It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cockroaches are evolving to a point where they’ll be nearly impossible to kill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
They did the same claim with antibiotic resistance in germs, but it is actually reversible. If you remove the exposure to the toxin, the populations quickly reverse back to being vulnerable to the poison again. It's not evolution, it's a change in epigenetic expression, which works with pre-existent genes. In other words, there are no new genes, instead certain genes are turned higher or lower to adapt to the poison.

for example, in this report: epigenetic inheritance and antibiotic resistance they found that antibiotic resistance was due to the increase of a particular gene that create detox pumps... thus allowing the microbes more resistance to antibiotics. Once the antibiotic was removed, the gene expression for the detox pump returned to normal, and the germ line was no longer antibiotic resistant. It's not evolution, it's adaptation via epigenetic mechanisms using genes that are already present.

These epigenetic alterations are also inheritable, explaining how newborn cockroaches also have this resilience. But these changes cannot go outside of the particular bounds of the genetic code. This article is just evolutionists jumping to conclusions and grasping at straws. We aren't mutant apes.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I always thought that stepping on cockroaches was a bad idea in case you crush one that is carrying eggs, which then get spread around carpets, mats, rugs etc.

Am i right or wrong on that one?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We will all have to keep a chicken in the kitchen!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

No, you could kill em, you just can't kill em all

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Religious people would explain it as god doing everything by hand before he invested copy/paste.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Strate8

You spay chems on them and some die. The ones that live learn to either live with or metabolize the poison!

Then they lay eggs... then their offspring lays eggs... then they don’t die when you spray them. The soap trick is a good one!

Sonic deterrence also works so people don’t have to see them (in the bathrooms, storage room, uh... restaurant...)

|_/
(_)
/~|

Hehehe....
edit on 2-7-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Weird bbcode editor!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

It does much resemble the clamor of "one hand clapping".

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: vonclod

The Rats might fair just as well if not better.

Their intelligence can be rather astonishing at times.

And they also have the ability to mutate so their next generation of offspring are immune or at least a lot less susceptible to toxins and poisons.

Yes, all that and prolific breeding!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Most of the people don't know that kill the roach doesn't solve the problem, it's actually worse. The babies living between the legs of the roach will come out and spread.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
just give them a shot of antibiotics!

then they will stop evolving to fight with there own bodies

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Cockroaches would likely survive on mars or venus being constantly bombarded by cosmic rays. And yet somehow people think that spraying them with a bit of a concoction will get rid of them?

Off course they will get used and adapt to any and all sprays you make, why act surprised?

They will likely out survive the human race as well. And well going by the human definition of survival of the fittest, that just means that everything you see around you, from homes to computers to satellites and cars to the internet and skyscrapers. Mean absolutely jack when the cockroach will outlast all that, and then some.

Now who is the advanced species, when a hundred thousand years from now, or a million, they will still be crawling around doing what cockroaches do, and we all will be long dead and dust and forgoten?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Like I said, it’s only the really large spiders that get offed.
If they’re close to a window or door I’ll just move them out with the broom, but if they’ve made their way to some corner in the house then tough luck...

South African rain spiders can be huge, their bite isn’t deadly but can cause complications but worst is spider urine. It causes burns to human skin. Seen it more than once.

Also, they have 8 legs, to freaky for me

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I thought evolution took millions of years? How long ago did this study begin?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Ive been slowly huffing on Zyclon B for the last 20 years, I can take a few hours now and my kids can do days, however, my grandson has slept in a room with an open can since birth and he is 7 now.

Bring it on Jeremy Corbin.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join