It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you advise someone that wants to start prepping...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Store 55 gallon drums of dried goods in mylar bags…...as many as you can....enough to feed the families of the men you will need to protect your hoard...which has to be spread around in multiple locations.Survival is a thought process as much as an action...you cannot do it on your own but you sure can organise it on your own.....the biggest resource you will need that you cannot put into a 55 gallon mylar lined drum is PEOPLE...….and all you need to have to employ your own personal army is as always FOOD.

Why begin with a 5 gallon pail of dried meals when that's not going to even begin to approach solving your problems which are going to be manpower related.

Good luck....remember men will do ANYTHING for their Families.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would start with a basic 72 hour kit for each member of you family. They are not hard to put together , easy to explain if someone is curious, and easier to get the wife on board. Coupled with lower initial costs.

We live in earthquake territory and thats how I started mine out:

After the personal 72 hour bags, each car got an expanded version. Then came the the home kit. It started as one week for 7 people and grew from there. With bigger bags and some additional supplies the 72 Hour bags became INCH (I'm not coming home) and the at home kit can now sustain our family of 3 +4 additions for 6 months at a minimum with no changes

After that you can get as fancy as you budget allows........

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Step one, take all the money in your pocket or wallet that you plan on spending on preper stuff put it on the dresser or nightstand. You probably already own everything you will absolutely need in a survival situation.

Step two, become educated on techniques that you will need to learn. There is a ton of pdf files and YouTube videos out there.

Step three, absolutely nothing in step 2 is learned until it is practiced and practiced and practiced and practiced some more. Use this as a guide, if you cannot write it down in a journal so someone else can follow the steps accurately; practice some more. And by all means make yourself a survival journal.

Now you can start buying things that you know you will need versus things you could quite possibly need under certain situations.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The key is 'cache'...

If you look into it? As far as I know (unless the laws have changed under Trump) - any 'stores' you might have stored in your home (food, med, supplies, etc) that will last you beyond 2 weeks? Will automatically be confiscated by the National Guard, Police, whatever 'law' is left after 'the big one'...

SO - don't store it all in one place.

Beyond that there's so much information on the internet/FB/etc? Well, just saying, there's a lot out there.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join