It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Mini AOC’ Leaves Social Media After Leftist “Death Threats and Harassment” [Video]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I would conclude that the whole social media and the kneejerk reactions from people who don't do their research would be a valid conclusion for finding the cause of the problem.

You conclude that the democrats shouldn't get votes.

Color me surprised...

Happy 4th by the way

Peace
edit on 4-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I do my research just fine

I would contend people that blame victims when they are beat by mobs are to blame

Seeing as how you blamed Ngo for being beat by Antifa,

Would you like to tell us how this little girl should have known better and had it coming for picking on aoc?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hopefully no one is actually surprised by this. Being in Congress is serious level stuff.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Ahhh...good Time.

No I wasn't saying anything about your research. I was actually on your camp for once talking about the people condemning stuff.

I was talking about that Covington case where people flooded social media with threats without doing their research.

You could say that was a social media kneejerk reaction but you concluded it was the entire democrat demographic.

Are we going to do thread hopping now? Why not skip a few jump and blame me of condoning the rape of women.

I only made two replies in this thread so it should be pretty easy to go over them and point out where I was blaming this girl.

Love you baby!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Thanks for the love

Look I’ll only say this once to not derail

I enjoy the posts where people disagree with me more than any other

I may find your stance terrible on the Ngo thread, but it was a worthwhile discussion

You may think I am a tube falling for hype in being concerned about these stories, and I may think you are victim shaming

But at least we both like the British baking show

Happy 4th

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Happy to agree that we disagree..

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What's just as bad is parents using their children as political bait and/or political statements when their children have no clue what the meaning behind their actions is.

No it's really not. A joke, which is all this is, is not as bad as sending death threats to a child. Not even close. If you really think this you are one sick cookie.

It's amazing what leftists will do to try to rationalize this kind of #. "I mean, yeah, threatening death to a child is bad but can you believe these evil parents having a sense of humor? Same level!"

Were you ever in the middle or have you always been this big of a shill for violent leftists?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
One of my countless problems with the left and MSM is instantly blaming the parents for putting her up to it.

AOC such a fool how does anyone know Ava didn’t form her own opinion then look for guidance expressing it .

Progressives champion the cause of gender identification in children as young as five.

Apparently kids that age are smart enough to choose their sex but not political views.

edit on 4-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Thats really too bad.. She is adorable and does a better impression than Ive seen on something like SNL in years.

No surprise, of course. This is what happens when you create a religion out of emotional and social blackmail. Especially one where the consequences are institutionalized, and reality is defined by Twitter.

Hell, even those that oppose this new social group give them power by interacting with them even on sites like ATS. Its tough not to do so, but it comes at the expense of a distinct lack of conversations with folks who, at a minimum, live in tangentially connected realities.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
One of my countless problems with the left and MSM is instantly blaming the parents for putting her up to it.

AOC such a fool how does anyone know Ava didn’t form her own opinion then look for guidance expressing it .

Progressives champion the cause of gender identification in children as young as five.

Apparently kids that age are smart enough to choose their sex but not political views.

Yeah but then we'll get a journalist tweeting about how their 4-year-old asked them some nuanced question about racism in Trump's America and we're supposed to take it serious. The only thing these leftists are consistent on is their inconsistency.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Would you like to tell us how this little girl should have known better

Better parenting?

No. Inconceivable. It's the Land of Maga and Kag after all. Now, where is your mini AdhOC legislation to solve this issue with taking some more of those pesky rights?
It's for the kids, right? I mean... the ones with their own children...

Seeing as how you blamed Ngo for being beat by Antifa,

It's a terror organization and the Proud Boys are free speech advocates. Right? Right? ... Right?

So... our omnipresent blob of partisan hacks with textbook replies didn't achieve a consciousness as of yet? Color me not so surprised, good personnel is hard to find. Btw, how high is that paycheck?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It’s funny you accuse me several times of getting paid for my opinions

I wish I did

Meanwhile, at least I can string a coherent thought together

Keep trying through! Someday you will say something that makes sense! I’m rooting for you!

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just don't believe any of this.

An eight year old having the political savy to do an impersonation of a controversial political figure all by herself
More likely the whole bit was inspired by her parents. I think this is an agreeable point.

Likewise there are another set of parents with a young daughter doing the same thing, satirizing the Muslim woman from Minnisota.

This is exploitation pure and simple.

But back to these death threats and dark tweets. Has anyone seen them? I looked and could not find them. I found plenty of conservative web sites that are retelling this story over and over. Fox seems to have run with it but all in all all any of them do is to repeat the same stuff . Even Newsweek had a bit on it and that was all just about the same.

So, what we do have is a parent who coaches their child on political issues putting up their child on you tube for fun and profit. Then, the same ideologue parents claim,,,, the key word here being ''CLAIM'' that there are death threats and dark replies on their home phone....

Anyone see where I am going here? Anyone? For the safety of their child who they have used for political satire they are taking down the stuff they put up .... Anyone?

Where are the threats??? If there were threats in the first place then why have the parents not published them or made them available for people to read for themselves. Where.

If anyone can find those for me I might have a little more sympathy for this family but until then all I see is people pushing a political agenda with no proof at all other than their own word.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm not left, I'm not right either...according to the political scale in my country I'm smack in the middle (pretty flavorless I know) but what I am is the father of 7 children ranging in the age from 7 to 16...

My 8 year old is not allowed to post on twitter or any other social media. She can watch youtube but only the channels I allow and with supervision. From age 10 I start getting them ready for social media by giving them a phone and giving them access to small local groups of children from school to chat with.

From age 12/13 I get them ready for the big stuff but still have filters on my router to block certain content and try to guide them as best as I can.

Currently cyber- bullying is a theme we are working on and how some people really don't mean the things they say but only say them because the can hide behind their anonymity.

To each their own but if the parents allow an 8 year to be exposed to the underbelly of society they should also take the responsibility to shield their kid from it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
That things have gotten to the point where this kind of thing can even be a back and forth discussion disgusts me. Threatening the murder of a child and her family for a joke is not something that should be worthy of discussion. How is this not getting simply across the board derision? Sickening. It's disgusting, it's wrong, and whether left or right, it should be a one sided discussion of what refuse these monsters are. I'm horrified that so many on the left would rather argue the point, than simply call the monsters out and show some level of common decency. Every time I consider moving back left because many of the ideal are more my thing, # like this reminds how #ing bonkers and vicious the left has become.

This isn't a topic that should be argued and discussed, has everyone gone so #ing partisan, that nothing their side does can be deserved of nothing but scorn, and needs to either be defended, or be be a "yeah but?"

My god people, throw the #ing refuse out and to the curb, don't defend them just because they're on your side. When a cancer grows within your midst, don't #ing embrace it, cut the # out of your body dammit!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If an 8 year old girl was against the 2nd Amendment, she'd have her own spot on CNN and would be taken seriously.

Just look at all the support from the left on the young boy that was doing transgendered strip shows or some such rubbish!

Look at the spotlight given to the kids at the Florida school after that tragic shooting!

But because one girl mocked a communist congressman?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

If the left was anymore ‘hypocritical’ it would be in traction .

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

In the very least parents should protect their children as you so ably point out. In the case of this young girl, this protection could be written off to negligence and pour parenting. But we cannot ignore the fact that this was not just a case of being defensive about a child's online practice but rather promoting a child's offensive online practice.

As found in numerous replies in this thread, the claim of ''blaming the victim'' have been raised. I would agree with this but for one simple thing. Those parents thrust their child out into that environment and now have no right to play the ''victim card'' to increase the hatred of the ''left'' that this whole bit seems to be about.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It was the parents fault for using their daughter for political purposes. They're irresponsible, the kids was only following their directions.

How do you know that? There are some rather savvy youngsters out there who speak their own mind.

But then the liberals are professional at it using the real Media and Hollywood.

BTW it is also funny...
edit on 4-7-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Come on!

It’s comedy!

“Parents shouldn’t allow their kids to make political jokes, else they ought to expect death threats”

What a joke!

Remember, the adult parody account of aoc got banned from twitter

I guess the lesson is we can’t make fun of our leaders in the left

As far as the threats perhaps being fake; maybe

Did you same the same thing every time someone in the left gets threats?

Were you making posts on ats when aoc said she received threats saying she might be lying?

I believe it probably likely this girl, and aoc, and just about every commentator and politician gets threats, so I believe both aoc and this girl

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join