It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Is Sending Fines to Illegal Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: tom farnhill
a reply to: xuenchen

oh come on you fine some one who can not pay so you have to send them to prison and then you have to feed them , give them a bed and three meals a day . this is not a punishment .

i have said this time after time , a fine is just another way of raising revenue , if you fine some one for being poor all you are doing is to make them poorer it is ilogical , and it is not just the US it is every where

No silly... you deport them if they do not pay the fines.

Keep up.

If they're illegal immigrants why not just deport them, what's the point of the fine it seems ludicrous .

Deporting illegals would be getting tough on them this is just pointless or should I say gerrymandering.

You do realize that was the plan of the last ICE raids right?

They weren't going to target random people, they were going after those that had been ordered to deport.

Democrats threw a hissy-fit as usual, and even staged photo-ops...but suddenly NOW your on board with enforcing the law?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I'm all for legal immigration, illegal not so much, illegals should be deported.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: strongfp
OK fine them. Then what?

I'm sure that some here will think of some final solution.

Is that you AOC?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I'm all for legal immigration, illegal not so much, illegals should be deported.

Exactly the same as the President, his party and his supporters. All PRO immigration.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: strongfp
Seize assets in the amount of the fine if they can't pay then deport them.

From what I understand these are migrants who came here legally, and are awaiting a court date.

Those who climbed over/under a fence to get into the USA are either hiding somewhere, or are being deported.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Exactly the same as the President, his party and his supporters. All PRO immigration.

Yep exactly, all those people going to the border to legally enter are welcome, even those whom cross miles away from the checkpoints right, good to see we are on the same page.

edit on 4-7-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Yep exactly, all those people going to the border to legally enter are welcome, even those whom cross miles away from the checkpoints right, good to see we are on the same page.

If they cross miles from the checkpoints (sneaking across the border) then they didn’t legally enter.

Just when I thought ......
edit on 4 7 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

What assets? The clothes on their back?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Arent they getting deported anyway?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Trump:
"Damn Dems won't pass my legislation.
I'll hit their illegal buddies with fines accruing @ 500 per day. That'll show 'em"

Dems: "there are no illegals in this country, only those working for us and the GOP, raising our children, mowing lawns, cleaning our toilets. Coz neither of us want to pay minimum wage.

link from above

An alien who ignores a deportation order can be hit with a fine of about $3,000, and that fine can increase by no more than $500 for each day they remain in the U.S.

www.salon.com...

At least 57 U.S. workers were turned away at Trump resorts, as company applied to hire hundreds of foreigners

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   

If they cross miles from the checkpoints (sneaking across the border) then they didn’t legally enter.

You thought what, that you knew the law or what...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   

You thought what, that you knew the law or what...

I thought the law said you have to enter legally. And those who play the asylum game are taking a risk, as most won't be granted asylum. And when they aren't, they have deportation orders. You are aware that THOSE are the one's who Trump is speaking of with his removal, right? Or should the laws be ignored for them?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's not rocket science, you enter (wherever) then you apply for legal asylum , you get accepted depending on your circumstances.
edit on 4-7-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   

$3,000, and that fine can increase by no more than $500 for each day they remain in the U.S. ICE was not able to confirm how many NIFs it’s issued since the recent crackdown.

Clever..

When they're caught and given free transportation home, I hope the fine then goes to the country they're from!
edit on 4/7/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

And your "source" doesn't address the current topic does it.

Actually it does.

The debate over illegal immigration in America most often centers on the unlawful crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border.
President Trump frequently stokes that debate as he did with this tweet in June 2018: "We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country."

But Republican House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy recently claimed there’s another factor — visa overstays — that accounts for half of the people in the country illegally.

"Half of everyone that’s here illegally (in the US) came here legally on a visa and have overstayed their visa," McCarthy, a Republican from Bakersfield, said at a Public Policy Institute of California event in Sacramento on Aug. 15, 2018.
www.politifact.com...

Illegal is Illegal

Speeding is illegal.

Nobody's existence is illegal. There is no such thing as illegal people. People's actions are illegal. Around half of the "illegals", as you say, that are facing fines, are people who overstayed their visas, and probably have jobs or attend school, and are not sitting in detention centers drinking toilet water, waiting for adjudication of their asylum case.

edit on 4-7-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

No my guess is it allows asset to be seiezed. If they have been here for years they have acquired assets maybe a car or a house. And may have bank account meaning it's simply a way to pay for the raids.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Agit8dChop

No my guess is it allows asset to be seiezed. If they have been here for years they have acquired assets maybe a car or a house. And may have bank account meaning it's simply a way to pay for the raids.

If that word gets around, many won’t risk staying. It is smart to make clear what the consequences are of ignoring a court order.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The majority of these people receiving fines are people who've overstayed their visas.
www.politifact.com...

Illegal is Illegal

And your "source" doesn't address the current topic does it.

Busted Again !! Your fine will be sent !! 🤣

And yet a message was sent out back when?

Ronald Reagan
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986—signed into law by President Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986—granted amnesty to about 3 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.

1986 amnesty, allowed millions of unauthorized immigrants to apply for legal status. It also made it illegal for an employer to knowingly hire an unauthorized immigrant.

So why are the people who hire not punished?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So easy to talk from the comfort of you own situations.

“The work to be done is to avoid seeing this nation populated with a furtive illegal subclass of human beings who are afraid to go to the cops, afraid to go to a hospital … or afraid to go to their employer,” Simpson later wrote Reagan. Second, and more important, both men were worried that immigrants would be used as political scapegoats if they weren’t legalized.

“If we do not choose to have immigration reform in the near future, the alternative will not just be the status quo,” Simpson said while reintroducing the legislation in 1986.“No, the alternative instead will be an increased public intolerance — a failure of compassion, if you will — toward all forms of immigration and types of entrants.

www.sfchronicle.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
oh come on you fine some one who can not pay so you have to send them to prison and then you have to feed them , give them a bed and three meals a day . this is not a punishment .

a reply to: tom farnhill

The simple solution is to put a bounty of 100 dollars a head. this would encourage the poor bastards who have had their wages stagnate and even reduced, to recoup some of what they lost. What is there an estimated 30 million illegals, that would be what 3.5 billion pay out. Pretty cheap solution to this problem

edit on 4-7-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: mispelled word did not want the grammer police to come after me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join