It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purported UFO crashes, a simple thought.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
G'Day all,

So, after all the recent goings on in the UFO/UAP world, what with the surge in chatter due to Corbell/Lazar, Delonge and AATIP and so on, I've found myself with a bit of renewed vigor in reading on the topic.

Of course, with this topic you take everything you read with a grain of salt. But a constant re-occuring argument against I see (in cases of crashes / retrievals) is "If these Beings and Craft are advanced enough to traverse the galaxy / dimensions, how come they get here and crash?" Now on the surface this seems a pretty logical argument against crashes happening - however I've recently had a different train of thought on it.

Say you're flying around over the ocean and encounter trouble for whatever reason, would you ditch straight into the ocean? or would you look for lights or any signs of civilization / life to give yourself a better chance at surviving and getting home?

I'm not arguing on the validity of this topic, its just simply a thought that could be applied that I haven't really seen mentioned anywhere in regards to purported crashes. As our current research suggests that life is pretty few and far between in our galaxy - on account of us not finding anything concrete yet after decades of searching - if something happened to a craft and it / its occupants decided it was going down - surely you'd go for the planet with detectable technology as opposed to a barren rock. It may be that were the only planet "locally" that looks like a good place to have a forced landing.

Opinions, anyone?

Ben

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Badams

IMO;

- there are no crashed ET/ID craft
- the US is not decades ahead of its enemies in any tech area and in many areas, it’s lagging. Especially on the government side. If it had access to ET tech, there’d be a huge gap over Russia/China/Etc.
- as far as actual ET contact... no. It would take any advanced civilization about an hour to realize taking to government officials is not a good idea/strategy. If they DID.., they should tell you all you need to know about ET... they’re DS on steroids.
- if the government funded UAP/UFO investigators had actual ET tech/info... letting one of their own go rogue and start a TV show about it simply wouldn’t be allowed.
- imagine how many people have been “dealt with” for significantly less sensitive reasons than ET disclosure.

When disclosure happens, it’s more likely to be confirmation of disinformation campaign. Which many will take as disinformation, lol.

These opinions won’t stop me from listening to the evidence/opinions from the other side. It’s going to take some pretty definitive and non-debatable evidence to convince me of ET existence.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PilSungMtnMan

That's a fair standpoint to have on the whole deal if you don't spend a whole lot of time and energy looking into it - hell even if you do really. I used to be in the aviation industry and I've seen a couple of things that I cannot explain - which is what keeps me mildly interested in new things that come out. I figure 99% of all the info in this field is BS but its that last 1% that keeps me into it.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
let me get this straight. Somebody's argument against advanced tech aliens is "how come they crash" ?

I find that amazingly childlike. So the assumption would then be that...since they are so advanced, their ships can not have a malfunction ?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

And equally, it is Amazingly childlike, to think that these objects are from a being Sooo advanced, to travel the huge distances to visit us, but not say hello, that, in your view, of course they should be allowed to crash.....they are Sooo advanced after all.

Perhaps there vessels are much simpler than we can imagine, and as usual, we over analyse the situation.

I believe, whatever this phenomenon is, they are based somewhere here on Earth, or close by on the Moon, and do what they do, for reasons beyond our understanding.

Clearly, after centuries, they have not made contact, nor made any overt threats, to our human Madness.

One can only guess what they actually think of Homo Sapiens.

edit on 4-7-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

And equally, it is Amazingly childlike. to think that these object are from a being Sooo advanced, to travel the huge distances to visit us, but not say hello, that, in your view, of course they should be allowed to crash.....they are Sooo advanced after all.

I'm failing to see the connection you're making. Why couldnt they have a malfunction and crash unwillingly ?

So in your view, it would be logical from a human perspective for an advanced alien civ to drop in and say hello to an inferior dangerous species ? Species that has nukes.

I believe, whatever this phenomenon is, they are based somewhere here on Earth, or close by on the Moon, and do what they do, for reasons beyond our understanding.

You might not be wrong on this one. I'm certainly not claiming they have daily trips to another part of the galaxy. They might be here all along..or somewhere nearby.

One can only guess what they actually think of Homo Sapiens.

Not saying hello is a testament to what they think

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I think its wrong to project our way of thinking and what we would do to an alien species.

A counter argument would be to indeed land on a barren rock and wait for help to arrive.On a side note,while stringfield was around ufos dropped like flies.Now barely a "crash" is mentioned.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The concept of being marooned in space=time is laughable, if a civilization developed technology to exit and re-enter space-time.

I find the idea less likely than more so, given the technology it would require for legitimate interstellar travel.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Badams
I'm not arguing on the validity of this topic, its just simply a thought that could be applied that I haven't really seen mentioned anywhere in regards to purported crashes. As our current research suggests that life is pretty few and far between in our galaxy - on account of us not finding anything concrete yet after decades of searching - if something happened to a craft and it / its occupants decided it was going down - surely you'd go for the planet with detectable technology as opposed to a barren rock. It may be that were the only planet "locally" that looks like a good place to have a forced landing.

Any civilization capable of FTL travel is probably extremely advanced. They may even have "blink" drives and can travel to other galaxies. I'm not sure the idea "life is few and far between" is an important as a question as the frequency of possible planets capable of supporting life. My understanding is the number of planets in our Universe capable of supporting life is on the order of grains of sand on Earth. If that is the case then over 100,000 to 1,000,000 of technology development who knows what is possible in terms of travel.

Also, I would think and extremely advance civilization would have space-ships so advanced with so many redundant systems it would be very unlikely they would ever fail. Maybe because of some extreme unlikely circumstance like being struck by a full jolt of lightning or something. But even then you would think a civilization capable of FTL or blink-drive technology would know enough about lightning strikes when flying around a planet's soupy atmosphere. Heck, you would think they would have a technological solution for preventing lightning strikes in the first place.

They probably are so advance they would never travel through our atmosphere to begin with.

edit on 4-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well the simple answer is, look at the US development of aircraft. Highly advanced , yet still crash. As I said before what evidence is there that gives the idea that these craft are extra terrestrial. If some abduction stories are to believed the "ETs" have told their abducted that they come from Zeta Reticuli, Venus, Mars etc. which we know those planets are not inhabitable. So if you believe the ET hypothesis they are downright liars. The ETs not the abducted.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Because the Craft are simply another technology that is trying to copy-cat nature...which is how you know a SENTIENT source built them....only SENTIENT SOURCES build technology to replicate nature when and where they wish to overcome their own mortalitys natural curve...….

Yes they can crash...they operate within an artificially produced and managed Neutral-Dimension field....which makes them impervious to being damaged in our dimensions.....however the Craft are flimsy they do not need to be any more than light aluminum type craft....and when the N-D field is not in place they are what they really are within our dimension and can be crushed like an eggshell....you CAN as David Hamel taught us build massive gigantic many miles long craft out of pieces of granite which operate the same way....except then the field fails you are buried within a granite mountain protected from many things.Look up the Apollo Mission connected to Mona Lisa the alien Pilot of a massive Granite craft on the moon right now....I am surprised they haven't simply rebuilt that craft because it functions based on now known technology and they should be able to repair it easily.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

While I see your point it is important to remember that mistakes, stupidity and bad luck really has no cure.

If we look at our own history, no matter how advanced we become technologically, we have found no cure for the three factors above.

We make the same kind of mistakes today we did 2000 years ago. We have not matured significantly in 2000 years of technological development. In fact, you could argue that we are less capable in certain areas than we were 2000 years ago as individuals. Due to our specialization, reliance on others and on technology.

I don't think it is possible to engineer your way to a society where individuals do not make stupid choices and accidents can never happen.

We certainly haven't had any success with it as a species.

Not saying there are crashed extraterrestrials but if they ever came here, I do believe they could mess up or have bad luck and, indeed, crash.
edit on 4-7-2019 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Agree 100% on the 1%.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Maybe they weren't that advanced after all, stole or retrieved a crashed spaceship.
Starting to do tests ... And blip they suddenly traveled thousands of lightyears into an unknown star system.

After a while the managed to steer the damn thing and headed to the nearest comparable planet of their own.
With their fancy custom made suits for the occasion to look neat, they entered our atmosphere, but dang gravity is a b..ch here and some weird noises are all around us but nobody seems to understand the weird sounds coming off the craft.

Until somebody mentioned "bingo fuel" .......

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

....you CAN as David Hamel taught us build massive gigantic many miles long craft out of pieces of granite which operate the same way....

Please. Just. Stop. It.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The more complex a machine is, the greater the chance one or more of the components are likely to fail. Your body has a lot of parts, but you'll die if only your heart malfunctions. Space Shuttle. Dumb little o-ring.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I have a granite counter top in my kitchen, Should I be worried about it up and taking flight one day? Taking my stove top and expensive range hood with it? If I am at risk, please let me know. The thought of another kitchen reno scares both me and my wallet.
edit on 4/7/2019 by Badams because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badams

I have a granite counter top in my kitchen, Should I be worried about it up and taking flight one day? Taking my stove top and expensive range hood with it? If I am at risk, please let me know. The thought of another kitchen reno scares both me and my wallet.

Not unless it shaped like this piece of Granite.www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan

It’s going to take some pretty definitive and non-debatable evidence to convince me of ET existence.

So in your view what constitutes "definitive and non-debatable evidence"?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is the reason no one will ever agree on what constitutes valid evidence...."100% of People who drink Water...die.".....EVIDENCE PROVES that......get it......evidence proves that 100% of People who drink Water die so should you drink Water or should you refuse to drink Water to save your own life.

We have to trust each other over and above empirical evidence.It is that simple...then TPTB are disenfranchised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join