It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Mini AOC’ Leaves Social Media After Leftist “Death Threats and Harassment” [Video]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

My point is that her parents put her in that situation and should take at least half the blame for being so irresponsible with their own child. No one is saying anyone deserves death threats other than you right now.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My point is that her parents put her in that situation and should take at least half the blame for being so irresponsible with their own child. No one is saying anyone deserves death threats other than you right now.

So check this out!

My neighbor has an 8 year old

They posted videos of her in Steelers gear making fun of the Baltimore ravens!

Like, that kid totally didn’t come up with hating the ravens herself !

And they totally put the video in YouTube for clicks!

So if threats come, it’s the parents fault for using their daughter for rivalry purposes. They're irresponsible, the kids was only following their directions

edit on 4-7-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

If you're comparing sports rivalries (which are mostly in good fun) to political parties then I don't know what to say. We both know that politics are a far more toxic environment than sports so you are comparing apples to oranges. Her parents were irresponsible for putting their child on a stage to be gawked at, especially so publicly as on the internet.

If you choose to defend irresponsible parenting then go for it.

edit on 7/4/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you're comparing sports rivalries (which are mostly in good fun) to political parties then don't know what to say. We both know that politics are a far more toxic environment than politics so you are comparing apples to oranges.

Oh really?

You don’t think there are nuts that will threaten people over sports?

A girl having fun, not being vulgar, not being offensive; just poking fun of a politician, even if her parents are helping is just as fine as doing that about a sports team

If your argument is aoc fans are so more nuts than professional sports teams fans that you have to make sure your kids don’t mock her or it’s expected your kid will receive threats

Then I think the problem is with aoc fans and not the kid or her family

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why is there even a debate?

If you are so effing insecure with your political idols that you have to threaten to kill an 8 year old girl, then you are messed up.

You're an authoritarian douche.

Placing blame on the parents, obfuscating the real issue (that people got so butthurt over satire) is just as pathetic as a grown adult wanting to kill a little girl because she teased you.

So those of you that are justifying threats of death because of the parents are no better than the ones threatening death.

In my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Guy making excuses for why masked white people need to beat gay Asian journalists in the name of fighting racism and fascism:

I have the hottest woke take in victim shaming people who dare say things that hurt the lefts feelings

Guy saying 8 year olds parents to blame for death threats 8 year old gets from fans of left wing politician:

hold my beer

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It's nuts!

If it's not gay Asian reporters, then it's little girls.

The authoritarians sure know how to target their enemies.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Show me the death threats. All I've seen so far are claims of threats with no actual proof. I wouldn't be surprised if they were threatened but I'd like proof. Regardless, her parents throwing her into a blatantly toxic environment like politics, they should have known and were irresponsible for still doing it despite what should have been an obvious no-go.

Would you throw your kid in the middle of traffic and then expect them to not be hit?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
See my initial post

Aoc, her, kristy Blaise Ford, trump jr, Ilhan I mar, Ted Cruz, Ben Shapiro, Kathy griffin, don lemon

And on and on and on

Have all claimed to have received death threats

I assume most do get threats, but can’t prove whether any do or don’t

I take the same stance on all of them, say if the threats are real it’s despicable, and don’t blame any of them or their parents if they are receiving threats

You made your claim blaming parents if the girl received threats

That means you are blaming the victims family (victims themselves) if it’s true they received threats

That means your comments are disgusting regardless if they received threats or not

I bet if your family received threats you wouldn’t say “hey the internet brings out terrible people, it’s my fault for putting myself out there on message boards”

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Allowing my kid to have fun at n the internet making harmless jokes is not throwing them in traffic

Would you tell your kid they can’t say anything in public ever about a politician because they deserve death threats if they do?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The threats are deleted, sealed and confiscated and under investigation by the authorities 😎

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

when AOC shows her death threats the little girl will.

what is more likely, the little girl got death threats or she just "doesn't wanna" anymore?

if she didn't want to I'm fairly certain she would say so.

with all the misinformation AOC has shown in the past few weeks, I would believe the little girl over her.

It's kinda bad when a pastor is calling you out for misinformation, and your a public official.

I'm sure that some on the left will call the hispanic pastor a "right winger".

it's like trying to explain why antifa is violent, no one has explained that yet.

ETA: I have to agree with you on a point, your parents did not have smart children, and obviously neither do you,

other people have and do.
edit on 4-7-2019 by thedigirati because: because children are products of Genetics

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Parents using their kids for their own selfish purposes and irresponsibly throwing them into such a toxic environment is bad parenting. Defend bad parenting all you want but you don't see me defending those making the threats now do you?

Her parents knew the risks, they ignored them though for their own selfish reasons because they're bad parents. A lot of those (bad parents) these days, using their kids for internet fame. THAT is what is disgusting, bringing a child into the world then turning around and attaching strings to them and making them dance in front of a camera. Pretty selfish if you ask me.

Keep defending that sort of irresponsible parenting, no skin off my back.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Who is saying anything about anyone deserving death threats? What are you talking about, seriously? Why are you continuing with that line of reasoning when I've already shut it down several times throughout this thread already? No one is condoning death threats, not sure what's hard to understand about that.

I know you REALLY want me to say I condone death threats but it just isn't true. Not even close, so please stop insisting that that's what I'm doing. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Keep victim blaming kids just having fun

I saw a lot of people on Facebook posting pictures of their kids today wearing red white and blue

Don’t they know the flag is racist to some people?

I saw videos of some kids singing the national anthem!

Don’t they know how offensive that can be to illegal immigrants?

What horrible parents! They are JUST as bad as people making death threats to children

Hahahahaha

Honestly this may be the dumbest thing I have heard in ats in quite sometime

Blaming an 8 year old and her parents for getting death threats cause they should know aoc fans are so insane

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

You said the parents are EQUALLY as bad as people threatening to kill children

How much more of a victim shamed can you be?
edit on 4-7-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Who's blaming the kid? Where have I blamed the kid anywhere in this thread? Please point it out because it would blow my mind if you actually found me saying that. Bad parenting is bad parenting. The political arena is not somewhere you throw your underage child into, if you think so then you are probably an irresponsible parent.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I said equally to blame, not that they are better or worse than anyone else. Death threats are far worse than dressing your kid up on camera but if they expected sunshine and rainbows then they are naive as hell. There's nothing sunshine and rainbows about politics. You and I both know that.

Question: would you throw your 8 year old online for political hacks to gawk at? If not then what is your reasoning behind not doing it?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

So political satire is now bad parenting.

Why don't you and AOC call DCFS and get the parents taken away for mocking her.

Maybe a re-education camp somewhere.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who said any of that?

Oh, never mind, you're just putting words in other people's mouths. Again.

Carry on.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join