It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Democrats?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I think we need to be really careful here and DEFINE what it is we mean by "resist" and "all or nothing"

Is someone trying to spin that in a way to sound like "Real democrats are against fixing the conditions at these detention centers by voting against increases to their funding"

However true that is, its a HALF TRUTH becoming disjointed from the actual goal.

The FULL TRUTH is, yes, Resist and OPPOSE funding increases to these facilities, because instead, these facilities should be SHUT DOWN and CLOSED. We shouldn't be putting people into internment camps to begin with for simply crossing illegally.

Lucidparadox;

The terms "resist" and "all or nothing" where my own commentary on the interview with Democratic Representative Norma TorresĀ on the conditions of some detention facilities on the southern border; they do not appear in the interview itself.

And yours is a valid question; did I use those terms in order to "spin" this in a way to sound like "Real democrats are against fixing the conditions at these detention centers by voting against increases to their funding"? That certainly was not my intention, and I do apologize if that's how my OP came across.

However this is not merely a simply diffrence of opinion with in the Democrat party leadership. You don't call your party colleagues inflammatory names like "Trump Democrats" over a simply disagreement in policy direction. Clearly Representative Norma TorresĀ is more than just unhappy with those in her part who voted for this bill because she disagrees with it. She is attemptinf to vilify them in a way that is most abrasive for her part members... by implying that they are some how being controlled by Donald Trump... rather than simply seeing a need for humanitarian funding and filling it.

If that is not a "resist" and "all or nothing" mentality on the part of Representative Norma Torres I really don't know what would live up to those terms.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: DanDanDat

Good. Let the far Left force moderates to "Walk Away" and vote Trump. It's the ultimate end result of 3 years+ of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Truthfully I also welcome the far left forcing moderates to reevaluate their positions and their alliance with the far left. It's my opinion that our countries future prosperity relies on these moderate Democrats taking back their party and inacting both compassionate yet pragmatic policies.

<< 1   >>

join