It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does no record of Bob Lazar at Caltech or MIT mean with regards to his story

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
As with all people interested in UFOs, I am sure I have a bias towards the side of believing. But there are a lot people who make a lot of money or get a lot hits of "debunking" everything. Debunking is a huge money making business. So people who debunk can be criticized of everything they criticize people like Bob Lazar of doing.

So recently watched a documentary on Bob Lazar off Netflix. Here's the trailer of the documentary:

It's very entertaining. And after watching, I got to the point where I thought "maybe" Lazar is telling the truth.

And then, of course, all the debunkers come out of the woodwork to start making their cut on the profits. I read this article on why Bob Lazar's story is a complete fabrication:

Looking at the Bob Lazar story from the perspective of 2018

In the beginning of the article the debunker loses all credibility with me when he says, "Ummmm….What’s a “newsgroup”??" How can the guy making the debunking claims be a real physicist as he claims and not know about newsgroups!

Usenet Newsgroups

Regardless of the debunkers lack of credibility with the internet, he does make some interesting points about Bob Lazar's education claims. I think Bob Lazar making the claim he has masters degrees from Caltech and MIT are the biggest problem with his story. I find this one issue kind of persuades me to think maybe Bob Lazar is not telling the truth. When you attend either of those schools you are going to have records of your existence there that would be very difficult to be removed by the government as Bob Lazar claims.

I still want to believe Bob's story. But the education thing kind of bothers me a bit with regards to believing in Bob Lazar.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
As with all people interested in UFOs, I am sure I have a bias towards the side of believing. But there are a lot people who make a lot of money or get a lot hits of "debunking" everything. Debunking is a huge money making business. So people who debunk can be criticized of everything they criticize people like Bob Lazar of doing.

So recently watched a documentary on Bob Lazar off Netflix. Here's the trailer of the documentary:

It's very entertaining. And after watching, I got to the point where I thought "maybe" Lazar is telling the truth.

And then, of course, all the debunkers come out of the woodwork to start making their cut on the profits. I read this article on why Bob Lazar's story is a complete fabrication:

Looking at the Bob Lazar story from the perspective of 2018

In the beginning of the article the debunker loses all credibility with me when he says, "Ummmm….What’s a “newsgroup”??" How can the guy making the debunking claims be a real physicist as he claims and not know about newsgroups!

Usenet Newsgroups

Regardless of the debunkers lack of credibility with the internet, he does make some interesting points about Bob Lazar's education claims. I think Bob Lazar making the claim he has masters degrees from Caltech and MIT are the biggest problem with his story. I find this one issue kind of persuades me to think maybe Bob Lazar is not telling the truth. When you attend either of those schools you are going to have records of your existence there that would be very difficult to be removed by the government as Bob Lazar claims.

I still want to believe Bob's story. But the education thing kind of bothers me a bit with regards to believing in Bob Lazar.

ALL EDUCATION RECORDS CAN EASILY BE MANIPULATED WITH A PHONE CALL.

It could be that wiping his records or him making the claim was intentional to make his story line up with others who have been gangstalked….he coul be an intentional leak who was only given specific compartamentalised data which is what it seems like to me....hell I can tell you how Neutral -Dimension Craft fly...why cant Bob?....because he has been told not to...and because no one in hades cares what I or any other obscure person says …..lol....Bob can be taken seriously on some levels...I think he is willingly or unknowingly playing a part in a long term disclosure process.
edit on 4-7-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Bob Lazar could be part of a cleverly design disinformation effort. But even still, this bother's me:

"A last item for your consideration to assess Lazar’s veracity is his academic background. He claims Masters degrees from BOTH Caltech and MIT in subjects they don’t offer and during time periods he couldn’t have physically been at either campus. In response to questions at the “Ultimate UFO Seminar” in Rachael, NV in May of 1993, Lazar was so kind as to offer up the names of two of his instructors at Caltech and MIT, a “Dr. Duxler” as well as “Hohsfield”. He even spelled them. Stan Friedman told me he went searching for Duxler and no such person ever taught at Caltech or MIT. However he did find a William Duxler who taught Math and Physics at the previously mentioned Pierce College and confirmed to Friedman that Lazar had taken at least one of his courses in the 1970s."

And this claim by the debunker:

"As for finding Hohsfield, Friedman rolled snake eyes, beyond confirming no one by that name ever taught at Caltech or MIT. However did you know that in this amazing 21st Century you can buy reprints of all sorts of old high school yearbooks? Like, for example, the 1976 yearbook for W. Tresper Clarke High School? And if one were to do so, one would find that there was a Technical and Vocational teacher there by the name of Frederick Hohsfield. Looks like he was teaching electronics. Interesting, no?"

edit on 4-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

His statements of what are at the so called "S-4" are history changing if true, if it was known that we on earth had craft from another star system confirming that Alien life exists it is right up there with proving or disproving "God", hell maybe they created us??...

I personally do not believe anything is beyond the controlling arm of the people that hold such information if it does exist, and making someone disappear or discrediting with education history removal is rather simple if you look at the whole picture.

The issue is whenever people ask for hard proof such as seeing the element 115 he has (I believe he said he had some of it?) or having class mates or professors come forward with testimony he always declines the 115 request and says he will not be giving any names to protect them as he believes if named they will be subject to harassement. Whilst that is a viable concern I do not believe anyone has ever come forward who was with him at MIT that can confirm he was there?.

George Knapp even commented that he has been on Bobs case as to if he just said he was at MIT to sex up his CV?..

Currently with the whole thing you have someone that is making world changing claims that has some credibility as he is within the scientific community that has some arguable proof but will not assist in getting over the finishing line with that knock out blow or either showing the element 115, or having class mates etc testify that they where with him, all whilst saying he wants nothing to do with the subject for years and years but then does a documentary with his name all over the cover?, that is hardly getting away from the subject.........

I really want the story to be true, I have spent hours listening to most things on BL but in the end you have to go with blind faith as to if it really is true. As someone that wants clear proof and facts I have a massive issue with the whole thing.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Because of this...I believe him. It's exactly how the gov. does things...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I just think he would have tons of details even though it was so long ago. He talks about it like it is a short story instead of a novel. To guess right about that element was inevitable, it was going to happen sooner or later. I think he is smart but/and I do not believe him.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yet no one from these school has ever stated they remember him, have they? Guess he made no friends or impression while there.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

What does no record of Bob Lazar at Caltech or MIT mean with regards to his story?

Really. Stupid. Question.

They tried to erase his credentials in order to claim he was in no way affiliated with black projects.

That key components of his story have been corroborated, finally, puts him on solid ground.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I, like a lot of people so want Bob Lazar's story to be true.
We all know that records can be altered or possibly even erased, but hundreds of students who studied with Bob? Bob can't offer up any colleagues from his time at College/university, doesn't have any dissertations or published work form his MIT/Caltech days, he should at least have copies or keep sakes? Can year books or graduation pics be taken back and Bobs picture cut out, someone should remember him, especially with all the publicity he's received over the years?

Out of the blue, I've asked a few people that went to university in the early 90's to name just a few colleagues or teachers/professors, and after just a few minutes, all of them have offered up a hand full of names, who can be verified on things like LinkedIn, but Bob can't offer up any? They can't all have been magically erased can they?

Sometimes I wonder if he's part of some COINTELPRO operation maybe designed to ferret out Area 51 leakers, employ Bob knowing his background is falsified, show him some mock alien stuff and see who says what, to either back up his story or say " no, this is what really went on at Area 51!", or use him to help cover up any leaks of stealth tech or even alien stuff. Then when someone comes forward, it's easy to dismiss their story because Bobs already layed the manure. Maybe even to confuse enemy spies, get them running around in circles after false stories.
Then we have the Aviary guys who have possibly been behind things like the MJ12 documents and Serpo, to name just a few, maybe Bob's one of their own?

edit on 4-7-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
He is telling the truth as far as I can tell.
I see nothing indicating anything else.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Akin to the phrase Bob Lazar used to battle this slander...

People are having a hard time seeing the forest through the trees.

Let's look at the facts.

-Bob Lazar was born in January of 1959
-Bob Lazar was a C student in high school
-Bob Lazar had built some small jet engines as a teenager.
-Bob Lazar has 0 education records after high school. There are no cited sources for the Pierce college claims.
-Bob Lazar Built a Rocket Engine car.
-Bob Lazar was in fact, employed as a physicist at Los Alamos in 1982 as he was listed in the employee directory and in the newspaper article, this put him at 23/24 years old.
-Bob Lazar Built a hydrogen fuel cell engine into a Corvette.
-Bob Lazar, in 1989 came forward about his experiences at area 51 (S4), a base that was barely known about, he described a hand bone measuring security lock that was classified at the time, and made several other claims about the base that came to be true.

Let's think about this...

How does a guy with supposedly, almost 0 post high school education...

-Build a rocket engine car.
-Build a hydrogen fuel cell Corvette.
-Get a job as a physicist at a top secret US nuclear test facility working on classified nuclear weapons.
-Clearly have some inside knowledge of happenings at area 52, and some classified information.
-Start a Company called "United Nuclear" where he sells lab equipment, refined chemicals and elements, and manufactures aerogels.

Think about that.

What's more plausible, that his education was erased, or he accomplished these tasks without the aforementioned education in the day and age before the internet where everyone had free access to these materials.

Plus, if you've ever listened to Lazar speak for more than 10 minutes.. it's not hard to see he's a very very intelligent guy, who appears to be very well educated.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

It is probably BS...

Lazar claims the government erased proof existence at those places, but I have never seen any classmates who back up Lazars account..

You would think Lazar could point to atleast a few teachers/students he went to school with to varify his claims..

And this started decades ago, so from the point Lazar first Claimed his history was erased, I doubt that so my much time had passed no one remembered him

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Then where are the professors and classmates who back his story??

Erasing your file will not erase the memories of those who went to school there too.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'd like to believe the guy because he weaves a very interesting yarn.

However, I've come to the conclusion he's a charlatan, because nothing of his extraordinary claims has ever been brought into the full light of day.

20 years is a long time to be telling stories and have nothing bubble up to the surface to corroborate these claims.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
From books I have read about the subject of UFO's, saucer sightings, etc, counter intelligence agencies have destroyed records of people they need to silence. This goes way back before Blue Book.

The military industrial complex has discredited 100's, perhaps thousands of people and harmed their employment, wiped their academic histories, murdered, threatened families, etc.

Getting rid of educational histories of people they need to silence is child's play compared to other means of silencing witnesses and whistle blowers.

None of this proves anyone's stories must be true of course, but these methods of silencing and discrediting people are not just someone's theory.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Then where are the professors and classmates who back his story??

Erasing your file will not erase the memories of those who went to school there too.

There's a guy named Stan Cottrell, who has made many extraordinary claims related to extreme distance running around the world. He has a few books out and is (was?) one of the prime movers behind LifeWave (and other snake oil health quackery products). He is extremely charismatic and has a knack for telling people what they want to hear in order to talk them out of their money.

Much of his shtick involves self promotion (he was CIA, he was a general in the military, he's on a first-name basis with many heads of state...the list is extensive), along with claims of breaking records in high school track, etc.

Some of the people he took advantage of got together to pool resources and do some digging. What they brought to light included speaking with some of Cottrell's fellow students and teachers--all of whom described him as an average student who grew up to tell lies and make a living at it.

Con men like Cottrell are rarely prosecuted because their victims willingly give them their money; in many cases, no crime has been committed. All that's happened is well-meaning people, selectively targeted, have promises made to them and later those promises turned out to be hollow.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

In a civil court, a verbal promise, although not as strong as a written contract, is still a contract a judge can rule in favor of, or against. Especially happening to many people being cheated or promises never honored.

Sounds like that guy could end up being proven to have defrauded people.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
In a case about five years ago in Atlanta involving Cottrell, the judge, in his closing comments prior to ruling, described Cottrell's and his pals' activities as "cons conning cons." It was high comedy.

One of his primary M.O.'s was to target lonely ladies who were well-off, and romance them for a few weeks before hitting them up for the dollarinos.

Sorry for going off topic.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled Bob Lazar thread.
edit on 4-7-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: Because Cottrell is a typical con man.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

You my fiend, are bang on the money.

I don’t even bother arguing these facts anymore as they fall on deaf ears that have already made up their mind.
But I am very happy when I see others thinking on the same lines as myself.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The VIDEO interviews from back in the 80-90s of him explaining discovering element ununpentium is used as the fuel source for interstellar aliencraft - NEVER ROCKETS NOR COMBUSTIBLE FUEL- was huge blow to NASA (and now SpaceX)'s ongoing fakery.

so obviously they need him to seem fake/crazy until dead. they didnt erase his undergrad degree.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join