It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Forces ‘Hero’ Who Was Stabbed By Terrorists On London Bridge To Undergo ‘De-Radicalization

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

A man famously lauded as a “hero” in 2017 for fighting off terrorists on the London Bridge has been forced by British authorities to attend “de-radicalization” classes “over fears he may become extremist” after being stabbed eight times, British papers reported.

UK Forces ‘Hero’ Who Was Stabbed By Terrorists On London Bridge To Undergo ‘De-Radicalization’

I was scrolling through my bookmarks, catching up on today's news, when this article from the Daily Caller caught my eye. I was in disbelief over this particular article, thinking that perhaps I misinterpreted the headline. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I also found the same report on jihadwatch.org:

He wasn’t put on the watch list for anything he did, but only because “he was contacted by far-right yobs.” The Daily Mail, the worst paper in the Western world, doesn’t deign to tell us who the “far-right yobs” were, so there is no way to tell if they were actual neo-Nazis or simply patriotic Britons hoping to stave off jihad violence and the spread of Sharia. The two are routinely lumped together in both the British and American establishment media. In any case, now Larner has to attend “deradicalization” classes and the police, who routinely turn a blind eye to jihad activity, are monitoring him. As Britain circles the drain.

www.jihadwatch.org...

Roy Larner fought off the terrorists in the 2017 London Bridge attack with his bare hands, even though they were armed with knives.

Forty-nine-year-old Roy Larner became known as the “Lion of London Bridge” after three Jihadis in a van plowed into a crowd of people on London Bridge before stalking from building to building, killing seven people and eventually reaching the Black and Blue pub where Larner was drinking with friends.

“They had these long knives and started shouting about Allah. Then it was, ‘Islam, Islam, Islam,’” Larner said. “Like an idiot I shouted back at them … I took a few steps towards them and said, ‘F--- you, I’m Millwall,'” he said, referring to his favorite soccer team.

He fought them off with his bare fists, sustaining serious stab wounds all over his body but allowing dozens of other patrons to escape.

The BBC called him a “hero,” Brits pushed for him to be awarded one of England’s highest honors, the George Cross medal, and a Swedish brewery named a beer after him.

dailycaller.com...

So now, Britain is concerned that he'll become an anti-Islam extremist, because he was supposedly contacted by anti-Islam supporters.

But Roy has since been placed on the Government’s Prevent programme amid fears he could become an extremist after he was contacted by anti-Islam supporters. He has had to attend de-radicalisation classes and is being monitored by cops. Roy said: “They treat me like a terrorist but I’m not political at all.”

www.thesun.co.uk...

The guy didn't seek out contact with this “far right” group...they came to him. Now, he's labeled a potential threat.

It's official...the UK has become a third world # hole, because their leaders "have all fallen to the Liberal Left and its Politically Correct, Cultural Marxism." How true.

In Britain we’ve imported the Third World and we’re rapidly becoming a third World country a #hole. Sadiq Khan’s London is a #hole. My native country is in a very sorry state, all due to the policies of the LibLabCon, these parties have all fallen to the Liberal Left and its Politically Correct, Cultural Marxism: there is no reason we have to accept this.

independencedaily.co.uk...

edit on 7/1/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Seriously I feel as if I have slipped into the Twilight Zone!

What the hell are de-radicalization classes?!? Why don't they call it what it is.....brainwashing.

Nice way to treat a hero.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

Seriously I feel as if I have slipped into the Twilight Zone!

What the hell are de-radicalization classes?!? Why don't they call it what it is.....brainwashing.

Nice way to treat a hero.

When a sheepdog is found within the flock, you need to remove him and change him back into a sheep. Can't have too many sheepdogs watching your flock, it will diminish your relevance as their only sheepdog.

SMFH

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

It's official...the UK has become a third world # hole, because their leaders "have all fallen to the Liberal Left and its Politically Correct, Cultural Marxism." How true.

While I agree he should be labled a hero for what he did that day, when did it become "official" the "UK has become a third world # hole", who announced that "officially" or is it just "unofficial opinion"

And his hero status does not absolve him of any other crimes, from the same paper on 25 Apr 2019

‘Lion of London Bridge’ Millwall fan who fought off terrorists to be released from jail after breaching restraining order on mum

The Millwall fan then launched into a racist outburst at his local MP's office in Brixton. He later admitted racially aggravated common assault and religiously aggravated harassment. Larner was sentenced to eight weeks, suspended for 12 months, for spitting on the photographer and fined £50 for his abuse at the MP's office

video of incident

lion of london spared jail for spitting

Does your headline mean he was a soldier also, as I can find no link to him being ex army (makes no odds though), I hope he keeps his hero status as long as he deserves it, which by his other actions may not be that long

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I'm not sure but if I was stabbed eight times by some nut jobs screaming Allah and Islam at me I may become a bit judgemental towards the religion.

I wouldn't think that would classify me as a radical, do you?

edit on 1-7-2019 by 4891morfih because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The guy didn't seek out contact with this “far right” group...they came to him. Now, he's labeled a potential threat.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I think it was totally wrong of him spitting on the black photographer, but he's right about Sadiq Khan. Many people in London think that he's incompetent.

From an article posted today:

London crimewave: Nick Ferrari demands 'incompetent' Sadiq Khan be removed as London Mayor

Broadcaster Nick Ferrari criticised Mayor of London Sadiq Khan for his “incompetence” over London’s spiralling knife crime crisis. The LBC attack came after four violent deaths in the city over the weekend, including the killing of a heavily pregnant woman. The victim’s baby was delivered and remains critically ill in hospital.

www.express.co.uk...

After being stabbed by Jihadi terrorists, I can understand someone becoming distrustful of Muslims, especially in the UK, where the Muslim population has risen steadily and will continue to do so:

The Muslim population of the UK is set to triple in 30 years, according to projections from the Pew Research Centre. Under the model which assumes median migration levels, the number of Muslims in the country would rise from 4.1m in 2016 to 13m in 2050.

www.express.co.uk...

I don't live in the UK, but from what I read, many people are not too happy with the influx of migrants into their country.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Wow
I guess only in england will the VICTIM of the attack be forced to undergo de-radicalization classes?
WOW
Seems they now lead the world in victim blaming?
Guess the guy shouldn't have been on the bridge in the first place?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So he didn't save lots of people through his self sacrifice?

His political views are irrelevant. He saved British citizens' lives.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
the man is a legend regardless of his beliefs he should be knighted i guarantee if he had a different heritage he would of been knighted, the state of this country is beyond depressing and the government forcing him to do this will only radicalise more people but deep down that's probably what the government want

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
re-education? really U.K you've fallen this low? to allow a tool of dictators, Communists and fascists to be used against your own people on your own land?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Britain is now Britanistan.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If anything I feel for the poor dogs, they seemed really distressed and wanting to get away from all the madness...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Movie: Minority Report

Pre-crime.

Never mind the Wests use of mercenarys in the Middle East and what possible threat they may pose in the future. They're only in it for the money. They have the sanction of the State.

Sad state of society today.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
re-education? really U.K you've fallen this low? to allow a tool of dictators, Communists and fascists to be used against your own people on your own land?

Right !!!!!!

WTF is going on ????

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Roy Larner deserves recognition and respect for what he did that night.
But it doesn't absolve him from subsequent crimes he may have committed.

London today is unrecognisable to what it was just relatively a few years ago.
And it bears absolutely no resemblance to the rest of the UK.

If true then its ridiculous he should be getting 'de-radicalisation' classes but his heroics do not give him a licence to go round spreading hatred.

Yes, there is a problem with Islamic extremism here in the UK - not as big a problem as many would have you believe but a problem nonetheless, same as most 'western' nations - and there seems to be an unwillingness to publicly acknowledge this by mainstream politicians and in MSM.
And as soon as anyone of any sort of repute does publicly state something along those lines they are immediately demonised and every little skeleton in the closet is dragged out in order to discredit and besmirch them.

But some of these people don't help themselves with the sheer inaneness and sometimes outright racist nature of some of their comments.

At the same time the interests and influence of the PC Brigade, SJW's and their snowflake offspring are at least equally disconcerting and worrying.

I sort of know of Roy Larner through friends of friends of friends and by all accounts he's a decent enough guy but maybe not the brightest button.
A rap on the knuckles and pointing in the 'right' direction and re-directing resource at real threats would seem more appropriate.

A complete crock of PC driven #e in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Not only that but even with his political views, he then, after the tirade, risked his life. Why the hell isnt he given some sort of award

www.telegraph.co.uk...

During the protest, thought to be several weeks before the London Bridge attack the protesters were holding anti-Brexit and anti-trump placards and chanting: "Hey hey, ho, ho, Trump and May have got to go."

Theres a petition to push for him being awarded the George Cross.

www.change.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Lovely unbiased sources there!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

"I can't believe it unless a source I agree with tells me what to think".

This well is thoroughly poisoned.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't believe this story at it's very core.

With Britain's strict knife laws I don't see how it is possible that an ill-intentioned group could be physically capable of carrying knives. That is exactly what the law should have made totally impossible!

I call BS on this whole story, could not have happened!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join