It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says border agents make detainees drink from TOILETS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

when you are feeling harassed and or intimidated what do YOU, personally do? I will even make this easy and make it a mutiple choice question.

a. cry and whine
b. call your representitive
c. tell a cop
d. go home

I and other reasonable people most likely pick the same answer.

wise people avoid getting harassed and intimidated to begin with and try to avoid actions to bring them on.

AOC thinks putting seeds in dirt is "like magic" and her garbage disposal "talks to her"

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Why don't you explain to us why we should believe anything AOC says? She continually twists the truth in order for media attention and to satisfy her huge ego. Remember her recent "staged" photo shoot at the border? Sorry, but she has lost all credibility IMO.

edit on 7/2/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

All the other Reps that visited with her corroborate her story.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

why did AOC not vote for more funding to help "the poor caged people" she voted AGAINST it

can you explain that? she is very concerned but that is all, she doesn't want to fix it, she is just concerned.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Once again, how does psychological and physical abuse stem from lack of funding?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Gojira54

Got proof for that? Because what she was told is pretty consistent with what is coming out of pretty much every facility?

YOU got proof of that?
I understand there is video of the facilities so the lies will be vetted.
Care to wager on the lady who doesn't know how toilets work?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Like I said, the other Reps that visited with AOC corroborate her story. That's at least more supporting evidence than anyone claiming she's lying has.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Like I said, the other Reps that visited with AOC corroborate her story. That's at least more supporting evidence than anyone claiming she's lying has.

So you who ask others for proof have none yourself, just bs tweets?
You do understand aoc does not fundamentally understand how the sinks and toilets in that facility function?

I do not think the situation is ideal. I do hold congress(which aoc is a part of) responsible for the facilities.
Lets see how much she does to remedy the situation upon her return to dc.
I bet she doesnt do anything other than grandstand.
Do you think she can actually write a bill?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

How can you say she doesn't understand how those toilets work? The ones running the facility came out and said that the sink in that cell wasn't working so they needed to use the toilet for water. Isn't that pretty much what she said?

In terms of funding, most of these facilities are run by a private contractor. Isn't it funny that the company that got the contract has a number of ex-Trump officials on the board, including John Kelly who joined the board right before the contract got awarded? Isn't it also funny how this contract was awarded with no competition?

It seems to me if this situation was actually about funding, this administration would have shopped around for the best contract instead of giving it to as group of people that have taken advantage of the government's revolving door.

By the way, didn't this administration say they were going to get rid of the revolving door (aka the Swamp?)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I don't know , the interview with the immigration officials and now this....
www.foxnews.com...

Hispanic pastors tour border facility lambasted by AOC and say they are ‘shocked by misinformation’

Cause its not like aoc hasn't lied before.....

dailycaller.com...

When asked by a reporter if she actually witnessed somebody drink out of a toilet, the freshman Democrat rolled up her car window and drove off.

oh and then there is this gem:

www.theblaze.com...

Meanwhile, Washington Examiner reporter Anna Giaritelli reported that CBP agents did not instruct a migrant to drink from a toilet. Rather, a migrant drank from a toilet over confusion on how to operate the sink/toilet combination used at detention centers, similar to those used in jails.

So you go right ahead and believe taco barbie, I don't.
Are the conditions good, no I don't think they are.
Are they as terrible as advertised by lying politicians , no I don't think so.
Too bad it is those same lying politicians that haven't properly funded the migrants, or changed the immigrations laws that we ALL know need to be changed.
They are too busy with mah rushia to care about the migrants.
You remember the mah rushia crap for the last 3 years don't ya?

the voters do

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
Most of these facilities were built by "Southern Steel" of San Antonio Texas. Their prototypical fixture:

Southern Steel unifixture

It is designed to save water, and is made so that inmates cannot pry it off the floor. It also has zero exposed screw heads, so that inmates cannot sharpen shanks on the burrs of the screw slots.

They aren't drinking from the toilet, unless they've made some "prison wine" in the bowl. (the sink part is hard to stop up, so you cannot mix koolaid and yeast and have it set long enough to ferment...._)

It's funny, when I saw the OP's headline this is exactly what I thought about. I did a security job once at a prison which was under construction and that's what they had. Just like AOC to twist things all out of proportion.

BTW...if you ever have an opportunity to work on a prison project...run as fast as you can in the other direction!! They suck!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

how does psychological and physical abuse stem from lack of funding?

How does it not?

According to what we are being told, a non-functioning sink is physical and psychological abuse. Those sinks, believe it or not, cost this thing called "money." They also break on occasion, and fixing them costs more of that thing called "money." Clean facilities require - *gasp* - cleaning! Cleaning services cost... you guessed it!... money!

Money for this comes form Congress. AOC is a member of Congress. AOC has consistently opposed giving CBP any money, and now AOC is complaining that CBP doesn't have enough money to fix the sinks. That's a slum lord, or at least she would be if she wasn't a member of Congress with a 'D' next to her name. She's instead a hero somehow.

If I were her, I would be protecting that letter with my life... with it, she's a hero; without it, she's a slum lord.

Either way, she's an ignoramus who you seem to support without question.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay
So much hate you throw her way it looks like you are jealous! If you don't carezl why so much time spent on her? She dumb as a rock, so let her go away?

We do, she just keeps coming back with shiny gifts.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

How do things like preventing people from sleeping save money? That's just one of many things that guards are reportedly doing to the inmates.

Like I said before, if funding is an issue, why did this administration give a $340 million no-bid contract to a company that has a number of ex-Trump administration officials on its board to run a number of these camps? You would think that if you're trying to save money you would shop around instead of automatically giving the contract to the company your ex-Chief of Staff just happened to join right before the contract was awarded.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

How does it not?

According to what we are being told, a non-functioning sink is physical and psychological abuse. Those sinks, believe it or not, cost this thing called "money." They also break on occasion, and fixing them costs more of that thing called "money." Clean facilities require - *gasp* - cleaning! Cleaning services cost... you guessed it!... money!

Money for this comes form Congress. AOC is a member of Congress. AOC has consistently opposed giving CBP any money, and now AOC is complaining that CBP doesn't have enough money to fix the sinks.

Could I buy a vowel for $100 please?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

How does it not?

Plus, no inmate, ever damaged a sink on purpose. Southern steel just likes the Kunsthause-inspired look of stainless. A few thousand immigrants coming through there a month, not one of them is a vandal or a gang-member carving her initials into the side of toilet. Or doing something like flushing a set of handcuffs down the toilet. The thousands of people coming there for "help" dictate that equipment be pretty fred-flintstone style.

And some of them, I'm sure, are fine people.
edit on 2-7-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Now this: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

I agree 100%.

And please do not think I am saying Americans have it hard in life even incarcerated offenders live better than 75% of world population even with the horrible treatment and unhealthy living situations.

Most of world pop would give anything to have fresh water facet and a flushable toilet even if they are attached.

I was just adding a little perspective to her oblivious and uninformed self as to what drinking water from a toilet really means when a person is arrested.

Someone probably told her "they drink water from the toilet" referencing the photo I posted. But what she envisioned was actually drinking water from the toilet bowl on from the attached sink.

Idk just a little insight from experience as well as a assumptions towards her thinking because idk wth shes talking about.. I havent been to ice jail but I'm thinking they are newer and more modern than the Texas prisons built in 1910 and never remodeled that have held inmates consistently for over 100yrs.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Txbuffalo

CBP have even admitted that the sink in that cell wasn't working so the inmates had to get water from the toilet.

So how was she wrong?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Maybe if you and AOC pissed and moaned about this and actually did something about it, then..........

maybe we could talk about this.

Until you put your money where your mouth is and address the citizens that have it much worse that any immigrant in any detention center, then maybe you and AOC should just STFU.

Or do you really care about the conditions some humans have to live in?

If you do, then prove it by helping your fellow citizen that would do anything to be living in detention center conditions.

Yes, I know many don't care if their situation improves but there are many that do care and need help. Any plans or complaints about the conditions they're in? Or are they not part of your narrative and on your agenda list?
edit on 2-7-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join