It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Mini AOC’ Leaves Social Media After Leftist “Death Threats and Harassment” [Video]

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What argument? Your argument that child exploitation isn't so bad? Because that has been my argument this whole time. Read my first reply in this thread for proof. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

The parents are partially to blame. Sorry for misspeaking. They are the ones who paraded her on a public stage and opened her up to threats in the first place. Irresponsible and dangerous.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What argument? Your argument that child exploitation isn't so bad? Because that has been my argument this whole time. Read my first reply in this thread for proof. Thanks.

I outlined all of your statements that you will not back up

So you default to a dumb comment

And you pretend to be someone concerned with truth?

What if I argued lie you

“Well I’m against blaming rape victims and you are for it!”

Real mature huh?

Stop being so pathetic, admit you said a bunch of garbage you can’t back up, and move on with your credibility renewed

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I misspoke, my point is that the parents aren't 100% innocent because they were exploiting their child for political purposes. Do you agree with child exploitation? I would think not, so what are you arguing against?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

The parents are partially to blame. Sorry for misspeaking. They are the ones who paraded her on a public stage and opened her up to threats in the first place. Irresponsible and dangerous.

Hooray!

Though I have to say, normally a misspeak is t defended for 3 hours on post after post

But hey good first step admitting you were wrong

Now how about showing proof of a kid using satire politically that got death threats, or of death threats in politics in general that the internet is famous for

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I missed your post at the top of the last page otherwise i would have known what your issue was. You spent two pages accusing me of victim blaming when the only thing I was blaming them for was for exploiting their daughter for political purposes which is what put her in the line of fire to begin with. Obviously that is exactly what happened. If they weren't exploiting their daughter they wouldn't have received the threats. And to clarify, that does not mean I am justifying the death threats.
edit on 7/5/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I misspoke, my point is that the parents aren't 100% innocent because they were exploiting their child for political purposes. Do you agree with child exploitation? I would think not, so what are you arguing against?

Again I find the “misspoke “ claim suspect

It wasn’t like you said it and then when it was pointed out to you immediately corrected it

But fair enough, moving on

The don’t think it is as cut and dry as exploiting the child for political purposes

I think one the kid was having fun, and two it wasn’t harsh political commentary. It was harmless fun. If they have the kid in a serious way trying to make political arguments, that would be much worse

But it’s a kid satiating a famous person she kind of looks like. Had it been Taylor Swift, would it have been a problem? I don’t think so. Because the parody was not about issues and more about poking fun at the person, I don’t think it was that bad

If a kid does a mini trump impression I think it could be hilarious and isn’t political exploiting

Now I do think there should have been some conversations at least among the parents in what game (albeit slight) online could lead to, such as stalking, threats etc

That wouldn’t have been a reason to not let her do it, but it should have been thought about

Also, if it turns out they forced this girl in anyway to do this against her will, it’s bad

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The fault lies ONE HUNDRED PERCENT with the weak, gutless leftists who threatened to murder a child and her family

NOBODY else is to blame

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And not to harp on it, but it’s sticking in my craw

I commented in 12 separate posts my disgust with you saying the parents were EQUALLY to blame, many of which you directly responded to

I capitalized EQUALLY every single time

One time, you actually responded back to me admitting you said they were equally to blame

So for you to say you missed one post of mind a didn’t notice is a lie

How can we have a good faith discussion if you are willing to lie about something so obvious and trivial?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

My point went over your head to begin with, you started accusing me of victim blaming pretty much right off the bat so of course I'm going to get defensive. My point has ALWAYS been that the parents are "just as guilty" as in "guilty is guilty". It says nothing of the severity in the context I am using it. They should have never put their child in that position to begin with. They should have never dressed their kid up and flaunted her on social media, have they ignored all the warning signs saying that's a terrible idea?

No justification for the death threats at all, they come from terrible, insecure and/or paid people with no integrity.

Equally guilty regardless of the severity, a.k.a. "guilty is guilty". That was my meaning.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

So absolutely no blame on the parents who put her in that situation to begin with? I guess they were oblivious to the volatility of politics? They were naive if they thought it was a good idea to make their daughter a political tool.

They can do it all they want, doesn't make it right though in my opinion. You have your opinions and i have mine. It's wrong to exploit your kids, especially politically. That's my belief, take it or leave it.

Lock those who made the death threats up, they deserve it.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

FFS Can you not just copy this post so you have it for any future post you make. You’re like listening to a record skip over and over. I think we got your position on the matter pages ago.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I wouldn't have to repeat myself if what I said wasn't twisted to mean something completely different over and over again. Obviously something isn't clicking with what I'm saying because I keep getting misinterpreted.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Where are you? Oh, that's right, on ATS bitching about her.
She must be doing something right if you know her but she doesn't know you. You're the one obsessing over her, not the other way around.

I don't like her any more than you but to say she is stupid is naive. She wouldn't be in her current position if she were stupid.

Its pretty well known that she was a manufactured candidate, auditioned for the job because her brother signed her up. She won the audition because she would do what her handlers wanted her to do. And had the right demographic profile they were looking for. LOL probably hundreds in her district that could fill that bill, regardless of your position her nativity about Amazon tax cuts speaks volumes about her intelligence.

But more important your argument is getting damn close to how an assault victim gets blamed for how they were dressed. Yes, poor judgment on the parents but for the girl to get death threats? and I feel the same about any threats to AOC, its absolutely crazy and has no place in a civilized world. Like I said social media has brought out the worst in us especially in the political spectrum, everybody has an overblown sense of importance when none of this hyperbole matters because most have their minds made up and it's not changing any opinions.

I say this for myself because even though I lean right I am not totally right on all issues, just don't see the world in just one of two ways. Until we quit your wrong arguing, we are never going become as unified as a nation as we need to be, sometimes I think the division is what the TPTB want and I damn sure know its what our enemies want.
edit on 5-7-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

We're talking about some morons exploiting their own blood for cheap giggles. There are no death threats, otherwise someone would have posted them by now. You've been played like a fcking twiddle the whole time.

Until we quit your wrong arguing, we are never going become as unified as a nation as we need to be, sometimes I think the division is what the TPTB want and I damn sure know its what our enemies want.

Try a mirror to see what your enemies want.

You wanna shut up critics for the unified glory of your nation? Over what, non-existent death threats that may or may not be in some twatter feed? And you believe division is the problem? What if you pose the division with nothing less than utter ignorance for valid, but allegedly wrong, arguments from a fellow ATSer?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It's not the parents responsibility or anyone elses responsibility to provide your nobody ass with examples of the death threats to them or their child. Such can be humiliating or personal. If they are pursuing any legal issues they will do so with the authorities. No one has a right to the personal lives and effects of anyone else. Yeah they put themselves out there, but they have since shut down shop, closed the website, and said "just leave us alone." They clearly have realized the mistakes that come with the public eye and are trying to get out of it. Your response to them clearly trying to shut themselves away? To demand that they show nobody scrubs like you the threats when they're clearly trying to get away from the public is absurd.

Your demands are the very kinds of abuse they're trying to get away from. Shoot according to them some of the threats involve calling their personal phone number, and other personal affects, you want to see those too? Should they give you their adress, let you listen to their voicemails too? I wasn't aware we the public are the authorities, did a judge give your ass a warrent?

If a person wants to get away from the internet because the abuse is too much, you expect them to continue to interract with it and give it more of their personal lives?

Gotta love the entitlement of social media. If they haven't provided your entitled ass with direct proof, it defaults to their lying. Without evidence, even if it's just a phantom threat, you all look like assholes assuming the parents are lying and not even being willing to call the disgusting behavior they claim to be receiving what it is, disgusting. Even if it's not true, at least you can be known for calling disgusting behavior disgusting, and then having the right to feel betrayed and point out the disgusting behavior of the family. As is, if it turns out the family is telling the truth, you've simply been disgusting animals twice.

Benefit of the doubt is your friend, give it when you can, cause as is, you're accusing a potentially traumatized family of lying without proof, and demanding they bow to your whims with personally traumatizing information like you're some kind of authority deserving of even a second glance. If you give the benefit of the doubt and they turn out to be liars, shame on them, but if you don't and they are telling the truth, shame on you.

Instead of being against death threats to children and their family and making your side look better by being intolerant of such behavior, even by your side, who could if the proof comes out the family is lying, calling them out on it and demonstrate the dishonesty of the other side, you have chosen the path of accusing a potentially traumatized family of lying just to have the potential of an I told you so moment, and to defend your side, even if there's a possibility you're wrong and in doing so, make your side look infinitely worse than had you simply chose the first option.
edit on 7/5/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

We're talking about some morons exploiting their own blood for cheap giggles. There are no death threats, otherwise someone would have posted them by now. You've been played like a fcking twiddle the whole time.

Until we quit your wrong arguing, we are never going become as unified as a nation as we need to be, sometimes I think the division is what the TPTB want and I damn sure know its what our enemies want.

Try a mirror to see what your enemies want.

You wanna shut up critics for the unified glory of your nation? Over what, non-existent death threats that may or may not be in some twatter feed? And you believe division is the problem? What if you pose the division with nothing less than utter ignorance for valid, but allegedly wrong, arguments from a fellow ATSer?

Over-dramatize much?

is exactly what I was saying about everybody feeling all important and my thoughts mean more than anybody else.
LOL here you are getting all upset about this and it's on a message board LOL.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Boy, I seldom do this, but I'm sure glad I skipped from page 1 to page 13 (and then scrolled backwards from there)!! I got to about page 12 and said..."Whew! I dodged a bullet on this one!"

Here's the bottom line...Any adult making death threats to an 8 year old girl needs to be arrested, tried and JAILED! Period. I don't care the reason, it matters not. Just JAILED. Period.

Secondarily (not primarily, but secondarily) if Mini-AOC dreamed this whole gag up herself that's one thing, but judging from the production and choreography I suspect there were more people involved than just Mini-AOC. And, I equally suspect those people may well have been her parents in some capacity, or some other adult who should have known better. Maybe next time they'll think twice about trying to enhance their U-toob views and social media popularity by using an 8 year old child's face and instead use their own mug to be the front of their political satire. For their part, they deserve a solid bitch slap!

ETA - The kid probably has no idea who AOC even is, what she stands for or anything else about her. All she likely knows is, people were liking her videos and she felt like an 8 year old star all of a sudden. Kids will be kids, and if they think something is working to get them in favor...they'll keep doing it (gladly).
edit on 7/5/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

So you moan and bitch about social media whilst avoiding actual conversations on social media platforms like this one.

And they say this isn't providing amusement, eh?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I cannot give you enough stars Puppylove

I think I love your point of view, this is part of the huge problem in America.

I am guilty of it too at times. You have zeroed in on the issue though.

I try to never ask for private information. However some folks are obtuse for the sake of Obtuseness.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join