It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Rep. Frederica Wilson: It’s time to prosecute people who make fun of members of Congress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: DanDanDat

Congress's approval rating hovers between 17% and 21%. Yet they want taxpayers to give them a significant raise, for the 147 days they spend in D.C. each year.

A Raise? LOL! : www.washingtonexaminer.com...

You know what? The country would become a much better place if congressmen, representatives, the president, vice president, and every other position of leadership didn't come with a pay check, but a responsibility.

Sure is tempting to lead when you get paid for life... Another thing to lead when your agenda isn't monetary but for the best of the country.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

I've been laughing at her ever since I saw er for the first time. What's with the hat? That's some sort of parody of stupid, not a hat! I know hats... I wear a Stetson.

Slightly worn, with a little character, but cared for = a hat man (or woman).

Pristine, perfect = puttin' on airs; a stuffed shirt.

Beat to heck and back (and usually a cheap off-brand) = a bum at heart.

What Fredricka Williams wears = mentally incapacitated.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Oh....evidently freedom of speech does not apply to anyone who is high in government. I thought that was the only place that freedom of speech actually did apply? Freedom of speech actually only applies to talking about those in or working for government from what I have read. The right was granted so government officials did not get out of control and suppress our citizens from challenging improper things they do.

Damn, now I am on another list.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I thought this was a cold open. I expected her to look at the camera and shout:

"Live, From New York, it's Saturday Night!!!!!"

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm sorry but threatening to take away one of our most basic rights because your fee-fees was awwwww hurt is one of the funniest things I've ever seen a politician say. I've been laughing about this for over an hour now.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

She's clearly taking the p1$$ and should be prosecuted by the very thing she wants to prosecute others with.

edit on 3/7/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking right at that 8yr old who makes those AOC video's. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they had her in mind while coming up with this prosecution idea - let's make an example and show them we are not fooling around!

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking right at that 8yr old who makes those AOC video's. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they had her in mind while coming up with this prosecution idea - let's make an example and show them we are not fooling around!

However there's some danger in this. As we should all know, who's going to define what "make fun" means? And who will give the order out once it has been "defined" someone stepped over that line

Things like this tend to change over time, once no one is looking around anymore

You know what i mean, right?
edit on 4-7-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

However there's some danger in this. As we should all know, who's going to define what "make fun" means? And who will give the order out once it has been "defined" someone stepped over that line

Things like this tend to change over time, once no one is looking around anymore

You know what i mean, right?

Oh, I agree that the definition would likely be determined by who is in power and it will be wielded as a weapon, IMO

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Ya.. let's prosecute everybody who makes fun of us, throw them all in jail!! Then we can turn around and complain when there's no money for our salaries, let alone our pet projects because everyone has one or two or more clowns in govt they want to make fun of and they can't earn a paycheck if they are in jail!

That being said, I would say that some of the crap she was reacting to was just as tasteless as holding up a mock severed head and the conservatives blew a cork over that one. And while I thought nunes' cow was quite entertaining, he didn't seem to.

But all in all, politics would be so boring and depressing if we couldn't add a bit of humor, satire, and irony into it. And to be blunt, the joke is on us and grows bigger and bigger with each and every lie they try to feed us, and lies come from both ends of the political spectrum. So don't look for me to try to insulate them from fruits of their labor. They wanted this divided "we can't live in a world that includes them" society, now they can deal with it just like the rest of us have to.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I wonder if she will introduce a Bill intro Congress on this as she is obviously testing the waters by her public statements along with using a sort of reverse psyop on those Americans who are mocking Congressmen and Congresswomen in public and on social media. So what about Cartoons and caricatures used throughout history.

This woman along with the rest of her "problems" in the House are showing their true colors. I will not refer to her as a Congresswoman. She is a manic fascist seeing their numbers dwindle away.

America needs to restore the Democratic Party back to its former state of glory and it starts at the top with removal the man behind the curtain; DNC Chair Tom Perez .

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

So basically she feels she is above her constituents. I think we treat these representatives in DC to soft. They hardly work, get better benefits than the people and do little to nothing to earn it. Maybe its time we took the pacifier away from these babies so in time they might grow some thick skin.

edit on 4-7-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Because you want a reason. Otherwise I wouldnt give you one.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

She sounds exactly like that other pantywaist Devin Nunes who is upset a cow insulted him. Both need to GFTS.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah... SMELLderica Smilson is a big dummy face! Come get me!

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

""Democrat Frederica Wilson Wants to Prosecute Anyone Mocking Members of Congress""

Fascism !!!! 😎

Total Authoritarian Control !!!! 😎

Yes. People that talk like this are very dangerous and conceited. Have their eye on power not the people or their rights.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I will not be intimidated and threatened by a feeble-minded crook whose appearance is that of a rodeo clown as envisioned by the Village People. Not laying down anyway.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If you can't arrest them just make death threats. Congress is serious business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join