It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Mini AOC’ Leaves Social Media After Leftist “Death Threats and Harassment” [Video]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Freedom of speech is often stated to be a big thing in America. Yeah, depending on what is said.

Lots of people in the US are pretty screwed up. But once you can accept that it becomes easier to understand all of this mess.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

But we cannot ignore the fact that this was not just a case of being defensive about a child's online practice but rather promoting a child's offensive online practice.

Explain to me what this girl did that was “offensive”?

Picking on a democrat is now considered offensive?

Unreal
edit on 4-7-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Anyone see where I am going here? Anyone? For the safety of their child who they have used for political satire they are taking down the stuff they put up .... Anyone?

No fcking way. Wait! Was that one of those legendary coherent thoughts I've heard so much about?

Maybe some shiny new legislation could help to forget how staged this whole thing looks? Anyhow. Can we at least say Antifa is a terror organization?

C'mon!

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Picking on a democrat is now considered offensive?

It looks as though a Congress person wants to make it a law. So yeah, it is to some. I hope some day in the future we have adults running the country again. Not counting on it though.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Not 'offensive'' distastful'' Grambler. Rather as I had already referenced being ''defensive'' in that post, this was meant as being the opposite, as in a football defense and offense.

I like satire, no, I love it. Had this been done by an adult I would have had no problem with it. But it was not an adult but a little girl that was used by her parents to aggressively promote their own political persuasion.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Maybe some shiny new legislation could help to forget how staged this whole thing looks? Anyhow. Can we at least say Antifa is a terror organization?

Let's toss in an Obama or two as well to round out the hand. But even that's not needed here as the salivary glands seem to have been on full throttle with out it.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

How about no more child stars then, or in commercials, let's just ban children in entertainment period. The left and right, media, movies, etc, children play roles.

No this is victim blaming pure and simple. There's nothing wrong here, the child wasn't sexually exploited or anything, she probably had a blast doing these things with her parents.

You blame the parents for getting the child involved in this "hostile" atmosphere, but the problem is that the atmosphere is hostile, not the parents. There shouldn't be people threatening the murder of a small child and her parents over silly #ing political satire. Tht's the problem here, it's the only problem here. A child and her parents having fun making silly satirical pieces is not, it's people willing to threaten and murder a small child and her family that is. There is no shades of grey here to argue, in this case it really is simple black or white.

It should be #ing terrifying that this kind of thing happens, we should be furious as a society, and especially as a free society that is founded upon being free to make political statements without fear in the form of freedom of speech. Anyone who thinks anything other than the people threatening murder and death on the child and her family is wrong is against the very ideals upon which this country is founded.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I just don't believe any of this.

An eight year old having the political savy to do an impersonation of a controversial political figure all by herself
More likely the whole bit was inspired by her parents.

By that standard you must believe this boy knew how to dress up like a girl without his parents help and it was his choice alone. He understood how to change his appearance without any input . You must have also condemned National Geographic and every progressive that thought him a hero .

Thank you .

Because that kind of rationalization put’s to bed the issues of choice of bathrooms, locker rooms and participation in school sports .

edit on 4-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I pay little to no attention to AOC. What I do is only in rersponse to ATS posters. So anything possitive said about here almost always passes by my attention span.

I don't like it when parents put their little girls in makeup and skimpy clothes and have them parade around on a stage doing sexy dances. I don't like it when parents on the left exploit their own children for what they see as politically moral ends.
I don't like it when we see little children at protests being interviewed by media and parroting their parents political stances either for or against some politician or political point.

Sure, let's make fun of our leaders on the left. Done by an adult is one thing, being done by adults through their children is quite another.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yes, sexploitation of children is disgusting, this is not that.

We can't just hide children away their whole lives. # at least this child's parents spend time with them and includes them in their lives... more than most parents do these days.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

A child and her parents having fun making silly satirical pieces is not, it's people willing to threaten and murder a small child and her family that is.

Yes, the little girl was having fun I guess. Likely. But assuming that her parents were ''just having fun'' is a bit simple if you ask me. Was there profit to be made from these videos? I don't know but maybe their was. Could this little girl have gone onto some Fox news program to do her bit for a fee? Could she have gone on to ''act'' for conservative gatherings for a fee? Who knows not me, but I do not rule it out.

And still, even as I can see your point and accept it to a degree as it stands it still does not provide me with the key to really understanding the reality of this whole event. Where are the replies and threats that we are being told exist that caused the end of all their happy satire? All we seem to have there is the parents words for their existence, parents you seem to see as just having fun with their daughter but I see as quite possibly using their daughter's innocence to promote their own political activism.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Granted. But still, ''where are the threats'' that have caused this ruckus. I tend to slip from side to side in these ''left/right'' issues. Parents and children doing things together is fine by me. In this case had there been no problem of pushback, it could have been just the ''fun'' thing the family does together. That would be grand. But now we have the reported threats and that changes things for me. It gives rise to the question are the parents all that innocent as your position makes them to be or could there be more of a manipulative aspect to it all. This is why I am asking to see those ''threats'', but as of now they do not seem to be forthcoming . So for now I have to hold to the inconclusive possibility of either point being true.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I guess the lesson is we can’t make fun of our leaders in the left

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I really dont understand why its so blasphemous and heretical to condemn "bad actors" on our own side.

I saw it start years ago. I always thought it best that we call out our own "side," for what I feel are obvious reasons (and maybe some not-so-obvious ones).

Thats completely unacceptable now, and results in excommunication. Combined with the slow boil escalation, and subsequent acceptance/defense, its a recipe for absolute disaster.

I must wonder if those defending it, blatantly or otherwise, truly understand where this is inevitably going. I know plenty are simply enjoying the chaos and want to watch the world burn, but I have to imagine there are also plenty who are the epitome of "the path to hell is paved with good intentions."

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I know plenty are simply enjoying the chaos and want to watch the world burn,

OH yeah. There are those and at least a few of them port here both left and right. I don't know if it is just that they do not understand the ramifications of short sightedness or just plain anarchy.

As for F. Wilson, I find here to be a reactionary. I don't like reactionaries. And what's with that hat. Does she wear it constantly?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

No this is victim blaming pure and simple.

That's precisely what it is. It's the same argument as saying girls who dress provocatively should've known better. The parents should have known that people are violent thugs on social media so shouldn't have exposed their daughter to that? That's the same logic as telling women they should know there's rapists out there so don't entice them. Same thing. There's no other way to spin it.

People in this thread rationalizing this make me sick. Trump really has driven you people certifiably insane.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

There's no other way to spin it.

That, or we don't buy into this story of a Mini AOC persona, which a kid allegedly made up on it's own, and ask for actual evidence of said threats first. The humor is childish enough though, don't get me wrong here.

However. Victim shaming only works when there actually is a victim. Well. One could say that some partisan hack screaming wolf, whilst staring at the shadows on his Platonic wall, clearly is a victim of something... but. Yeah. No. This is not how victim shaming usually works, or is it?

Walls and shadows really could be a thing. Oh. Wait!

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

There's no other way to spin it.

That, or we don't buy into this story of a Mini AOC persona, which a kid allegedly made up on it's own, and ask for actual evidence of said threats first. The humor is childish enough though, don't get me wrong here.

However. Victim shaming only works when there actually is a victim. Well. One could say that some partisan hack screaming wolf, whilst staring at the shadows on his Platonic wall, clearly is a victim of something... but. Yeah. No. This is not how victim shaming usually works, or is it?

Nice of you to marginalize death threats against a child. She is a victim of that, but you don't see that because you hate her parents. I must have missed you in the threads about Rashida Tlaib demanding she show proof of her death threats before you had any sympathy for her.

You should seek psychiatric help. You've got 5 and a half more years of this to endure. If you don't care about death threats against a child after only 2 and a half years, you're gonna be homicidal by the time this is over.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuireBut back to these death threats and dark tweets. Has anyone seen them?

anyone?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If I'm a shill then whoever is paying me is wasting their money. Lol. The only shills you'll find around here are the right wing variety, they're the ones who would be earning their money.

Show me the death threats and who they're from and maybe I'll take your post seriously, otherwise I could easily assume it is a bunch of right wing provocateurs riling up the usual crowd.
edit on 7/4/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

*crickets*

But... but... but... don't you dare to marginalize those death threats we didn't see, but which still could be there. Somewhere. This is a Schrödinger Cat of a death threat, literally.

However. Walls? Anyone? I've got a new load of fresh walls for your own shadows in case you want some.

*PM me!*

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join