It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are actually ANGRY that President Trump Will Honor Americans on July 4th.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

you keep dancing around what your "industry" is.

that seems suspect for some reason.

Maybe because this is a consipracy site.

not saying it's because you are afraid of being Doxxed.

it's just a "Hmmm?" thing

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I've never actually been secretive about it. I work in one of the oldest industries in this country. One even our Founding Fathers worked in. I'm a brewer. Trump's War on Aluminum has done a number on the industry.

I had a shipment of cans that took 6 months to arrive.

Despite what people think, the profit margins are so thin that if you're relying on distribution a six month setback is enough to kill your business.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I've never actually been secretive about it. I work in one of the oldest industries in this country. One even our Founding Fathers worked in. I'm a brewer. Trump's War on Aluminum has done a number on the industry.

Despite what people think, the profit margins are so thin that if you're relying on distribution a six month setback is enough to kill your business.

I work in a brewery and the only thing making a dent in our business is the micro brewerys and wine consumption.
6 months for a load of cans? sounds looks you have management problems, not sales, unless your beer is not so good. the place I work in was founded 163 years ago
edit on 5-7-2019 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Oh ok, sorry to hear that, the local brewers here are doing booming business, but they use glass.

so maybe it's business decisions, not the economy.

Just saying.

( there are two sides to everything )

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

What number has Trump done on the brewing industry? According to sales and production data from the Brewers Association the market was flat from 2017-18 and 2018 brought a continued increase in competition. Perhaps you are just not good enough to compete?
Maybe take some courses on how to run a business.

edit on 5/7/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

There's no "War On Aluminum", is there?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There's no "War On Aluminum", is there?

Alumin(i)um prices continue to fall. They've been falling since Q2 in 2018.
Under Trump's administration there was a spike in price of 20% ish but it's now back to the price when he took office.
Interestingly, at the highest price under the Trump admin, it's still much lower than the peak in prices under Obama - by a lot.
Sounds like a case of a person not being very good at business and failing vs the competition who blames Trump for their lack of ability.
edit on 5/7/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

If you have a problem with microbreweries then you must be working for one of the big boys. Of course you wouldn't have a problem with the aluminum shortage.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Both kegs and cans are made from aluminum. If there's a shortage on those you pretty much can't distribute which is the main revenue stream for many breweries.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sorry but I work at the highest earning, fasting growing, craft brewery in one of the most competitive markets in the country. And that's just our newest location.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Sorry but I work at the highest earning, fasting growing, craft brewery in one of the most competitive markets in the country. And that's just our newest location.

So you have money to expand but are losing money?

that is a logic fail I think.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

How so? FYI it takes a long time for a brewery to open. When we committed to the second location there was no indication that we were going to experience an aluminum shortage.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Ya its a big one. you work at the highest levels of your brewery huh? I am picturing a 2 story out house.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

How is it at MillerCoors? Your beer may taste like cat piss but I've gotta give you credit for consistency.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Sounds like they’re doing pretty good for themselves.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MickyKnox

Like I said, the profit margins for breweries are very thin. Pretty much for every brewery that opens in this area, one closes. Hell, just look at some of the national brands. Smuttynose is pretty much dead at this point and Ballast Point had to abandon their whole plan for expansion.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Likewise I am sure, but I don't drink, Take it easy just funnin you

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

So you have money to expand but are losing money?

that is a logic fail I think.

Nobody ever said progressives were good at economics. I mean, they worship AOC, and she doesn't even know what the unemployment rate indicates.
edit on 5 7 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: MickyKnox

Like I said, the profit margins for breweries are very thin. Pretty much for every brewery that opens in this area, one closes. Hell, just look at some of the national brands. Smuttynose is pretty much dead at this point and Ballast Point had to abandon their whole plan for expansion.

But I think the amount of microbreweries have been growing exponentially since 2012. That might have something to do with it.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Scapegrace

And yet the Left is doing everything in its power to divide America, to destroy our very identity as Americans. Identity politics are the very essence of tribalism.

Maybe you wouldn't act all defensive when this American Dream of yours wouldn't be a mere shadow of it's former glory?

Kinda funny that we would have been able to agree on that note under Obama.

It’s racist to control our borders and enforce immigration laws.

Not when you believe, that the concept of concentration camps would be a cornerstone of freedom. In which case you probably come across "slightly" stalinesque.

Yes, you could learn a lot from the actual left. Makes me wonder what happens when you backwards leaning voices from the past discover Chomsky and the critical method.

Concentration camps? Do you know anything at all about the Holocaust? Auschwitz? Dachau? Treblinka? Are we literally starving and working detainees to death, using their body fat to make soap and incinerating their corpses by the millions? And you’ve had so much time since AOC compared border detention centers to concentration camps to learn how grossly wrong she was. Do a little research on the Holocaust; it’s quite easy and I would guess more than a thousand books have been written on the subject. If you still believe there’s a legitimate comparison after the most basic research, there’s no possibility that you and me can ever have a rational discussion about anything.
edit on 5-7-2019 by Scapegrace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join