It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming versus the population bomb . Not falling for manipulation again .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This form feels the most appropriate for this thread .

I lived through this on the tail end of it. I was in my early 20’s and a screaming liberal. I believed and fought for it with everything I had.

Now I realize what a fool I was .

As 1968 began, Paul Ehrlich was an entomologist at Stanford University, known to his peers for his groundbreaking studies of the co-evolution of flowering plants and butterflies but almost unknown to the average person. That was about to change. In May, Ehrlich released a quickly written, cheaply bound paperback, The Population Bomb. Initially it was ignored. But over time Ehrlich’s tract would sell millions of copies and turn its author into a celebrity. It would become one of the most influential books of the 20th century—and one of the most heatedly attacked.

[The first sentence set the tone: “The battle to feed all of humanity is over.” And humanity had lost. In the 1970s, the book promised, “hundreds of millions of people are going to starve to death.” No matter what people do, “nothing can prevent a substantial increase in the world death rate.

Smithsonian

Paul Ehrlich; The outlook was bleak famine, social/economic collapse and hundreds of millions of people would die around the world.

Al Gore: Famine, social/economic collapse and millions will die.

Paul: Ehrlich: We must Cut the population growth to zero.

Al gore: we must cut carbon omissions to zero.

Paul Ehrlich: We have a moral duty.

Al gore: We have a moral duty.

Paul Ehrlich: Institute a tax for families with more children.

Al gore: we need a carbon tax.

Paul Ehrlich: Sterilization to force people not to have children.

Al Gore: Eliminate fossil fuel‘s to neutralize carbon emissions.

The population bomb gain steam through the 70s and 80s with believers even to this day.

Belief in Global warming is still growing to this day.

Funding

Paul Ehrlich: can’t find anything.

Al Gore: Can’t find anything. (hopefully somebody can help me with both)

Benefactors.....

The population bomb: Environmental groups, commercial agriculture and most notably because of its main position and the time it was released planned parenthood. ( Roe vs Wade 1973)

Global warming: environmental groups, green energy and The Democratic Party.

Does anyone else notice a pattern?

I didn’t touch on the coming Ice Age doom (that I also bought) which from memory followed the same criteria.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence. It looks more like a blueprint.

This is the main reason I’m so skeptical today about the man-made portion of global warming. People are making a buck of it and furthering their agendas. Along with controlling a large part of the population.

Wiki

edit on 1-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
thanks for the pity flag whoever you are .

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

The left found out a long time ago that if you feed your base fear then they live on that and don't think rationally.

Keep them thinking that America was founded illegitimately and and we were never a good country.

Keep impressing on them that we don't have much longer to live because of something we don't have any control over but if they pay enough and give up enough control, the government can fix that.

It keeps the base mad and embarrassed about where they came from and mad and scared about where we are going.

That way the base never lives in the present so can't think things through.

Which is why the left's base is always pissed off and hates everything.

Which is why this is eventually coming...

Only difference is they thought they would be in control of the government by now.

Oops.

edit on 1-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
thanks for the pity flag whoever you are .

No problem.

Agree that there is similarity between the hysterics... not much else to add.

The big question for me is, why? Why all the histrionics about climate change if there there is plenty of data to prove otherwise or at least call into question the panic?

We know progressives don't take facts and logic into consideration, so who knows what the actual motivations may be and who is pulling the strings.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Make up a world-ending problem... supply a solution.

A solution that invariably means less freedom for the population and more control by the government.

Progressivism 101.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The Right found out that they were wrong but because their supporters have such deep pockets it doesn’t matter what some skinny white kid says... or a bunch of “lesser class” people.

Like the Big Bang, but in the forward direction, here we stand with rocks, bullets, and blame all the way around.

Anyone arguing, “the Left” or, “the Right...” is missing the point...

THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT!!!

Status quo to bilk billions of worthless money from people who know better and want change. As long as it is the same crap we are chocking on... that is all they want. No, “We are not going to ridicule you for being wrong,” but you have to at least try!!

Screw both sides!! I want a ride with Astr0 on of the really big triangles off this rock and you can all Hunger Games/Logan’s Run it out to the finish with Mad Max!

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

The left found out a long time ago that if you feed your base fear then they live on that and don't think rationally.

Keep them thinking that America was founded illegitimately and and we were never a good country.

Keep impressing on them that we don't have much longer to live because of something we don't have any control over but if they pay enough and give up enough control, the government can fix that.

It keeps the base mad and embarrassed about where they came from and mad and scared about where we are going.

That way the base never lives in the present so can't think things through.

Which is why the left's base is always pissed off and hates everything.

Quite true.

Progressive voters are mushrooms. Keep them in the dark and feed them BS.
edit on 7/1/19 by Ksihkehe because: Clipped quote for size

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Poverty makes people copulate more. What we need is better paying jobs so woman can afford birth control.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yep you’re hundred percent right . Do you remember the John podesta emails ?

“ conspired to create a unaware and compliant citizenry “

That says everything.

I’m not sure on the policy at ATS so I’ve only posted that email once .

There might be some truth behind it, in this case gradual warming .

But main objective of these crises is to be a tool to control the younger generation and their base.

They target their heart and conscience .

I took this position quite a while back.

But until now I never put pen to paper .

Fool me once shame on me .

Fool me twice shame on you .

Not going to be a third time .

top topics

join