It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind man asked to leave church because of service dog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
www.wesh.com... qjYmqR0hS21Yw-4lCUhIqAw7q7zCMY1sv5mJY6r4yiVfjJ6Kdjg

"I've never been denied access and never in a million years would I think it'd be a church," he said," Burch said.

Bascially the story is that a blind man went to this church with his

This story pretty much sums up my feeling on modern religion. They are not breaking the law either, they are exempt from the Americans with Disabilities act. Let that sink in. Basically many churches (not all) are there just to get your money and that's it. They are not interested in really helping anyone.

I'm not talking about emotional support animals either, I'm talking about real service animals like this guy has.
Even though he is blind he just got a clear view of this church!

It is so hypocritical it is funny. Mary laid in a manger, Jesus walked with the downtrodden, and Noah and the ark saved two of every animal, but this church is above all that... funny funny funny.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The dog is allowed now. Nothing to see here. The church was concerned legally so suspended the practice but they must have found a way to verify it was a real service dog.

I'm with the church on this one. It opens the door for fake service dogs which means they could not be trained to be around other people, have the proper shots or trained not to relieve itself in the pew.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
From your source:

"To avoid restricting access to anyone, we have sought legal counsel to find ways we could safely accommodate service animals while protecting the health of the thousands of people who utilize our venue weekly."

He also said, "Finding no legal way to continue allowing service animals, while restricting untrained, unsafe animals, we reluctantly, but responsibly instituted a policy in April 2018 restricting access of all animals."

However, Cranston later determined the church would be getting rid of that policy, and service animals will again be allowed at Sunday services starting July 7.

Please read your own source next time...thanks!

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We have signs no comfort animals but some people are basically asshats and think their cat or whatever is special. Only dogs and mini horses can be service animals and we have a quick test for dogs then kick them out if they fail. The words out on us and 10 people showed up at one time and tried to confuse our gate people but they are well trained and all walked away cursing. Lots of bad reviews but lots of support too.
We don't care a dog attacked a kid a few years ago and cost us a lot of money even though the dog was a fraud.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I've had customers' dogs crap on the floor, and when I said they had to remove the dog, I was told it was a service animal. The dog had no collar or vest, and certainly wouldn't have gone to the bathroom inside if it was trained. Too many people are inconsiderate jerks.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

All churches are only there to collect donations..

What percentage of their totally gross income goes to charity??

I would be shocked if ANY church surpasses 15%..

Churches are just their to collect donations and recruit more sheeple to give even more donations..

Why do you think they call it a flock?!?!

Because your supposed to follow your minister without question

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Well, they also help the homeless, abused women, their communities on small projects, etc. Basically, all the things the Democrats campaign on but never follow through with.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There is a church in TX that allows dogs. Think it is in Corpus Christi? The dogs have their own holy water drinking fountain. People love it. I'm not sure if it's just the Pastor's dogs....been a while since I watched the story.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The man is blind. Big chance of fake dog.

Sounds like the black man, a hospital patient with an IV, that was on a walk and a security guy claimed he was stealing medical equipment.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Here is the dog church.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That is just their BIG ol' excuse.

No legal way my hiney!!
It is just a matter of yes you can come in, or no. They choose no.

How did Airlines, stores, hotels and every other place in America figure this out??

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

My understanding, there is an official process for a dog to be declared a service dog. Was that standard met? Article does not state due to poor reporting. The poor reporting is due to the need to create clicks and traffic. That is why it is buried deep in the article the dog was eventually allowed.

Maybe a good thread would be on how crappy reporting buries important facts at the bottom and slams a flashy lid headline on it?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

The dog is allowed now. Nothing to see here. The church was concerned legally so suspended the practice but they must have found a way to verify it was a real service dog.

I'm with the church on this one. It opens the door for fake service dogs which means they could not be trained to be around other people, have the proper shots or trained not to relieve itself in the pew.

The dogs probably behave better than most people.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Does a dog see god when it looks in a mirror?
I know of a dog whose tail is the only thing that does not move.
When it's tail appears to wag, it is the rest of all Creation wagging.
The dog's tail is stationary.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
"Church ?! He was supposed to take me to the whore house! Bad dog!"

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Are you a CNN reporter?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Most churches are just for-profit social clubs. They are structured and operated to make people feel worthwhile and obligated to give money to the club.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

He also said, "Finding no legal way to continue allowing service animals, while restricting untrained, unsafe animals, we reluctantly, but responsibly instituted a policy in April 2018 restricting access of all animals."

It's all the jerks with their fake "comfort" animals and their unethical doctor friends who are making it exceedingly difficult for real disabled people and their services anamals. Their really needs to be a crack down on self centered pet owners who are fraudulently passing their pets off as service animals and putting the community and the disabled in danger.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Out of curiosity what is the test you use?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Blind guy ?? A guide dog. But what the heck is a service animal? Is it the same as a comfort animal? If it is then the people who use them should be in a safe institution as they are not grown up enough to experience the real world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join