It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metrocosm : UFO Sightings in United States and Interactive Map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
UFO sightings on the 4th of July are the highest of any other day according to Metrocosm. As I continue my own UFO study I came across this interactive map that is somewhat comparable to MUFONs but this map is essentially set up as a statistically based concentration diagram. I am only posting this an an FYI as just another tool that may be used by others in conducting their own research on the UFO subject. So what I am using it for? I am attempting to quantify the quantity of UFO sightings in regions or cites that have a heavy religious presence as I believe that a paranormal connect "may" exist between those who have seen a UFO along with those having paranormal events. Meaning less UFOs reported equals a high concentration of religious people. I am not saying anything yet but am just looking into this possibility. Anyway, my wheels are turning after reading a book titled Dark Intrusions by Louis Proud; ISBN 9781933665443. Enjoy

Metrocosm

edit on 4-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added pic

edit on 4-7-2019 by Waterglass because: revised title

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Does the map take into account that there are more reported UFOs in places where there live more people to report them.
If not its rather worthless map

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Does the map take into account that there are more reported UFOs in places where there live more people to report them.

Thanks for responding. Yes, you have confirmed what I have been thinking. Of course it does not and that's what is interesting here is that as where there are millions of people living in several densely populated major US cities yet the amount of reports is low, almost non existent. So, you just introduced another possible explanation. Could it be that UFO's stay away from high concentrations of people having deep religious beliefs or that they are simply less observant? This graph is excellent because it presents a concentration diagram of raw sightings, independent of other variables such as and including population density. Regardless of all of the if ands and buts, a report is a report thus much of the background noise to skew statistical manipulation is not present.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I am attempting to quantify the quantity of UFO sightings in regions or cites that have a heavy religious presence as I believe that a paranormal connect "may" exist between those who have seen a UFO along with those having paranormal events.

Well for the fourth at any rate, I think UFO sightings are neigh about worthless. The night where the most human created aerial lighted activity has the highest number of UFO reports? Hmm... nothing religious, paranormal or even alien about it.

I tend to ignore pretty much all 4th of July related sightings. Unless there is an amazing video or something, lights are almost certainly fireworks, skydivers, drones, or who knows what on that holiday. Do other countries have a high # of sightings on the 4th as well?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

For what its worth, there's a hypothesis developing out in the UFO research circles to the effect that locations showing high magnetic anomalies, they call them purple zones, also tend to be places of abnormally high UFO activity and sightings.

I've noticed on your map that I can identify about 3 areas that correspond with magnetic anomaly. The hypothesis is to the effect that areas of high magnetic anomaly serve as naturally occurring exit points for worm hole portals and/or trans-dimensional portals. You'll notice that the high magnetic anomaly locations tend to be in mountainous regions like the mountains around Eceti ranch.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I know I know but this sheet has been ongoing for decades and so where are we. All I am doing is attempting to see if there are any patterns to the data. My focus will be on the pulsating flashing orange objects seen globally. Have you ever been interviewed by a UFO Investigator? I have and one of there questions is have you ever experienced the paranormal. I thought that question was really weird but they asked. So I asked why they asked and said that people who have seen UFO's are typically followed around by them throughout their entire life. Yikes. Not me but Sleep Paralysis is considered by some to be a paranormal experience, however the medical community doesn't want to park it there. Its simple and easy explanation but no published study to date can link it to a specific gene or DNA.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Thanks and yes I heard of that so I am looking to find a map if available and overlay it with this map and take it from there.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well, PLEASE, if you find a map of what I think Jimmy Church calls the "purple zones" of high magnetic anomaly, please share it.

I found one but..............couldn't make out the legend; it was just confusing mish-mash o'crap.

Here's what I found: mrdata.usgs.gov...

then I found this! (what do the colors mean?)
geomag.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
With very few exceptions, that map is one that shows the relative levels of commercial and private aviation activity.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Thank you as we have another who is spot on. Yes, in my opine many UFOs mimic commercial, military and private air traffic activity either above or behind them as they seem to use the same flight paths. Except they use different type of lights [Yehudi lights] and the flash sequence is irregular so as to mess with the camera or video. Just another countermeasure along with the excuse of plausible deniability by the guys in the know.

Since the map is drawn with NUFORC for almost 90 years of data we have to start with something, unless you have something better?
edit on 4-7-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

That’s why I like MUFON map.
You zoom in on the place and an icon will appear in accordance to what type of unknown sighting it was.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

You have to remember - assuming it’s the same as MUFONs map, it’s not the amount of reports in the local.
It’s the reports that have been dispositioned as an Unknown.
Meaning the FI wasn’t at least 80-90% sure that the object was an IFO
edit on 4-7-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I like it too.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Shush you.

You're not an authority to add or remove credibility to this map, until you have established credentials.

This map is worthwhile to me, regardless of your opinion.

top topics

join