It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do monkeys have no wings?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
"If you meditate hard enough.."

Evolution does not occur because of a desire, will, or thought process. It is a function of biology at the genetic level.

If willful evolution were possible, Clairol would go out of business because many women could simply BECOME blonde.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks

Mutations that favor good health and the ability to survive will find their way into the genetic line because they are beneficial traits. Mutations that do not favor survival, e.g., deformities, etc., are selected out due to the inability to pass on that genetic marker through mating.

Genes know how?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

3. Why do monkeys have no wings?

Why do fish have no bicycles?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

One of my mates hanged themselves from a door.

Sure he had suicidal thoughts.

Does that mean he would come back as a planet?

Humans are animals, but our Earth is just as alive as you or i, probably more so and far more complex ta boot.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER - I'm not here to partake in conversation.

I find these devout religious threads so funny, It simply flabbergasts me how this fundamental way of thinking still exists today.

Carry on out6of9balance!, you're making my morning that little bit more entertaining.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

No, the person figuring out how and why things evolved in different ways needs to be, as evolution is NOT intelligently driven, a person needs to be creative when trying to figure out why some things succeeded in being passed on while others did not, and how some things resulted in more successful breeding and/or survival.

One does not need wings to successfully live an arboreal lifestyle, nor to successfully breed as an arboreal being, therefore it is actually illogical that all arboreal beings will eventually evolve wings, as there are many other paths that could be taken. One must be an unimaginative moron if the only arboreal evolutionary path they can think of must result in wings and flight 100% of the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Badams

Good for you. Enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes, Puppylove, it takes some serious adaption.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

No, why do monkeys have no wings.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
As far as I can tell evolution is a mystery religion written by men in the last few centuries.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I've only read the first and last page of this thread but.....

I'm far from an expert but; our ancestors used to go about on all fours, then they developed the ability walk on two feet.....why would they also have developed wings?

Life forms develop different abilities for different environments and species etc keep on branching off and evolving their own specific skills and abilities.

It really isn't hard to understand.

I have no doubt I haven't really explained myself very well....but it's just so simple.

Current knowledge doesn't explain everything....but The Theory of Evolution is by far the best explanation we have at present.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's not hard to understand. I'm now convinced he just doesn't want to.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Puppylove, I understand it very well.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It's literally not rocket science.

The Theory of Evolution is the best explanation at present.
It may change as our knowledge grows.....that's why it's only a theory at present.

The only other explanations offered rely solely on blind faith with absolutely no supportive evidence at all.

And the theory really is so simple to understand....even a simpleton like myself understands it.

Creationist and supporters of Intelligent Design also don't seem to understand or acknowledge that The Theory of Evolution in no way even attempts to explain what initially sparked life into existence.

I know science is continually trying to explain that.....but to my knowledge nothing currently can even begin to explain it.

I'm Agnostic and have no horse in the Theist/Atheist argument but I fail to understand why so many Theists refuse to disbelieve evolution.
Surely belief in evolution doesn't automatically discount some sort of 'Gods' existence, does it?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What are you on about.

Haven't you seen that documentary about Kansas tornadoes.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

you asked "why don't monkeys have wings" I postulate that they do have wings, just not the monkeys of earth.

just because you have a limited life expirence does not mean life is limited to the expirence you have had.

there are as many galaxies as there are grains of sand on earth, I bet there are winged monkeys and you cannot prove
me wrong.

you never said why don't earth monkeys have wings.😁😁😁😁✌✌✌

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Why do Angels have wings?

Are this additional appendage associated with flight, or attributed, to no other meaning, than to indicate the sublimity of their nature?

Can Monkeys be Angels?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

not only can monkies be angels, they can talk through sign language

"KoKo sad, mork gone"

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

They can talk plain English and even gave us the medium which we are now using to communicate if truth be told.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: schuyler

No, why do monkeys have no wings.

They don't need no flying

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join