It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF Built Mach 2 Nuclear Super Bomber.. to Destroy Russia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

What's this? Looks fierce! And Mach 2?

Here they are practicing 'an air strike on Russia':

nationalinterest.org...

Wonder what does Russia have to match. Or maybe a Mach 3?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

That jet was built around 50 years ago.
The Russians have supersonic bombers too,,, the backfire..

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
oh! i was thinking dont USAF have Mach 3 or more by now.. or what DO they build more recently thats nuclear, then?

that maybe carries heavier warhead payload =/

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Britain had one also.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

They're not nuclear, they're nuclear capable. There's a big difference between the two. No one has a Mach 3 bomber. The current nuclear capable bombers are the B-52 and B-2 for the US, and the Tu-95, Tu-160, and Tu-22 for Russia.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni
oh! i was thinking dont USAF have Mach 3 or more by now.. or what DO they build more recently thats nuclear, then?

that maybe carries heavier warhead payload =/

As far as I know the only aircraft we have capable of nuclear weapons delivery are the B-52 and B-2.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Wasn't there a plan to make some of the fighter-bombers nuclear-capable at some point?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Are you trying to stir up some sh!t. The US is at peace for a change.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The vast majority of TacAir is capable of using the B61. There are only a handful that aren't certified.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ahem, the F-15E is Nuke capable...and a bomber disguised as a fighter.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

15E's and 16's can carry B-61's. I know...I used to load them.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Yes, but it's a tactical bomber. The video was discussing a strategic bomber, thus my answer on the strategic level.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

15E's and 16's can carry B-61's. I know...I used to load them.

I used to fuel em, but I served from 2004-2016. I don't think they were carrying those weapons much, although I wouldn't know. I'm not a weapons expert, and they almost always loaded bombs separately from fueling anyway.

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The vast majority of TacAir is capable of using the B61. There are only a handful that aren't certified.

I thought I read somewhere the 15s and 16s could carry them. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

My God! The B-58 Hustler. I wish we could all go back in time and experience one of those flying over at mach 1.5.

IIRC, the B-58 served from 1960 to 1970. Just pure power...

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

America had one nuclear-powered plane and it was that dangerous that the could not even run the thing powered up because the radiation shielding was insufficient, they suspected it may melt through the bottom of the plane. Test purposes only really.

There was Project Pluto a nuclear reactor powered massive cruise missile, all the same, that actually had potential in a MAD world, crazy beyond belief potential.
edit on 2-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The nuke power was tested in northern Georgia that's a park now if I recall.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
prototype but never mass produced
B-70 Valkyrie
yes, designed to cover USSR

mach 2+

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-7-2019 by ElGoobero because: add kewl pic

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

America had one nuclear-powered plane and it was that dangerous that the could not even run the thing powered up because the radiation shielding was insufficient, they suspected it may melt through the bottom of the plane. Test purposes only really.

There was Project Pluto a nuclear reactor powered massive cruise missile, all the same, that actually had potential in a MAD world, crazy beyond belief potential.

We did have one! My understanding though was that we resolved the radiation issues for the pilots but with public opinion/sentiment being so negative towards all things nuclear ☢️ made it untenable to sell the idea to the public - serious concerns about how people would react to something like that flying over and possibly crashing in or near a populated area.

The tech did work though - and that was 50+ years ago!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is what we almost perfected so long ago the Russians have to be feeling really dumb right now. We cancelled it when some came to their senses and after seeing ICBMs come to the forefront it was decided it was not needed.

This is exactly what Russia is trying to copy now and yes this is what blew up recently and has contaminated the entire area. Russia trying to copy our ancient tech LMAO. What is not funny is the whole world should be jumping down their throat for even considering such a weapon like this today and Poseidon.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join