It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Is Sending Fines to Illegal Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Looks like Trump is getting firm with illegal immigrants that have ignored their court orders !!

The Justice Department is sending out notices of fines !!!

The fines vary in amount probably depending on the "severity" of the offence.

I'm sure immigrants that have moved since their "last known address" filled out Post Office Mail Forward cards 😃

The Round-up time is nearing and Democrats haven't been doing anything about those laws either !! 😆

The Trump Administration Is Sending Fines to Illegal Immigrants Who Refuse to Leave the US

The Trump administration is slapping fines on illegal immigrants who are ignoring court orders to leave the U.S.—one of them totals nearly half a million dollars.

“It is the intention of [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] to order you pay a fine in the amount of $497,777,” read a June 25 ICE letter to Edith Espinal Moreno, a woman who has remained in Ohio despite an immigration judge ruling two years ago that she must leave. NPR first reported on the letter.

An ICE spokesperson confirmed to the Daily Caller News Foundation the agency is sending these notices to illegal immigrants.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
He also needs to garnish the DNC for any unpaid fines over 30 days past due

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fines. No birthright citizenship, and outstanding fines prevents any and all citizenship avenue.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

oh come on you fine some one who can not pay so you have to send them to prison and then you have to feed them , give them a bed and three meals a day . this is not a punishment .

i have said this time after time , a fine is just another way of raising revenue , if you fine some one for being poor all you are doing is to make them poorer it is ilogical , and it is not just the US it is every where

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

oh come on you fine some one who can not pay so you have to send them to prison and then you have to feed them , give them a bed and three meals a day . this is not a punishment .

i have said this time after time , a fine is just another way of raising revenue , if you fine some one for being poor all you are doing is to make them poorer it is ilogical , and it is not just the US it is every where

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom farnhill

“If you fine someone ‘for being poor’” ???????

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tom farnhill

Simply prevent them from accessing any path to citizenship while fines are outstanding.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The majority of these people receiving fines are people who've overstayed their visas.
www.politifact.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The majority of these people receiving fines are people who've overstayed their visas.
www.politifact.com...

Illegal is Illegal

And your "source" doesn't address the current topic does it.

Busted Again !! Your fine will be sent !! 🤣

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
not only should they be fined, but they also shouldnot be able to send fund thru western union and such,

all money transfers should be "kept" until the fine is paid. don't take the money that is being transfered, just put that in

escrow accounts until the fine is paid, in full.

Bet that would pucker some backsides

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

www.politifact.com...

False Equivalence !!

Straw Man !!

😆

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
OK fine them. Then what?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Seize assets in the amount of the fine if they can't pay then deport them.

No point in holding criminals at taxpayers expense.
Seems simple enough.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

No silly... you deport them if they do not pay the fines.

Keep up.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Be nice, they're leftists after all.
Thoughts beyond "orange man bad" are beyond their abilities.
You wouldn't scold a puppy for not being able to add would you?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Lumenari

Be nice, they're leftists after all.
Thoughts beyond "orange man bad" are beyond their abilities.
You wouldn't scold a puppy for not being able to add would you?

No I would not.

But if I couldn't house-train it I would give it to a shelter and get a better one.

I would deport it... LOL

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
OK fine them. Then what?

I'm sure that some here will think of some final solution.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
OK fine them. Then what?

Well the obvious thing would be, they don't pay the fine, a warrant for their arrest is issued, they eventually get arrested and then processed for deportation.

Sounds like a pretty good plan.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

No silly... you deport them if they do not pay the fines.

Keep up.

If they're illegal immigrants why not just deport them, what's the point of the fine it seems ludicrous .

Deporting illegals would be getting tough on them this is just pointless or should I say gerrymandering.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: tom farnhill

Simply prevent them from accessing any path to citizenship while fines are outstanding.

BINGO! When their court date arrives, the judge should have them deported if the fine has not been paid.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join