It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War to be Massive Gun Grab

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Well, not to be argumentative, but recall I am positing something along the lines of the Katrina experience.

So, after about 3 days or less of continuous rioting, fire setting, looting, etc., the "good" folks are going to be forced to bolt, to evacuate out of the area because, well, the lights go out, the gas pumps go dry, etc. People have to leave.

Just as in Katrina, what's left are the bad actors who couldn't evacuate. Doesn't take much in the way of troops to cordon off the "city" and to motor in to take control; yea, the door to door takes a couple of months, but they can and actually did it in NOLA after Katrina.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Even here in the un-constitutional state of CT, every weekend there are thousands of dollars of ammo expended legally on private property ranges within earshot. They ain't 10 magazine limit volleys like the magazine limit law states either. There will be huge pockets of armed resistance and a lot of blood will be shed in urban warfare settings.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

There would be some, certainly.

Inner-city gangs are no more likely to give up their weapons than the most rural of cowboys... So, yeah, there'll certainly be some.

But I think many, even most, will at least comply in a token fashion. I might give up my hunting rifle, but my shotguns, and handguns will be safely gone. Stashed away where only I can find 'em, along with the ammo and reloading supplies.

I'm certainly not going to wage war on the police/national guard/who ever...that has only one outcome. I wouldn't like it.

Pretend to comply. Until it's my turn.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So owning lots of guns is a good idea. It will assure much in handouts received.
edit on 7/4/2019 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I imagine the military, police and other individuals collecting guns will first place their loved ones in internment camps for safe keeping.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Trade a throw away for a dozen eggs, and some butter or flour? Sure. Hide the good stuff. Just like Southerners did during the Civil War. Give the looters what they think they're looking for, while hiding the silver away.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: EternalShadow

"If Hillary would have taken office we wouldn't have Antifa, immigration issues, etc."

You really believe that????

Yeah. I really believe that.

Who's party is for open borders?

Let's just say it wouldn't be a priority of the left as it is now for the right.

Where else would Hillary and her ilk get their monthly dose of children?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That's not factually correct. This isn't a dictatorship we have three branches of government and each state has it's own powers. If this were Trump's government there would be no sanctuary cities, ICE would be better funded so we could afford those toothbrushes and the wall would be a whole lot further along. Calling this Trump's government is quite an overstatement.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: scolai

"After the conflict, the media and various governments across the country will tell us "

Well, since those are some of the parties -- the media and various governments across the country -- that will lose the conflict, I doubt that many people will still be listening to anything they have to say after. Just saying.

I think after the war we keep our guns. It happened last time like that; so, why should this time be different?

edit on 4-7-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added. one. word.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But... But... We don't even know our neighbors!

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Does that include Trump's government? it is his after all.

Trump is one man.

The US Government is filled to the brim with unelected parasites that are virtually immune from being fired, many/most of whom are leftist scum.

There is only so much one man can do, especially when being attacked from all sides.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Badams
If it did come down to that, the "poor pricks" tasked to confiscate / steal / whatever your guns will undoubtedly be police. Now they're not stupid,

No, they're not, and many are very pro 2nd amendment folks, who will not only refuse the order to confiscate, many will either turn around and shoot the poor lackey that gave the order, or simply walk from one side to the other,m and stand with the Citizenry.

they know what some people will do, and they'll have the law behind them to use deadly force if someone decided to "defend their rights with their firearms"

And as these asshats start disappearing during the gun confiscation program... ?

I doubt it would go down the way you think it would.

On this we agree...

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Honestly, I have a hard time believing Trump would do this to the American people. That having been said, I can fully get behind the idea of states enacting this sort of gun grab on their own. Many blue states are in open defiance of our Constitution and our President at this very moment. Why would they not continue that defiance in a manner that affords them great power over a defenseless citizenry?

"But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security."

It is time to take back what is ours.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I hear you, but NOLA is small potatoes compared to 106 million houses spread out over 3.8 million square miles.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
But he promised you he would drain the swamp and that he was the only one that could do it. So how is that going, reply to: tanstaafl

edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 05 Jul 2019 09:47:08 -0500Fri, 05 Jul 2019 09:47:08 -050019072019-07-05T09:47:08-05:00900000047 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

But he promised you he would drain the swamp and that he was the only one that could do it. So how is that going,

Slow, obviously, but again - he is just one man, fighting an unimaginable enemy, deeply embedded, like ticks on a dog.

I hope he will succeed, but only time will tell...

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I certainly would not be in any way, shape or form in favor of any kind of civil war. And I think in a lot of ways the conditions that have gotten us to this point could have been avoided if people didn't get so bent out of shape by (relatively) nonsense and hyped up agenda-pushing, provocateur-inciting BS that the media has been pumping out for as long as anyone can remember.

We know that the MSM knows how to publish in such a way as to calm, sooth and placate and they have not been doing that. So I would assume they have been doing it on purpose. We'd all be better off if people would not let these people get them so riled up. They're having a field day with vulnerable minds, basically.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Yes, he is just one man, but a man who said he was the only one who could fix America. I'm sure you remember that, he said it over and over during his campaign.

He said he had the best connections, that he has an innate skill at judging people, of knowing the best people for the jobs he would need done. But look at who he has hired and look at his turn over rate. His cabinet positions are filled with ''acting'' secretaries replacing those who he appointed and have either quit or been fired. As well, I have read that there are large vacancies in his administration that have just not been filled after two and a half years. Why are these empty positions filled with loyal and competent supporters?

Here, tan is a quick article on just how empty his cabinet is
foreignpolicy.com... nistration-shanahan/

www.axios.com...

You can look this issue up and find much more being reported about it.

My point here is that he is trying to run things all by himself, it's his way of doing things and as that may or may not have worked for him as a business man it is not a way to run our government. He could be filling all these positions with his ''best people'' but he is not.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Yes, he is just one man, but a man who said he was the only one who could fix America. I'm sure you remember that, he said it over and over during his campaign.

...snip...

My point here is that he is trying to run things all by himself, it's his way of doing things and as that may or may not have worked for him as a business man it is not a way to run our government. He could be filling all these positions with his ''best people'' but he is not.

Or, the deep state is fighting him at every turn, because they want continuous wars, and Trump doesn't.

Also, I don't recall him saying he was going to be able to fix everything in his first two years.

I have a feeling that things will take a very major turn for the better, once he is re-elected.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I have a feeling

Your faith in this man is certainly commendable from the standpoint of believing that our country needs to be fixed on a massive scale. Both far right and far left agree on this, it's just that when it comes to getting it done they both run to the far corners of the ring and hurl invectives at one another from the depths of their own ideologies.

But Trump is catering to only one of those far corner ideologies and in so doing alienates all those from the other corner and meanwhile all of us more in the middle are forced to abandon moderate positions in defense against those extremists. I'm doing my best to remain moderate and moderation is the key to compromise. This is what we need is people in office who can work with others of different positions. With Trump in the cat seat what we are getting is ''everyone on the left is pond scum and that is just not true.

Sure there are radicals but we would not see so much defense of them on either side if those more aligned with the moderates of different positions would not have to defend themselves so vehemently from the slings and arrows of both sides of radicals.

I believe that Trump relies upon those radicals on his side to much as it seems that they are willing to bend over backwards to justify everything he does. We hear, he miss-spoke all the time. Well yes, all of us miss-speak, but this guy is the president of the US and his rate of miss speaking can be chalked up to just simple gaffs or for those of us who have real concern about our future the possibility that the man is too loose in the head to be potus must be held as a dramatic possibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join