It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Russia Moved Iraqi WMD !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well I would not doubt this and I know it has been discussed before but Syria and Russia sure are in the news lately....

Russia Moved Iraqi WMD

Moscow Moved Weapons to Syria and Lebanon
According to a former top Bush administration official, Russian special forces teams moved weapons of mass destruction out of Iraq to Syria.

"I am absolutely sure that Russian Spetsnatz units moved WMD out of Iraq before the war," stated John Shaw, the former deputy undersecretary for international technology security.

According to Shaw, Russian units hid Saddam's arsenal inside Syria and in Lebanon's Bekka valley.

"While in Iraq I uncovered detailed information that Spetsnatz units shredded records and moved all WMD and specified advanced munitions out of Iraq to Syria and Lebanon," stated Shaw during an exclusive interview.

"I received information from several sources naming the exact Russian units, what they took and where they took both WMD materials and conventional explosives. Moscow made a 2001 agreement with Saddam Hussein to clear up all Russian involvement in WMD systems in Iraq," stated Shaw.

Shaw's assertions match the information provided by U.S. military forces that satellite surveillance showed extensive large-vehicle traffic crossing the Syrian border prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Russia Moved Iraqi WMD

Lebanon and Syria

The arming of Iraq with such weapons has a direct impact on events today in the Middle East. The presence of former Iraqi WMD systems in Lebanon raises serious questions surrounding the Feb. 14 assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri. Many blame Syria for Hariri's murder.

However, the possibility that Hariri discovered the location of the Iraqi WMD systems inside his country lends some credible backing to a Syrian assassination effort to silence him.

In addition, the sudden sale of advanced missile and other weapons to Damascus by Moscow also supports the allegation that Syria is hiding something for Russia.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
While it's an interesting application of the term "official" when the former deputy undersecretary of technology security in a corrupt government says anything, this information is very damaging indeed to the Bush administration's case for invasion of Iraq.

It is allegedly determined that Moscow cleaned up all WMDs out of Iraq and shredded records in 2001, yet Cheney and Rice and Powell were lining up to graphically pinpoint the precise location of WMDs in Iraq prior to the invasion.

It does not seem that "forgive and forget" ought to apply in this case.

The other articles headlined in the left hand column of the link say a lot for the newsmax of the day, too... and it is good to see Ann Coulter smiling out at the hapless visitor telling him or her what book to buy.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Its official...

The lie continues...

The game of Hide & Seek against the boogieman continues

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
How convienient that now Russia was invovled in this, given the recent back-and-forth beween the US and Russia. I can't wait to see how this progresses into a whole new world of propaganda, bs, and mudslinging about how we need to mop the commies off the map. If it isin't one thing its another...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So of course the "turdblossom" side automatically since the link comes from Newsmax that bastion of conservative propaganda that it is automatically false right?

Just what IF it were true? Think about it....

I mean your great CNN is tanking becuase of them nasty conservative outlets in the media all (1) of them

The ratings are in for February, and the numbers are not good for CNN which saw steep losses in its viewership, while the Fox News Channel continued its rise.

According to Nielsen Media Research, CNN's ratings fell by 21 percent last month in primetime, and 16 percent overall, reports Variety.

FOX NEWS BEATS CNN!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
OK, wait:

Russia signed a deal with Iran, too, did they not? A deal for nuclear reactors, or something?

Well, Iran is sitting on a lake of oil - they have fuel already.

Iran is a trouble spot waiting to happen, and Russia is supplying them the goods? Russia seems desperate for money. They always have been, until they come out of their current situation; however, that does not excuse them for what they did.

If they want to get on the other side of all this mayhem, let them. I doubt they will though - they have been U.S. allies in this - well, for the most part anyways.

-wD

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
So of course the "turdblossom" side automatically since the link comes from Newsmax that bastion of conservative propaganda that it is automatically false right?

Just what IF it were true? Think about it....

I mean your great CNN is tanking becuase of them nasty conservative outlets in the media all (1) of them

The ratings are in for February, and the numbers are not good for CNN which saw steep losses in its viewership, while the Fox News Channel continued its rise.

According to Nielsen Media Research, CNN's ratings fell by 21 percent last month in primetime, and 16 percent overall, reports Variety.

FOX NEWS BEATS CNN!

edit on 3-3-2005 by edsinger]

Don't dock me for quoting this whole response because it is all relevant. So, your saying that because a station or show has ratings makes it real and true? All it shows is how dumb Americans truely are. Keep up with your FUAX Ed and when the commies come to take your land they will do it behind your back because 80% of Americans this day and age don't even know what 2+2 equals.

Edit: To make more readable

[edit on 3-3-2005 by MacMerdin]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I remember reading a report just after the war started in 2003 regarding WMD's. I'll give the gist of it, but confess that I have no links or anything to back this up. I'll see if I can find the article.

Basically it was a report about satellite survailence of 3 cargo ships that left Iraq (might have gone to Syrian port and left from there on eve of war, can't remember) on the eve of the war and did nothing but cruise around in the middle of the Indian ocean occaisionally calling into a "friendly" port for supplies. Article said they couldn't just send in special forces because if the ships were scuttled and did indeed have WMD on board the environmental disaster would be huge.

I always thought that was an interesting one. I read it in my local paper as regular news and then found it on the net from memory. I kept an eye out for follow up reports but never saw any from memory.

My point is, meaning no disrespect, reports mean little without proof.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
because 80% of Americans this day and age don't even know what 2+2 equals.

What??? Not 80 %, try 52%

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sorry, should have done my search before posting, heaps of links for that one.

Mystery Ships Thought to Contain Iraqi WMD

Three mystery ships are tracked over suspected 'weapons' cargo

Google search for "cargo ships" iraq wmd

Not advocating this, just using it as an example. It's interesting, but there is no proof.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

What??? Not 80 %, try 52%

Funny...but being an American myself, I can say something about the stupidity of my people....but back to the thread. Nice work in the above threads. Yes, without proof, it's all speculation....just like the American "intellegence".

Edited to add...just thought it was an oxymoron that i wrote American Intellegence...lol

Edited twice because my American upbringing just got your joke dg......boy...I must have grown up an American.....thankfully not in the bible belt though....no offense to actual smart people from the red states

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Speculation on this issue has been ongoing for quite sometime and has been presented and commented upon within ATS within the last two years.

This (below linked) was posted by an ATS member some time ago:
Iraqi Weapons: Five Unanswered Questions

It was dismissed.

Russian convoy fired on in Iraq

It was dismissed.

WMD: Believe Iraq or Believe the Evidence?

It was dismissed.

This news of Russia moving WMDs out of Iraq has been circulating since October of last year.
Russia tied to Iraq's missing arms
Russia Moved Iraqi WMD

Undoubtedly, this will also be dismissed.

seekerof

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofUndoubtedly, this will also be dismissed.

Well if its on Newsmax or Fox News it will be, but not by those that will be checking into it,

the strange part is what has happened in Syria and Lebanon over the last few weeks, what is REALLY going on?

Ask yourself that one.....

Some other links on the subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Seekerof,

You are in love with war. I am totally confounded as to why a smart person like you can fall for these lies. I'm being very honest- Most of "us" cant understand it. I'm perplexed. Surely you dont beleive everything this government and those rooting for this government tell you, do you? How can you overlook all the lies? Yes, lies???
You know what they are so i wont bore you with them.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

as posted by dgtempe

Your lack of imput is noted as is your derogatory comment.
Being I failed to see the 'sarcasm' emoticon, care to back up your assertion with something remotely resembling credibility?

Personally, speak for yourself.

*edit*
As for this mention:

You are in love with war.

I have admitted to being a 'warhawk'.
As to believing the lies....
Not all, though this will be contrieved or argued as otherwise by those I have debated with over this war.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by dgtempe

Your lack of imput is noted as is your derogatory comment.
Being I failed to see the 'sarcasm' emoticon, care to back up your assertion with something remotely resembling credibility?

Personally, speak for yourself.

*edit*
As for this mention:

You are in love with war.

I have admitted to being a 'warhawk'.
As to believing the lies....
Not all, though this will be contrieved or argued as otherwise by those I have debated with over this war.

seekerof

By the way the 80%...that was my quote....so don't take it out on DG.....
I was just speculating....have you ever watched David Letterman when they go out on the street and ask people questions? Americans are DUMB....deal with it!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdinBy the way the 80%...that was my quote....so don't take it out on DG.....I was just speculating....have you ever watched David Letterman when they go out on the street and ask people questions? Americans are DUMB....deal with it!!!!!!!

Well that is your turdblossom public educashion at work!

at least 48% anyway!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Well that is your turdblossom public educashion at work!

at least 48% anyway!

WOW!!! We finally agree on something Ed. Is that trying to say it is the leftist public education system. No skin off my back since I'm a Libertarian.....lol

By the way...I wish there was an emoticon flippin the finger...that would be a great sarcasm emot.....wouldn't it seeker?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin

leftist public education system.

By the way...I wish there was an emoticon flippin the finger...that would be a great sarcasm emot.....wouldn't it seeker?

leftist = TurdBlossom !

Bingo!

as for the other part you can try this one

(.I..)

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Russia Moved Iraqi WMD

Moscow Moved Weapons to Syria and Lebanon
According to a former top Bush administration official, Russian special forces teams moved weapons of mass destruction out of Iraq to Syria.

"I am absolutely sure that Russian Spetsnatz units moved WMD out of Iraq before the war," stated John Shaw, the former deputy undersecretary for international technology security.

We should also look at this from a different point of view...

Dont look the past mistake...pay attention at might happened int the furture...This claim would allow the Bush administration to start another war inderectly[/]...once Syria is occupied...Iran is supposedly next

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join