It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are actually ANGRY that President Trump Will Honor Americans on July 4th.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Trump needs to do more of this to expose these people.
He should say the American people are hard working and very generous.

So the media and Democrats the next day can say Americans dont want to do certain jobs, are fat and very greedy...

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: fleabit

All the crap talking by the Democrats against our president I'm 100% behind a show of force to the world. The Democrats want to play trump.off as a sh^# talker with no balls.

Except he is not doing it for that reason. I guess the reason fits into your agenda, but that's not his. The actual reasons are his ego / narcissistic personality, his strong desire to show off any chance he gets, his one-upmanship, and his political campaign. It's not to say screw off to the Dems, it's not due to a great sense of patriotism, or to honor anyone but himself.

Do you really think he respects the leadership in the military? You know.. the Generals he said he knew more about the ISIS than they did? The call to a mom about a lost soldier and he didn't even know his name? Please.. he doesn't care about the military except how it makes him look.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'm not sure Trump actually respects anyone, save maybe a select few. In my opinion, considering how poorly our non-military and military leaders have all led us in the last couple of decades, I'm not sure it's out of line. Rank, just like titles, don't automagically grant one the right to respect.

As far as tha call goes...there's two sides to that story. Anyway, have you seen the man talk? he shouldn't be trying to comfort any grief-striken person. He has no bedside manner at all.

As far as his actual reasons for doing this...the only people who really know are the ones he has shared his reasoning with. I'm reasonably certain that doesn't include anyone on this forum lol. You can present an opnion as a fact, but it doesn't change the fact it's your opnion.

Personally, I think it's a good change of pace to change things up and try something different...after all, Presidents for a long time have been doing the same thing and getting the same results and I think it's gotten us to a terrible place.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
And you ask why the democrats are against this showcase of bullcrap which no other president before had felt necessary to have...
Sure, ask away. There are good answers you do not want to hear.

Answer me this, then, who is responsible for your total lack of education where US history is concerned?
www.smithsonianmag.com...

These types of ceremonies and festivities used to be the norm for US presidents, and yes, that fact sits in total defiance of the bullcrap narrative that no prior president has conducted something like this.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

false we actually have a rich tradition of military parades

www.smithsonianmag.com...

Most recently, in 1991 more than 8,000 troops marched down Washington D.C.'s Constitution Avenue in a victory parade celebrating the end of the Persian Gulf War. Stealth fighter planes passed overhead while tanks and Patriot missiles rolled by a crowd of 200,000, according to William J. Eaton and Beth Hawkins of the Los Angeles Times. The attendance was below the 1 million-plus spectators predicted to turn out to view the $12 million event. But by that evening's fireworks display, the turnout swelled to 800,000.
and

The inauguration of President John F. Kennedy in 1961 included a parade featuring dozens of missiles as well as soldiers and sailors aboard Navy boats towed along Pennsylvania Avenue, writes Nicole Chavez for CNN. President Dwight Eisenhower's 1953 inaugural parade included 22,000 military service members. The marchers were joined by a cannon capable of firing a nuclear warhead. It was "the most elaborate inaugural pageant every held," according to the Eisenhower Presidential Library & Museum. When World War II still raged, more than 30,000 men and women marched down Fifth Avenue in New York City for Army Day Parade in 1942, an occurrence The New York Times heralded as the "first big military display" of the war. Victory parades also celebrated the war's end, including a display led by the 82nd Airborne Division under General James M. Gavin down the Fifth Avenue in New York City.
so no where near those levels and hey least hes not bringing nuclear cannons lol

www.motherjones.com... -stuff/

www.wearethemighty.com...

so yeah we have absolutely done this kind of thing over the years more so during the cold war to be fair but far from a first

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

How many times will Trump blame "Democrats" in his speech? Maybe he'll surprise us and not include any of the usual toxic partisan rhetoric. I won't hold my breath though.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

What are you talking about? You don't need tanks and guns and jets to celebrate your country. If that's what your country is all about then maybe you need to reconsider a few things priority-wise.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

How many times will Trump blame "Democrats" in his speech? Maybe he'll surprise us and not include any of the usual toxic partisan rhetoric. I won't hold my breath though.

As always your hypocrisy precedes you. For someone that doesn’t even live in this country you sure have a lot of clueless opinions about our politics.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

And...you live in Germany so your take on the situation is invalid! P E R I O D

Yes, America isn't for free speak much any more.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I wouldn't call it blame,
its more like just stating the facts

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What's a Jerry?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Parade to celebrate what? Indefinite stay in iraq? Possible war with iran? Increase in civilian casualties from drone strikes? Ect...

But go ahead... spend money on pointless parades.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Better to spend it on showing America Pride than giving it to Planned Parenthood to murder our unborn children.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Just seems to expose the blind followers of both side. People can hardly think for themselves in the political arena. Team hive-mind speak.

How many are tripping over themselves to cheer trump on like this is some grand victory for freedom and America.

Trump brings out the ultra liberal idiots and sheep-like trump brigade.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I live in Montana my friend and was born and raised in Georgia. The only reason you think I'm clueless is because I don't agree with you, you would say that same thing to literally anyone who doesn't grovel at Trump's feet so it doesn't hold very much weight.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yea because Trump had to choose between a parade or planned parenthood...................
edit on 3-7-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

Democrats would say the same thing about their constant attack of Trump. See how it works yet?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Inaugurations, military victory parades, etc.

Now show me, you self-proclaimed expert, which of your presidents did this on 4th of July.
Not the same. Not the same.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Thanatos0042

It's funny how spending a ton of money so Trump can take part in a pissing contest is no big deal but forgiving student debt, which will ultimately help the economy, is the worst thing in the world.

Whoa forgiving student debt is the most irresponsible policy out there. How will it help the economy pray tell? By giving a pass to those who went in and signed a contract to pay for schooling? One of the biggest problems we face as a nation is not taking responsibility for our actions.
Those that did so are responsible for paying their debt that they incurred. That is called being an adult and taking responsibility for ones actions. How about forgiving mortage debt instead? I could definitely do without having to pay that every month. I would also have something of value as well instead of a piece of paper that says I went to school and still cannot get a job.

edit on 3-7-2019 by CrazyFox because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If he bashes one single American in his great day speech... or uses it to heap praise upon himself then yes he is the POS that most of us know he is.

We all know he wants to look like Putin and kim jong Un standing there as the military salutes him.

He is not doing it for the people, he is doing it for himself... if you can't see that???

We could start a pool on how many Americans he disparages in his speech and another one for how many times he congratulates himself....

I might go with 4 and 37 respectively.

Hopefully I am wrong. Hopefully he just makes his speech about America. Somehow i doubt it as so do you all.

And last i read, baby trump cannot use helium.... Time to get a bigger baby... lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join