It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Escalating Persistent Attacks on Russia’s Power Grid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Updates to individual outstations aren't the problem. Operating utility networks is done from centralised control rooms and need some degree of connectivity despite the usual autonomy of individual sites. Depends what price you want to put on security of supplies because there is a balance.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wait until Russia fights back. They have almost perfected their "mind control" weapon.

nypost.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
our electrical grid is a train wreck of epic proportions, so at least for the US don't rush to say an outage here is an attack cause its probably the grid failing.

We have bene doing bandaids on a sucking chest wound for decades.
============

If we are attacking the grid of Russia I wish we would stop there is no good reason to do so.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Double

I must still be a noob.
edit on 2-7-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Wait until Russia fights back. They have almost perfected their "mind control" weapon.

nypost.com...

They don't even need mind control with trump bent over for despots like Putin and lil kim.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
whaaa?

edit on 2-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

I don't have the answers and I know very little on the subject but in my mind it just doesn't make sense to have the "power button" accessible to the internet.

Electricity has been around longer then the internet, how was it done then?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

I don't have the answers and I know very little on the subject but in my mind it just doesn't make sense to have the "power button" accessible to the internet.

Electricity has been around longer then the internet, how was it done then?

I am pretty sure that the things running now and the amount of things could not be cared for without the help of computers, we would have to remove all the things that cause the need to begin with.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

The power grid nodes and power plants need to communicate with each other, that is why. The power plant itself not so much but the nodes and smaller regenerative power plants like wind, sun or water.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

It's not just power. I work in the water industry and without remote control/monitoring the job would be impossible without babysitting assets. It's up to the IT/Security bods to secure strategic assets but that is the same in all developed countries.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I work in the solar power industry. Most of the communications I have to do with, is encrypted and through VPN tunnels or similar. Backup links like mobile, sat or laser/optical, in the end I think they all depend on the internet itself, too, I guess.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Exactly, we have top tier security as far as we are concerned but we are reliant upon third parties so have an inherent vulnerability.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join