It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want proof of evolution at work, here it is.... Enjoy! (Observable and testable).

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite usually, when a person fires off the hip like that, takes it as a insult to their belief, they believe a little. But he has to deal with that for eternity. I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, saved me from hell, rose again. But you can’t guarantee you’ll be around tomorrow to believe. There is no do over when your judged. In the days of Noah, people were the same way about the flood.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: darkuniverse

If I sin , its on me no jesus , poor boy had a hard enough time as it is right !

anyway Anubis does the judging at the scales

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I'm going to focus on this because the answer to this question contains the answer to the rest of the questions:

yeh doesnt seem a little odd , that if there was one true god , he'd have been mentioned from the jump rather than the pantheon of the gods that came before him , was GOD just on a break the whole time until monotheism came about ?

First and foremost, we don't really know "when" the beginning was. Science says it's long before the biblical account of 7000 years ago or so. But even if we go with the young earth view, genesis wasn't written until moses (and was written by moses)

This means for the first centuries (or perhaps millennia), our history was passed down not through writing but through oral history. If you've ever played telephone you know what this means. Now, imagine playing telephone but each person you tell, tells three people instead of one. Imagine the chaos of the original message.

anyway if god is real and he gives me a hard time for it when I die , he will forgive me he is Christian right ?

No, God is not christian. Nor is he held to the commandments that we are. We are children, he's the adult. If you denied his son in life, you will do so in death and no, you won't be forgiven. Rather, you'll be cast out of his presence.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

So, god doesn't play by anyone's rules... not even his own?

... and god is not christian, but if you don't believe in his son (which son?... Jesus?... not christian?... huh?) without factual evidence in the living world (healthy dose of nepotism there!), then I'll wake up on the "other side" not believing (waking up on the other side might make me a bit of a believer!... oh, too late apparently!... got to take the whole religious thing at face value while living... or too bad!!!)... then god will not forgive me, for not believing (jeez... but that pedophile repented, and is being accepted through the pearly gates!... belief over horrific crime apparently), and cast my soul into eternal limbo (not sure I've really done anything bad enough to deserve that)?

What a great god... putting conditions on our eternal souls like that.

Not sure that I need to be included in this god of yours afterlife club... seems like a narcissistic prick.
edit on 11-7-2019 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

You are confusing faith in God with religion...

When no one really knows for sure what happens on the other side, isn't the argument unwinnable for both sides?

People either have faith or they don't. No sense trying to change the other's mind.

Evolution, ok I see that. But supposedly there was nothing before the a Big Bang and now our little rock was spit out and had perfect mix of everything needed to support life, and viola, here we are all by ourselves on this little rock in space, doing whatever it is we do, then we croak and become nothing again and go nowhere.

I have faith we go somewhere. Can't prove it to you and won't bother trying. If I'm wrong, what difference does it make to you?

edit on 11-7-2019 by Strate8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Strate8

But supposedly there was nothing before the a Big Bang

That assumption is a mistake. No one in the scientific community claims there was nothing before the big bang. Maybe you are mistaking the fact that no one claims to know what was before the big bang with a claim there was nothing.

As for our little rock that was spit out and had a perfect mix of everything needed. Well, with trillions upon trillions of little rocks that were spit out and with all the possible combinations it was bound to happen IMO. It has probably happened more than once.

For us going somewhere after death I say it is a possibility.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

AS for telephone the evidence for multiple gods outweighs the evidence for a singular god
based on all the collected writings and carvings , temples etc that remain to the pantheons.
and the messages have stayed the same through that oral tradition until they discovered writing
even then , still no mention of a singular god !

Sound god seems like a total dick!

sounds like he is living in the parent child role and wont ever let go of his expectations of his children

the dude has serious ego issues !

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

aye who was that general "fly swatter" or "mosquito" or "butt naked" who committed genocide and personally killed over 1500 people or something crazy like that

was found guilty of cannibalism , murder, rape, child abuse , etc etc

then was taken to trial for war crimes in Liberia and was then let off because he was a born again christian.

How will god accept scum like that if they repent, but wont accept me who never commited a crime or anything clsoe to that scum ! (all is forgiven even though you spent your entire life doing the devils work ) it's cool you believe in me !

makes total sense ! I think god came up with ( ahh boys will be boys )

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

and the messages have stayed the same through that oral tradition until they discovered writing even then , still no mention of a singular god !

I'm curious how you know what the oral traditions were if they weren't written down? Are you a time traveler?

Sound god seems like a total dick!

Yes, much like my children think I'm a total dick for not letting them eat potato chips and ice cream, while playing video games all day every day. A real control freak, I am. Huge ego issues.

sounds like he is living in the parent child role and wont ever let go of his expectations of his children

Imagine for a moment, having created everything. Having designed everything. Then having your creations decide they know better than you. It would be hilarious and sad at the same time. To watch them destroy themselves and blame you for it, for simply explaining the best routes to take through life.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It sure wasn't God!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I know about the oral traditions because humans actually bothered to keep that a tradition and then recorded them
as they were , not through chinese whispers but through actually having the will and fortitude to remember the words as they were said and not alter them as they were revered as holy or divine etc!

how do you think we have ancient books such as the mayan "popul Vuh " came into being

because people made it their jobs to keep the records "keeper of stories" is a honored role within pre writing tribes
they pass this tradition and the stories onto their apprentices etc !

Aye if he still wants to play at parent child , then let him!
Parents are meant to look after their children , god doesnt do a very good job in my opinion!

Of course we know better, we are designed to be better !

of course if god was so #in great , why did he make an imperfect creation and have to destroy it all and start over!
Not very god like is it

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

of course if god was so #in great , why did he make an imperfect creation and have to destroy it all and start over!
Not very god like is it

Are you actually interested? Or do you just want to mock and try to prove wrong?

The Creation was originally perfect, but the defiance of angels and humans caused a chasm between God and the creation. Could God have resolved it by force? Certainly. He did with the flood. But the whole point is to let free will run its course. Instead of just the original created couple, there is now a multitude of people who can come to realize the gift of God. It is like a cosmic womb meant to generate more living souls/children who are taught through their own freedom of choice. Perfect eternal bliss has no context without a temporary world of imperfect suffering.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You put a lot of faith in people's ability to remember things perfectly and not allow their personal biases affect how they relayed it.

Of course we know better, we are designed to be better !

Not sure where you got that idea.

Again, I'll point you back to genesis.

Not very god like is it

You seem to be unable to even imagine that your perspective is incorrect. It's pretty funny really.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I am not mocking just pointing out an obvious fact , that most creation myths Including christianity state that humans were made , we were either faulty or too much like the gods and then we were destroyed in a flood or massive disaster to correct that error

so if they are gods then how did they make a mistake, Aren't they meant to be infallible?
shouldnt they have the perfect plan which would have been so good that no doubt should have ever come from it
and there would be no war between a gods creations resulting in them having to make a flood in the first place?

Anyway if god meant to give us freedom of choice , why does he hold it against us for not choosing him ?
seems if your giving free will , then you should be ok with whatever choice we make otherwise why give it
rather than eternally damning us
WHy give free choice in the first place if all you want is to be worshiped create worshipers with no free will
If we are to be taught through freedom of choice , then why does the bible exist in the first place ?
Why did god ask for it to be written in the bible if our divine path is meant to be so obvious to each and every human through freedom of choice that we require no external influence . (seems like he got the free will choice part wrong and needed to make fixes to stop the lack of attention he was getting )

Like I said , god has a huge ego if he just wants our undivided attention .

Dont we have hell for eternal suffering ?
so why all the suffering on earth , shouldnt it be neutral ?
To appreciate heaven we need hell ?

Yeh sounds like Buddha to me not Christ considering Buddha said it first like 600 years before

but we all know how christianity has stolen themes from pagan cultures for thousands of years

If God truly loved his creations then he would be happy for us to do whatever we want , and be truly free to choose
no catch or clause regarding the afterlife or heaven or hell !

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I dont put faith in it , I just know that humans are good at remembering details and then passing on those important details
hence the reason we are here today having a conversation about things .

My perspective doesnt require the belief in deity in order for me to be a good person or to understand the world around me , I dont need to believe in a god in order to feel better about my position in the universe or to comfort me when I cant explain something .

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Anyway , there is more evidence for the existence of other gods in many pantheons and more evidence of UFO's and ghosts
than there are GOD of christianity!

WHy do you believe that your GOD is right over others ?

that's all I want to know ?

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Anyway if god meant to give us freedom of choice , why does he hold it against us for not choosing him ?

Choosing God is choosing the good. God's will is omniscient, so straying from that path is inherently not the good path for you.

seems if your giving free will , then you should be ok with whatever choice we make otherwise why give it
rather than eternally damning us

Souls will create their own living hell with their own wayward desires.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I dont put faith in it , I just know that humans are good at remembering details and then passing on those important details hence the reason we are here today having a conversation about things .

Your knowing is wrong. People are terrible about remembering details and passing them on. You should do some research into memory. It's pretty unreliable.

so if they are gods then how did they make a mistake, Aren't they meant to be infallible?

My goodness, would you please just go back and read genesis. You obviously need a refresher.

My perspective doesnt require the belief in deity in order for me to be a good person or to understand the world around me

No one claimed you did.

I dont need to believe in a god in order to feel better about my position in the universe or to comfort me when I cant explain something .

No one claimed you did.

Just like a trust fund child doesn't need daddy's money to be a good person or to understand the world around them. God has offered you eternal life, he has offered you a cushy afterlife, all you have to do is spread goodness and believe. You get eternal life regardless, because he loves you.

WHy do you believe that your GOD is right over others?

Because I have a relationship with my God.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Who says god is good though , Himself ?

Aye trust me mate I'm an honest man !

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

WHy do you believe that your GOD is right over others?

Because I have a relationship with my God.

That doesnt answer the question though

how can you know your god is right if you don't have a relationship with the other gods
have you ever tried ? maybe they would give you a better relationship .

People arent terrible at remembering details and passing them on , how do you think we learned so much about plants and animals and the environment before we had writing ?

sorry But I am quite happy knowing that humans are good at passing on information that is correct when it pertains to the survival of the group !

Eat those berries those are tasty
Dont eat those berries they make you bleed from the anus !

Yes those are important ideas to pass on , correctly .

and I think that like info about our food or animals who we hunt
the myths of creation and our origins are also important.

So important we passed them on verbally and then even bothered to write them down multiple times
all over the world.

Yet no temples to god or other writings of verbal stories of "Monotheist GOD" were passed on from the jump like the other gods were

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join