It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent consultations in DC & Moscow on reported US-Russian submarine incident

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi
yea man, don't even bother searching for this video on youtube in English, its difficult to even find the right word combination to be translator and then searched in the native language. Thankfully some foreign press allies of truth find them for us sometimes. The June 29 strike on Homs with 5 interceptions and one confirmed strike. There was actually a massive operatin that day, which coincidentally happened the same day the Brits flew their F-35's on their maiden combat flight from Cyprus into Syria in a joint up with US on targets I am reassured that there would have been zero need for the Brits in this OP and whatever the Americans and the Brits struck was completely unrelated to what Israel struck on the same day, despite it being a big op with many more targets hit than usual than it has in some time. I accept this as truth and move on.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

One thing to remember is that, despite participating in multinational exercises such as Red and Blue Flag, Israel doesn't play well with others when it comes to actual operations. Outside some material support, such as AWACS (and that rarely) they almost never participate in actual ops with other countries. And coordinating with them to deconflict is almost out of the question.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Good point. This shows a new level of commitment in escalating tensions between Iran and Israel, as both are now openly threatening the imminent destruction of the other. Luckily there are plenty of video games, movies, tv shows and Trump theater to keep us from even noticing.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I found some information speculating on the nature of the sub itself on twitter. An interesting image went along with that.

Ilya.A—Petya.A's bro
‏ @ain92ru

Replying to @Conflicts

Maybe I shouldn't speculate with so little data, but considering the MoD calls the submersible 'a research vessel' and the number of casualties is so large it seems likely the vessel is a Project 10831 nuclear (!) submarine nicknamed Losharik.
It's 60+ m long and has a crew of 25
A fair amount of the public information about the submarine are reconstructions and speculations due to secrecy, one of the best sources in English being www.hisutton.com... … by @CovertShores and in Russian militaryrussia.ru... … by @DnKornev (4/x)

RBC sources confirm that it is a Losharik indeed
Russian Navy HQ in Severomorsk reports that the radioactivity level in Severomorsk is normal. According to Mash, only one victim of the incident died during the fire itself, while the rest died on their way to hospital or at the hospital, all due to toxic fume poisoning (5/x)
and now some confusing reports that it may have not actually be Losharik but its host after all.
Two sources at the Northern Fleet interviewed by Open Media claim that the fire actually happened not at the small research nuclear sub nicknamed Losharik, but at its host, a larger nuclear sub. One of the sources specified that it's BS-64 Podmoskovye openmedia.io... … (6/)

Well, that was an informative briefing.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This event cant have taken Place a day ago. Do People know how far it is from the coast of Alaska to Murmansk... It is not just a few hours trip under water. Go to google map and see…..

This event if it is as it is being stated...must have taken Place sometime this weekend and not on monday/tuesday.

The sub would probably use at least two days to sail from the coast of Alaska to Murmansk at full speed. Or even much longer time.

If the event is true in some way... That it did take place a day ago. It did not take place around Alaska, but within russian waters and much closer to Murmansk.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Very few people have claimed it was anywhere near Alaska. All even remotely reliable sources say that it was in Russian territorial waters at the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Not many People have made much claimes at all at this time. But one narrative is that the sub was conducting measurements of the seabed just of the coast of Alaska....at the time the event tok place.

I find it har to beleive that this narrative is true. It is to far to sail back to make this kind of headline.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Fake clickbait with "military sources"

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Desperation on psychotic medication(s) 😆

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
You lost me at Debka...

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The northern Pacific (Alaska, et al) is covered by the Russian Pacific Fleet. The Russian submarine involved in the incident is said to have been taken to Severomorsk which is the HQ of the Russian Northern Fleet. Two completely different fleets of the Russian Navy. An incident in the Pacific would have been dealt with by the Russian Pacific Fleet, not he Northern Fleet.

I seriously doubt this Debka story.

ETA - What IS interesting though is the makeup of the killed crew...

First public statement by Putin about the deadly incident on the Northern Fleet: 7 officers out of 14 dead were "captains 1st rank" (Russian equivalent to NATO OF-5/US O-6 captain rank), 2 were Heroes of Russia. Crème de la crème of the Russian Navy (9/x)
— Ilya.A—Petya.A's bro (@ain92ru) July 2, 2019

...and what the Kremlin (Putin) had to say regarding the event...

Vladimir Putin: Mr Shoigu, this is an unusual vessel. We both know that this is a research vessel with a highly professional crew. From your preliminary reports, of the 14 killed, seven were captains and two were Heroes of Russia. This is a huge loss for the fleet and the military in general.

(emphasis by me)

Kremlin

Could this be the elusive and mysterious Russian submarine Project 210 Losharik???

Sure is starting to look that way.

And then there's this curiously specific update on Wikipedia (I know, I know, but take a look)

Losharik
edit on 7/3/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 7/3/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Debka merely sensationalized it, the submarine incident is real. Putin is addressing it.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Uhhh...Debka got the whole ocean wrong, not to mention the Fleet!!! They're not even on the right side of the planet!!!

No denying the incident is real, but Debka couldn't even get the hemisphere of planet Earth correct!!

That's just pure BS!

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

edit on 7/3/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: Double AGAIN...DAMMIT!

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
There wont be any more News about this event comming from russian authorities, they just put a lid on it.

The event have become a state Secret they say…..

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I just watched Iron Sky 2. It's a documentary, obviously.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Not to mention there's absolutely no information about a "Balkan 2000 torpedo" found anywhere. Not even the name.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

...or a Romulan Cloaking Device.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

edit on 7/3/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: Practically every post this morning has been a double.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join