It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consciousness doesn’t exist.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What we all call consciousness is a mental construct of control designed so that we can think we’re free all the while being owned and confined to a system that they’ve created for us. The voice in your head what you called consciousness was created by them we are purely awareness and energy. They are the reason you know the language that you speak, They taught it to you. A soul cannot be expressed by a language there are not enough phrases and never will be. People believe they know the truth but what if the truth isn’t even in your language how would you ever find it? There are over 6,500 languages, And most people speak 1 maybe 2 of them yet believe they are enlightened.

The true answers will always come from within because the universe it whispers in a language that we can all understand things like Fate, bad luck good luck, Karma, Destiny, Attraction, Emotions, Dreams, Out of body experiences etc.. And when these experiences happen they you’ll know there’s no other way to explain it in words it’s simply you’ll know you might not understand now or you might not even understand it the moment it does happen but you’ll feel it some people might call them paranormal experiences things our understanding of mainstream science cannot explain because you weren’t taught to understand those things And you were taught to google it, People believe in religion because they know that there is a higher power and they want to connect to it. And that’s how they were taught to and believe that that’s way to. the universe does really work in strange ways, but man wrote the Bible and is just another form of control preying on our psyche to control us. What if the truth is not in your religion there are over 2,000 religions and each of them believe that they’re on the right path.

What if a person was born and raised not knowing any form a language would they not have a consciousness, A voice in there head would they be at disadvantage or is it is us who are at a disadvantage? I’m communicating to you via using patterns that you understand as words that you can hear inside your mind while using a black mirror a screen (device,phone,tablet,labtop etc..)
But what have we traded it for it? Is that really your voice in your head reading my whst o type which are just patterns on a screen what if that’s not your voice and is there to control you from literally in your inside your mind a massive invasion of privacy. Are you reading words or are you listening to words ? To meditate you must clear your mind of thoughts we are social beings but we weren’t meant to be controlled in this way that’s why you’ll never find the truth unless you look within and learn to understand the universe when it whispers.

People get consumed in evolution debates, political 9/11, moon landing, flat earth because once they realized they have a moment they’ve been lied to all their life and their egos can’t take it, And it goes out and wants to feel powerful regain some sort of pride by finding out the truth but the truth is not what matters, The only that does is why are we being lied to. About everything, history, the stars, the heavens, the news etc, religion.. What are they hiding from us that is worth all of this? Agile and swift yet so brutal fine tuned to an extent that is beyond the average persons comprehension a conspiracy so massive a peasant could never fathom.

Everything in this matrix even your own consciousness is of their creation the voice you hear is a language someone else taught you which is designed purely to keep you enslaved. They created language then they taught you to read and gave you a bible and taught you their religion in their language, then they they gave us a radios, tvs, internet and new iPhones all of their creation meant to keep you and your kids further and into this matrix system and none of it is true.
edit on 2-7-2019 by sselemaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sselemaN

If you, yes, ''YOU'', have no consciousness, how is it you even know about ''they''. Had you no consciousness you could not.

Existentialism is one thing, paranoid existentialism is quite another.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I had to S&F your post because you are thinking out of the box and that's good.

However...

What if our conscious minds are just the lowest subset of who "we" are?

What if there is an ALL... the product of all energies that our subconscious can react with.

A thing that is bigger than the sum of all its parts.

What if the subconscious is what we really are.

A single identity within that web... able to act within the All and change things, if enough identities wish it so.

And our conscious state is our meat form... having to deal with a mishmash of realities that are constantly being changed by what we subconsciously want vs what others want.

The subconscious and conscious mind can't even really communicate with each other, besides in dreams and abstract symbology.

What I am trying to get at (and the concept is hard to bring into English) is that there is no cabal of owners or rulers.

The thing we are slaves to is not being able to change big things in our reality without other people thinking the same way.

It's about belief.. what some would call faith, others karma, etc.

Enough believe in it and it can happen to all individuals.

Sure, your individual self can, through a belief in self, change things in your reality for yourself.

But that's the reason behind religions and their real power.

Is getting enough individuals [cells] together thinking the same way to change reality.

A thought.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
while asleep,

are we conscious?

are we aware?

im thinking while asleep, someone can do all sorts of things to/around me and i wouldnt be aware. but while conscious they wouldnt get away with it.

then again even i is a construct.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

So where do you stand on free will vs predestination?

One not exactly being synonymous with the other.

Personally, i imagine what we truly understand regarding consciousness, our experience of such, and/or where our consciousness emanates or resides, leaves a hell of a lot to be desired.

I tend to imagine, given that the neurons and synapsis of our minds begin to fire and form pathways before we even initiate an act or thought, may be suggestive of some kind of connection to the quantum realm.
edit on 2-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I too have wondered about the things you speak of and I have questioned whether there indeed is a force('they') that has entrapped us within a paradigm of language and stimulus or if has just occurred circumstantially as a result of other 'conscious' minds interpreting and giving meaning to things along the way. If it is 'they' that control us, well as to the "why" I have suspected it may be to keep us disconnected from our more advanced innate abilities perhaps. I have wondered also if consciousness may be a collective whole, and souls or individuals are merely fragmented appendages, making there way back to oneness.

One evening during a phase of... attempted self induced enlightenment, I looked at a dictionary and realized the sum of my knowledge was confined to this book and was minuscule against the backdrop of the universe. I once thought words were, for the most part superfluous and there may benefit in focusing on other types of communication, including telepathic.

It is hard to separate what has been programmed verses what may be innate, and I don't know if technology is bringing us closer to or further away from pure knowingness. Has technology hijacked our natural path of evolution or complimented it? It is too late now to live as the ancients it seems, unless one renunciates society and heads for the woods.

Epiphanies, are to me what you may call realizations from 'within.' A momentary connection with divinity(however one may define that). Some of the other experiences you mention remind me of a term that I really enjoyed learning and it offered some liberation. The term ineffable, which for me is a universal type of realization that transcends language. Both epiphany and ineffable could be tied to realizations of that oneness also, in a speculative fashion.

Your thread has spun my mind a bit obviously and I realize I'm all over the place, ha, but in the mix it made me think of The Egg, not as directly related but just as a unique and quaint little story.

You may enjoy reading some threads by one of our members Astrocyte by the way. He/she has taken me into deep waters with some fantastic threads over the years regarding mind, soul, brain consciousness and more. Here is a thread on consciousness.
edit on 2pmf31183831 by waftist because: edit

edit on 2pmf31260231 by waftist because: paragraphage

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Because I am simply a state of awareness and pure energy, does a newborn have consciousness if not then which day at what time did it arrive?

Does a man born blind and deaf go to hell because he did not read the Bible and sing Gospel?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Consciousness does not donate foreknowledge.

A newborn has to learn after all skills and ideas seldom come fully formed.

The same probably applies to our consciousness or illusion of such.

edit on 2-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I commend you for this thread, your vision and understanding of your perception is true to you makes some sense.

Yet your message is a block swiss cheese, missing holes of information and experience to complete your story.

For instance your title alone is untrue and your perception of consciousness is bent in my true opinion.
Consciousness has nothing to do with language in an external world. So for you to go on about language than claim consciousness doesnt exist, is bent.

Consciousness is to be aware. You do not need language to be aware that need your focus and mind. Consciousness is you the thing that took upon this righteous crusade and made a thread denying it even exists.

It's you. Not the body, the tongue, the languages, the people...

Consciousness is the awareness before the thought even happened.

Understand that and fill your swiss cheese. Than we have a formal conversation.
edit on 2-7-2019 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think................therefore you exist

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I subscribe to your theory of us all being connected; I have my own story but right now am mobile and it would take too long to describe.

There is an answer to our questions, but I don't think we get the full picture until we fully pass on to whatever the next step is.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
double post.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulsi
while asleep,

are we conscious?

are we aware?

im thinking while asleep, someone can do all sorts of things to/around me and i wouldnt be aware. but while conscious they wouldnt get away with it.

then again even i is a construct.

Why would you, being asleep is not being conscious. being aware is like the above poster stated, You could be asleep and dreaming which is still being aware. People have had Out of body experiences while in medically and naturally induced comas. Sleep Paralysis, Monks did a lot of meditation all of these are immobile conscious experiences.

You could also be awake and not be aware of someone doing something to you to it doesn’t mean that you are unconscious i believe it means that that the human body is only limited to our 5 senses.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Well said you’re right it is better understood as awareness and thank you for your post.

I know I that I don’t have the best at grammar and punctuation or have the largest vocabulary but I do know the message Im trying to communicate so about the language part I was talking about the OP it comes from when we hear that little voice in our head the voice you hear when you’re reading, Is that voice not aware do you not think using the language? Have you never thought a really good comeback you could’ve said in an argument that happened two weeks ago?

How would describe that phenomenon without saying the word conscious or consciousness?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: sselemaN
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Because I am simply a state of awareness and pure energy, does a newborn have consciousness if not then which day at what time did it arrive?

Does a man born blind and deaf go to hell because he did not read the Bible and sing Gospel?

So, are you suggesting here that you are a simple state of awareness and pure energy? Now if this is so, is that awareness you speak of a local phenomenon isolated in your specific energy patterns or is it that the awareness is a universal awareness that is experienced by pure energy that coordinates itself as you?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Hi Nameless.

Is it possible that there is a conflation here, between 'consciousness', and 'conscience' ?

Read the OP 4 times, and am kinda getting the vibe that concepts of 'conscience' are inserted, and called 'consciousness'.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Consciousness is the ability to decide how one will interact with the environment. There's absolutely no need for words to use language as it's just a form of communication. Dancing, body language, signs, signals ... every interaction between consciousness is a form of language.
To me denying consciousness is denying life.
proto-consciousness field is the only thing that exists.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Let me give you the key...

τὸ πνεῦμα καὶ ἡ ψυχὴ καὶ τὸ σῶμα

...humans are tripartite beings...
...and even religion has confused πνεῦμα and ψυχὴ

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   

The funny thing about consciousness is you can choose to think it doesn't exist.

I'm pretty sure my consciousness exists as I am experiencing the very thing I am made of, that is, reality.

The problem with your way of thinking is it presumes philosophical materialism is a fact when experiments in quantum mechanics have shown it is a belief system. Here's two good videos on the subject of why consciousness is "the hard problem" of science.

www.youtube.com...

and

www.youtube.com...

The problem with people who believe in philosophical materialism is they ignore half the evidence that comes from the wave-like analog nature of reality. What allows to experience consciousness may have to do with our connection to something much deeper going on in reality we are not able to comprehend. The computer metaphor or matrix idea has way do many limitations to represent what is going on. For example, what is the IT that decides how to resolve the double slit experiment. Where is the IT located. Whatever IT is, it's not a computer but something having experiencing reality the way we experience reality.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

If you think consciousness doesn't exist, then these experiments will blow your mind:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join