It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists cure mice of HIV for first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Scientists have made a major breakthrough in the fight against HIV/AIDS. Current treatments focus on suppressing HIV replication, but without actually eliminating it from the body. Scientists have now however found a way to completely eliminate the HIV dna itself from the bodies of mice through a combination of drugs packaged inside nanocrystals and the use of CRISPR gene-editing technology - a technology that essentially allows for the genetic material of living organisms to be edited.
Dr Howard Gendelman, co-lead of the study, believes that trials on human patients could begin by the end of the year.

A group of scientists have, for the first time, eliminated HIV DNA from the genomes of living animals, in what is being described as a critical step towards developing a cure for the AIDS virus.

results showed a complete elimination of HIV DNA in about one third of the HIV-infected mice

the researchers now have a “clear path to move ahead to trials in non-human primates and possibly clinical trials in human patients within the year.”
Source

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Great news! I believe we will see a cure for hiv within five years.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
int
canall mammals get HIV

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

HIV can already be 'cured' in people. The problem is there are reservoirs that reinfect people. So this treatment would have to be able to get to HIV in every single reservoir to be effective in people.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

How did the mice get HIV, gay frogs yes.... but mice?

Sorry, stupid humour

This is great news, I wonder if nanotechnology can help with other incurable diseases?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot

Damn mercury in the water making the frogs gay!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Proteinases like Bromelain or papain can destroy viruses. A derivative of lauric acid can soften the virus shell and allow our immune system to destroy it too.

ieeexplore.ieee.org...

www.thehealthymelissa.com...

I think there is no money in using stuff that is cheap to kill diseases. Pharma companies want to make money.

Although I do believe that these things are beneficial at helping protect people, I do not know for sure that they will kill aids since the disease has already done lots of damage. I only put a couple of links up but I have read lots of research that shows that these things can be used to kill all sorts of microbes. I stock both bromelain and monolaurin and use them when I feel they will help. I just had a bromelain tablet, I had some ice cream and it helps to stop all the mucus.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

There is a 'cure' for AIDS that we have known about for a long time. It is to damage the T1 cells that the virus messes with. This compromises the immune system in other ways, but is survivable and means that the virus can't replicate.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Is any group protesting that they are giving mice HIV...any one protesting this animal crudity?

Any animal rights activists on here??? You ok with this??

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Bone marrow transplant with a donor who is naturally immune to HIV will do it and it's been done.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is great news, I wonder if nanotechnology can help with other incurable diseases?
a reply to: Village Idiot

Like maybe death? They sought death but could not find it. Rev 9:6

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This thread also talks about HIV and other diseases that can be cured by Beck Protocol but doesnt seem to have any real answers from the users... Not sure what to make of a few success stories...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join