It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repetitive, disturbing dreams about military service

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Finspiracy

Maybe your dream just represents unresolved obligations in another area.

I have been thinking about this. There are many unresolved obligations. I can't even list them all here but yes, there are some skeletons in the closet.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Ever done any acting, like in a theater play? There's a common thing that happens with stage actors where they have nightmares about being called upon to do the play again long after it's closed, with no props or sets, and with you only remembering about a tenth of your lines (if any).

I think it's just your brain finally letting go of the anxiety that lingers with the situation. Putting it to rest.

Acting? No, not like in a theater play but in everyday life yes. I am an alcoholic loser. Trying to express a somehow functional exterior but the darkness leaks through often.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TSZodiac
I wouldn't say that, however nearly every published clinical study in the last 20 years on the subject have concluded (especially regarding this type of treatment's effectiveness for stress related disorders - like PTSD) that the results are "unclear" at best. There is also a heightened risk of abuse or complications based on the patient's level of susceptibility to suggestion. This can do more damage than good, as there are a lot of "practitioners" who have just enough knowledge and skill to be dangerous. I applaud your suggestion for the OP to do research into treatment options, and would urge you to do the same before suggesting such treatment. In my opinion, FAR more research needs to be done in this area - and until such time as a verifiably safe and effective course of treatment can be developed, its far safer to rely on a more conventional "tried and true" approach to helping the OP discover what is causing the symptoms that he is experiencing.

I totally agree! A good psychotherapist is a good option. There could be any number of reasons the OP is experiencing this. A professional could help him figure out what the underlying issue is and work on it.

My husband is a retired US Navy veteran. He served 20 years from 1970-1990. To this day, he has frequent dreams of his military days. Most are good dreams, some are not. Dreams are so tricky and hard to interpret.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join