It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What movie is this from - Post nuclear attacked US by NK - 5-6 people in basement months after

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm trying to remember the name of the movie that was made in the last 10 or so years. The story starts with a number of random people in the basement of NY (I think) that is a prepper's bunker. I think they either can't get out, they are sealed inside, maybe the outside doors are welded closed. Also, I don't think anyone remembers how they got there, or only a couple do. They don't know who attacked them either.

At some point some people come to the outside basement door and open it (torches?) and there are guys in biosuits (blue iirc) and this form of enclosed walkways that protect from either a biohazard or nuclear radiation. The intruders take either the young or young women - basically those who can procreate - and carry them off back to their base. They might find out it is NK at this point or soon after.

The men in the group form some kind of rescue plan and then go and seek out the hostages.

While they are in the basement, the bulk of the movie, there is a lot of tension between all the people, fights, arguements and such. I think food is low, they are rationing and they are trying to make a plan for exodus.

I think there might have been a major/semi major male star in the movie, maybe the age of James Franco or something.

So does anyone know the movie I'm talking about? I have no idea what it was called and I'm trying to find it again.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

The Divide, 2011 (??)
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

Yes. I'm looking at it now and I think I was wrong about it being NK, but I remember there was talk in the movie that it was them b/c there was a person who was asian. As it turns out it was most likely an inside job - the gov doing it to their own.

Thank you for posting that!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

My pleasure. Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I'm trying to remember the name of the movie that was made in the last 10 or so years. The story starts with a number of random people in the basement of NY (I think) that is a prepper's bunker. I think they either can't get out, they are sealed inside, maybe the outside doors are welded closed. Also, I don't think anyone remembers how they got there, or only a couple do. They don't know who attacked them either.

At some point some people come to the outside basement door and open it (torches?) and there are guys in biosuits (blue iirc) and this form of enclosed walkways that protect from either a biohazard or nuclear radiation. The intruders take either the young or young women - basically those who can procreate - and carry them off back to their base. They might find out it is NK at this point or soon after.

The men in the group form some kind of rescue plan and then go and seek out the hostages.

While they are in the basement, the bulk of the movie, there is a lot of tension between all the people, fights, arguements and such. I think food is low, they are rationing and they are trying to make a plan for exodus.

I think there might have been a major/semi major male star in the movie, maybe the age of James Franco or something.

So does anyone know the movie I'm talking about? I have no idea what it was called and I'm trying to find it again.

It’s called “The Sound of Music” 😉

Humour off/

On a more serious note and if you are into that kind of thing (Which we all here on ATS know you do...) then “Red Dawn” is a pretty funny movie depicting how all those nasty evil foreigners invade your land.

Go for it Dig... Enjoy your trip.

And above all.. (and only my humble suggestion) Enjoy reality and try to make that peaceful change with much diplomacy if you can.

Lags
edit on 2-7-2019 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

At first I thought you were talking about - 'Blast from the Past' - with Brendan Fraser (which was a GREAT movie!)

Oh well, I'll see myself out.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

It’s called “The Sound of Music” 😉

Humour off/

On a more serious note and if you are into that kind of thing (Which we all here on ATS know you do...) then “Red Dawn” is a pretty funny movie depicting how all those nasty evil foreigners invade your land.

Go for it Dig... Enjoy your trip.

And above all.. (and only my humble suggestion) Enjoy reality and try to make that peaceful change with much diplomacy if you can.

Lags

I came across Red Dawn in my search but I've actually never seen either of the versions. I know the popular "wolverines" line but that's it.

As far as The Divide, boy, it was a nasty movie. I forgot about the sexual sub plot where the people devolve into these sadistic animals. It's really gross and I have to really question this plot line (yeah, the whole plot is questionable, but this part even more so). The movie seems to take place over a couple days and it seems like they devolve by the minute. I can't imagine people going that nuts that quickly but IDK what the average person can handle. It is really scary if this is even a semi accurate portrayal of how someone's psyche can break down in a situation like this. It seems like the people in the basement never really faced hardship (besides the prepper) and had no idea how to handle the stress, so they ended up turning into animals that focused on depraved sex to escape from the reality.

If this is anywhere near what might be "normal" or average (maybe it's dependent upon area/population??) then it speaks HIGHLY of not offering assistance to any outsiders. The only guy who had prepared was turned on by the group, tortured, mutilated and held hostage (after he saved all their lives multiple times & provided food/shelter for them) b/c they were so damn selfish.

I'd love to hear anyone elses opinions who has seen this movie. I remember the movie "The Road" as well which had people similar to this who had turned into cannibals after awhile (post event) - and I'm sure something like that would happen b/c it already happens in various countries around the world with an existing & highly functional society (and food source)!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ha look's like I posted a reply on the wrong thread, hiding in a basement though hmm, fair enough if it is a tornado or something but otherwise when that house come's down were is it all going to fall?.

Could it have been one of the Red Dawn series of movies?.

Funny thing that Hollywood, if NK did strike the US then an automated response they would have no way or controlling would both remove them from the map of the world entirely as well as rendering much of east Asia completely uninhabitable AND it would trigger world war three, probably have just as many nukes hitting our island as well so we would vanish from the map as a viable nation and our surviving naval and military asset's would then fall under surviving US military control since we in blighty are pretty much tied at the hip to the US as far as our defense forces are concerned, we have not got much but what we had left would then be at the command and control disposal of the surviving NATO (read into that US) command chain and white elephant or not even if just one of those sub's survived it would be enough to end any of the world powers that threatened what was left of the US whom would be expected in the aftermath to try to rebuild the world and to save what was left of our own Elite with a long term plan to rebuild our nation as well.

Meanwhile much of Europe and Russia as well as China would be in pretty much the same boat with most conventional forced wiped out, almost all except a few holdout nuclear weapon's having been used and all major city's devastated, crop's doomed to failure in the radioactive nuclear winter that would follow.

The Next 50 years would see third world powers becoming the new super powers, South American Nation's becoming the most likely top dog in the new world order and what was left of the population of the NEW third world trying to cross the borders and begging for help and aid from these nation's which would remember the crime's of the past all too clearly and how those now asking them for help had once impoverished them and left them to suffer.

Yeah wonderful future for all concerned, the only person who would want a nuclear war would be a total and utter lunatic - even had the Russian's succeeded in building there doomsday weapon this would still be the most likely outcome, in a hundred years some of the city's would have been rebuilt but the old super powers would be as spent as ancient Rome, Egypt, Carthage and Persia.

Peace is the only way forward but there will always be some suicidal lunatic wanting to wave his cowboy hat as he rides that bomb into the ground.

Of course there is always a danger that a member of an ultra elite, that may have state of the art production facility's fully automated, robotic soldiers and automated underground farm's and deep underground city's complete with large simulated open air park's and simulated day light far from the danger of the surface just maybe you may want to keep a separate stock pile of nuke weapon's and destroy everyone else or try to use such a war to reset the game table back to the beginning thinking that they can then come back out when it is safe to do so and take control making themselves into emperors and god's over the lowly broken remnant of mankind, many get drunk on power and there is a reason it is called being drunk, even the most powerful do not always act rationally even when they convince themselves that they are indeed acting rational.

edit on 2-7-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join