It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Mini AOC’ Leaves Social Media After Leftist “Death Threats and Harassment” [Video]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The claim I am arguing against is that the parents are EQUALLY responsible for the death threats as the people issuing them

That’s insane

Now onto your point

Would you tell a woman that she should be allowed to wear a short skirt, but it’s not smart?

And then like other posters would seemingly tell her, she is at fault as much as her rapist?

After all, what good is the short skirt? So it’s only risk to her

The same is true here

Now had the kid been saying offensive vulgar things, so he it

But the kid is having fun, not being offensive.

So the lesson we teach the kid is what

“You must live in fear of the nuts. Never say anything that could offend anyone”

I reject that

I think a child should be able to do harmless satire about anyone, and we shouldn’t blame her parents if she is attacked

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

My argument was and always has been that the parents of this girl dressing her up and flaunting her in front of a camera for political clout is irresponsible. You have been misunderstanding my point this whole time. I haven't changed my argument at all.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

It was a Facebook post.

Facebook.

How many billions of people post their kids doing funny things on Facebook?

So now, because of death threats, people are going to be afraid to satirize AOC or any leftist.

If I were a leftist, I'd be popping the champagne!

Problem solved!

Now no one can criticize!

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My argument was and always has been that the parents of this girl dressing her up and flaunting her in front of a camera for political clout is irresponsible. You have been misunderstanding my point this whole time. I haven't changed my argument at all.

Your argument is that this kid shouldn’t have been allowed to engage in harmless satire because it increased a risk to her, therefore her parents are EQUALLY to blame as those issuing the death threats

You are also jeopardizing your family, just in a smaller way

So if you get doxxed and your family threatened, it will be undeniable that you would not have been doxxed had you not publicly been saying something someone was upset about

You take a chance with your family as well

Your argument is that the risk to your family is acceptable, because the benefit of your political discussion outweighs the very small risk

You think this girls family is EQUALLY Ryan’s the people issuing death threats because the risk is higher

I say if you are to point fingers at parents for jeopdizing their kids, you better be damn sure you aren’t doing anything to even microscopically jeopardize your own

Else you will have to accept if people blame you if your family is threatened

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

dunno DB don't have facebook lol.. for realz

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I thought the picture was disgusting and stupid.

The aim of political propaganda is to get certain tribes fighting each other, the Kathy Griffin fiasco was a huge step in the psyop. It fostered the ongoing victim complex we are continuing to see to this day, this thread being yet another example of the complex.

I have no love for Griffin, if anything that picture made me like her even less.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Look at how this crowd is justifying bowing down to violence and pressure

So now let’s say some neo Nazis come out tomorrow and say

“We will dox anyone online who complains about Nazis, and when we find out who they are we will beat their children”

Well there you go!

Now your a bad parent if you criticize Nazis!

Of course they would say “that’s dumb, it’s important to be able to criticize Nazis, it’s not my fault if they are evil and attack my family”

Well, I feel the same way about the necessity to criticize and mock politicians of all sides

I will not blame the family of a kid for extremists leftists who threaten their child for harmless satire

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

you are a smart guy/gal, get out go camping for the weekend.. what I'm going to do.. I try not to get too tangles up in the madness..

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

So tell me, would you feed your kid a dish that has gotten several people sick? If you are aware of the danger then why in the hell would you still feed your kid the dish?

The parents were irresponsible for putting their child out there as political bait. You know it and so do I. You can twist it any way you like, doesn't change the fact that the parents should have known what they were getting their daughter into. If not then they are clueless.
edit on 7/4/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Neither will I.

To justify this so others will not criticize or use satire though, it's what they want.

Self censorship.

It's for the children.

Think of the children!

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

so you are saying politics in general are sick? I am on board with that!

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So tell me, would you feed your kid a dish that has gotten several people sick? If you are aware of the danger then why in the hell would you still feed your kid the dish?

The parents were irresponsible for putting their child out there as political bait. You know it and so do I. You can twist it any way you like, doesn't change the fact that the parents are have known what they were getting their daughter into.

Ok so your analogy

By saying feed them a dish that got people sick, you are implying that other kids who had no vulgar political satirizing online received death threats

Show me them

Meanwhile while you dig that up

Your analogy is nonsensical anyways

It’s not one dish

It would be like saying you read a story that some kid got food poisoning eating at a resteraunt

So then your neighbor takes his kid to a resteraunt that is not the same one, and he gets food poisoning

You say”what a bad parent! You know a kid got sick eating at a resteraunt once, so the parents are as much to blame as the people who undercooked the food”

It’s nonsensical

But hey, while we are doing analogies

Tell me how you blame the rape victim the skirt as much as her rapist

I mean we know women who wear short skirts or dress provocatively are often targeted

So would you say it’s her fault as much as the rapists?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think parents should know better..I wouldn't go so far as to assign equal blame..they might just be oblivious to the current state of affairs..unlikely but who knows.

Would you tell a woman that she should be allowed to wear a short skirt, but it’s not smart?

Good question!, If she was hanging around in an area know for bad things happening, I "might" advise against it, an adult that is, a child..you bet!! Right, wrong or indifferent..it's a very f'ed up world we are living in. We have to protect ourselves, and loved one where possible.

And then like other posters would seemingly tell her, she is at fault as much as her rapist?

Of course not!

“You must live in fear of the nuts. Never say anything that could offend anyone” I reject that

I understand your position on that and respect it, but I just wouldn't go there with my 8 year old..me, I'm fair game.

I don't like any of this one bit!, it makes me sad, but it's the sad reality we live.

edit on 4-7-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

If a parent took their child into a bar known for child abductions with a short skirt on, what would you say about their parenting skills? Good, average, bad?

Throwing your young kid into the political arena for political clout is not only stupid but it is dangerous, as evidence by the supposed death threats. Why would a parent put their child in such a situation to begin with? Are they completely oblivious to the political environment we find ourselves in?
edit on 7/4/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Your position is at least reasonable even if we disagree

I would say the woman’s right to an innocent non harmful choice to dress how she wants is important to protect

I would say that the woman should be advised the dangers of the skirt, but we should never EVER remotely place equal blame on her as her rapist

That’s what people on this thread are doing

While you may think the danger of the kid being online would be enough to not allow it, I would disagree

I think the lesson to the kid of not censoring non harmful things due to fear of a mob outweighs the negative

I think that it’s also an incremental march to overprotecting your child, as we can see from a poster on this thread conceding you should never leave your child leave the house

At the very least I am sure we can agree that it’s a judgement call; how much of an online profile should a child have

To claim that a parent who disagrees with you on that judgment is EQUALLY responsible as the person issuing death threats to the kid is one of the dumbest most disgusting opinions I have ever heard

edit on 4-7-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Ok again you are implying the parents knew this would happen

Let’s look at your analogy

So the bar is the internet I assume

The short skirt is political satire

And the abducted kid is kids getting death threats

So show me other kids doing political satire that received death threats

It shouldn’t be hard, your analogies keep making that point.

Meanwhile you ignore my question

If a woman knows other women wearing short skirts have been raped, yet she wears a short skirt and gets raped, is she EQUALLY responsible as her rapist?

I wonder why you are avoiding the question?
edit on 4-7-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

We are not that far apart, I agree with your sentiments for the most part.

I just think the parents could of used better judgement I guess. I think that is probably what most here are trying to express..hard to find the right words sometimes.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

We are not that far apart, I agree with your sentiments for the most part.

I just think the parents could of used better judgement I guess. I think that is probably what most here are trying to express..hard to find the right words sometimes.

Well the right words aren’t the parents are EQUALLY responsible as the people issuing death threats

Look o slip up and say hyperbolic things all the time

Just today I issued an apology on ats because I was taking things too far

It wouldn’t be hard when this is being talked about for several pages to say

“Well what I meant to say was the parents should have been more cautious. But certainly those by far most responsible are those issuing death threats “

Instead they have doubled down

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

It was satire on Facebook.

It wasn't punditry on Politico or Townhall.com.

This is insanity that we're even contemplating, debating this.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Might I also mention that your two comments in this thread you initially had contradict each other

1. The parents are to blame. They should have known it is obvious a kid doing political satire online would get death threats

2. How can we even be sure there were threats? People talk about getting threats a lot but we never see proof

Well if number two is true, then how in the heck were the parents suppose to know it was inevitable the kid would get death threats?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join