It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says border agents make detainees drink from TOILETS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Wait. Even before AOC got elected haven't the DNC been trying to get more money for the most needy in this country?

Isn't AOC a big fan of wealth distribution so the lower and middle classes that have suffered since Reagan, can get a slice of the massive amount of money that has been going to the 1%?

It's absolutely hilarious how many people that are opposed to AOC try to bring up the poor and homeless in this country as an argument against her. It wasn't that long ago that you guys pretty much wanted to cut funding to every form of welfare.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Obviously, it's not part of their narrative. Democrats view immigrants as an asset, which is why they view ICE and any type of immigration enforcement as "inhumane."

You know what's inhumane? Allowing our vets and homeless to struggle, while the Democrats give illegal immigrants driver's licenses, tuition free education and free healthcare.

In 2018, an article stated that American citizens financed $18.5 billion in health care in 2016 for unauthorized immigrants:

All told, Americans cross-subsidize health care for unauthorized immigrants to the tune of $18.5 billion a year . Of this total, federal taxpayers provided $11.2 billion in subsidized care to unauthorized immigrants in 2016 .

www.forbes.com...

And let us not forget what the Democratic platform was in 1996:

Today's Democratic Party also believes we must remain a nation of laws. We cannot tolerate illegal immigration and we must stop it. For years before Bill Clinton became President, Washington talked tough but failed to act. In 1992, our borders might as well not have existed. The border was under-patrolled, and what patrols there were, were under-equipped. Drugs flowed freely. Illegal immigration was rampant. Criminal immigrants, deported after committing crimes in America, returned the very next day to commit crimes again.

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

Today, the Democrats could care less about the needs of struggling AMERICAN CITIZENS. It's all about pandering to their base:

edit on 7/2/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Let's turn that finger back around. The GOP had control of Congress for years, including two years where they also held the Presidency. Why didn't they give more money to the VA during that period?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Maybe we should send Taco Barbie over to someplace like Malaysia to see how they deal with illegal aliens like the Indonesians and Bangladeshis. There, they toss them into the bottoms of recently emptied cargo ships from their host countries and let them bake in the Malaysian sun until the ship's hold is full (and I mean "FULL") before they'll let the ships leave port. The illegal alien's "bed" is their own excrement (if they even have room to lay down) and the excrement of others and the only drinking water comes from the bilge where all that sewage drains into! Their Bangladeshi and Indonesian captains don't even bother counting the dead on way home, they just toss the bodies over the side for the sharks to eat. Easier on everyone that way.

Taco Barbie wants something to cry about...that'll give her something to cry about!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

"Hey! There are other human rights violations occurring in the world. Let's ignore our own!"

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

When was the last time The Senate had a 60% Republican majority ?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

No, it's not called ignoring the problem, it's called...perspective!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What a fun way to pass the buck.

"Hey! We're a party of losers so nothing is our fault. But please give us credit for anything good that happens!"
edit on 7/2/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

(post by Xcalibur254 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I find AOC to be an exceptionally bright revolutionary.

Its awesome that she gets so much media coverage. It makes me feel as if the true political identity of the left wing constituency is finally mainstream.

Its great that politicians such as AOC, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren are forcing the other Dems to lean further left because of the aforementioned candidates immense support in the Democratic constituency.

She is doing such an incredible job drawing attention to all the injustices, and proposing radical ideas that would never be thought appropriate enough in the past. She really is a revolutionary, and she is changing the political landscape for the better.

She isnt afraid to say the things other people are afraid to say.

The whole concept of imprisoning immigrants, their spouses, parents, and children for flooding across our border to find a better life is the most un-American thing I can fathom.

What in that practice demonstrates Liberty, Freedom, and the pursuit of happiness?

NOTHING

Open the Borders and let USA be an open Beacon and a safe haven for those wanting a better life.

Thats how we started, thats how we should continue.

Our immigration process discriminates against people of low income, education, and skin color. By being in favor of our current pathways to citizenship you are actively supporting discrimination. Which doesn't represent the ideals our country was built on.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Anything she says should be met with laughter.

She is very unintelligent.

Same person who didint know what a garbage compactor was in her sink

Try and refrain posting any comments I'm threads about her.

Let her fade away

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Lots of stuff in The Senate needs that pesky 3/5ths to pass 😬

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Why should people that come from a lower income bracket be laughed at?

I thought the GOP were trying to position themselves as the party of the working class.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess the GOP should try some of that compromise stuff they always demand from everyone else.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

So. Ummm... yay communism?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Wait. Even before AOC got elected haven't the DNC been trying to get more money for the most needy in this country?

Oh please, a large majority of the needy, are so, because of democratic policies or are you not paying attention? Why are democratic ran cities the biggest #holes in this country? I’m sure you have an excuse for that too? Must be them Republicans Right?

You really think it’s “absolutely hilarious” that people bring up the fact that we have homeless veterans and citizens being completely ignored by AOC and the likes while she’s more concerned about a GD sink that’s not working in a illegal immigrant detention facility or to busy being horrified by a empty parking lot?

Your rebuttals are pathetic at best.

I guess I can see defending your party to some degree but why the hell would you pick the dumbest and most ignorant clown of the bunch to defend? You certainly have your work cut out for you.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox
And crack is whack.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
AOC should be cleaning toilets!🤬

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The homeless will inevitably head towards population centers. That gives them the best odds of making money.

Sorry that when it comes down to the Law of Averages the populace leans Left. I guess that bursts the bubble of belief that the majority of the country leans Right.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The homeless will inevitably head towards population centers. That gives them the best odds of making money.

Sorry that when it comes down to the Law of Averages the populace leans Left. I guess that bursts the bubble of belief that the majority of the country leans Right.

Yeah sure, whatever you say. LOL

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join