave away $30b to farmers over a year and half, because we're losing so much money in trade.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Farmers have been hosed for years now because of crappy trade deals, that is certainly true.

Which is why Trump is trying to fix that.

The subsidies you are talking about for the last few years have been paid by monies brought in from tarrifs, btw.

So also a better situation then the last few presidents have done.

But at the end of the day I would still rather help a farmer out then shell out the hundreds of billions of dollars we spend on illegal aliens in this country every year.

Happy 4th!!!

edit on 4-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Everything is on a path to self destruction. The idea that it's the wrong path is kind of biased, as there's really no such thing in nature.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Uh
Nope
Happy Independence Day!

top topics

join