It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a paradaigm shifting thought the other day about US political parties

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Maybe it came off as virtue signaling, but you immediately were ready to hate on the left and prop up the right. I have no time for people who wish to condense everything into a left vs right box.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnS23

My claim is self-evident because it is broad. Many examples. Christian alt-right constitutionalists is not a identity politic? How many push for anti-evolution and abortion based on religion and right-leaning identities?

It's nonsense that anyone believes the right isn't forming identities. The far-left EXTREME identity politics doesn't somehow negate all others....

Not sure why i need the burden of proof when the left vs right nonsense is in front of our faces all the time. The only ones who can't see it is the one who are neck-deep in the illusion.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Dfairlite

The democrats don’t need people to be poor to have voters..

Correct. They just need them to be gullible, have no grasp of economics, want people to be rewarded for bad life decisions, think that tiny segments of the population need to be jammed down my throat on my tv, and believe that no lie can be too big as long as it moves the agenda forward.

I'm sure I missed some, but you were correct. They don't need them poor, just dependent with their hands out.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
It is something I already knew, but had never really viewed the machinations through that lens. I thought I would share it here. Most people readily accept the idea that those in power will do anything to remain in power. It's basic philosophy and human nature. We don't concede what we have earned, easily. With that thought in mind it's interesting to look at who the democrat party claims to represent. The poor, the oppressed, the downtrodden, and the degenerates. .

Didn't read a word beyond the name calling.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Would anyone then be surprised to see california, oregon, etc. turning into a place full of poor, oppressed, downtrodden and degenerate people?

Contrary to your math illiterate right wing delusions it turns out all the states leading the poverty charge are red states:

States With the Highest Poverty Rates

California has 1/3 of the welfare recipients in the United States.

It also has 1/5 of the homeless population.

Is California a red state to you?

Spin that.

California isn't even in the Top 15, from what I can find, of percentage of population on food stamps. LinkyPooh

Discussing a highly-populated state's percentage of the overall numbers for the nation is sillier than talking about federal deficit numbers in dollars (rather than as a % of GDP, etc.)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Poor, oppressed, downtrodden, and degenerate are all descriptors. Not insults. Only the last one could even be conceived as an insult but it wasn't meant that way. I probably should have picked a better word, like abnormal or something.
edit on 1-7-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Here's a good article for you to read. From a far left news source to boot.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It's interesting that you are labeling the right into subsections and insisting that we on the right are the ones doing it.

We're not. I've never seriously referred to someone on the right as "alt-right" that I can recall. I've certainly never referred to someone as a christian alt-right constitutionalist.

Now, I have referred to some on the right as RINO's. However, I would point out that's an ideological separation not and identity separation. Identity politics is specifically addressing people based on identifying factors (gay/straight/black/white/brown/male/female/etc). The right isn't pandering for mens vote. It's not pandering for straight people's votes. It's not pandering for white people's votes. The right is pushing policies that some might say appeal to those people, however, the goal of the policy is not simply to appeal to those people.

The left, however, is pandering for gay/black/brown/female votes. Their policies change in order to pander to those people. For example, black people are overwhelmingly homophobic and the culture is very misogynistic. So how is it possible that these groups all vote together? Identity politics based on oppression, not policy. The left identifies these groups as oppressed and tries to get them to vote, not on policy but on that oppressed status. In other words, because you're oppressed, vote left. Never mind that the left can't possibly address all of these problems as they're diametrically opposed, there is the straight white man on the other side and he's keeping you down!

It's based on identity not ideas. To me, that's what I've always seen as identity politics.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Fair point. Maybe i was misusing the phrase identity politics. It's just disappointing to see people condemn the left for certain things then use that condemnation as excuse to hail the right as the saviors of humanity.

edit on 2-7-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It's easy to get caught up in all of the terminology of the day. I do it plenty. However, I agree with you. Those on the right are not all saints, nor do they have all of the answers. In fact, the election of donald trump and his subsequent actions are proof positive that they have been wrong, often. From tariff's to gay marriage to north korea and china. Trump is a very centerist president when you look at what his policies convey about his beliefs.

The right has been so hardcore against tariff's we were letting countries rob us blind while also taking our jobs. I know. I was one of those people. I am still against tariff's as a policy but trump has shown it isn't as bad as I had anticipated and he has shown that we can use them as a tool to even the playing field. I still have a hard time accepting the reality of the effects tariff's have had vs what I was taught they would do in my economics courses. But I can't deny it. It's happening right now.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I always love how if you point to something that is seen as wrong on one side the other side immediatly thinks you are saying the other side is perfect.

I have never said either side is perfect, only my wife is perfect, for me, and no one else.

and no the left is not "better" than the right, nor is the right more "moral" than the left.

when AI becomes perfected and takes over as government ( yes, it will happen, the children of antifa (millenials) will insist on it) then, MAYBE government will be honest, it still will not be fair.

this is the thing folks are not seeing, in the future, labor will be done by automation, Jobs will not exist, the Government AI will 0wn you.

talk about "mark of the beast"......βœŒβœŒπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Fair point. Maybe i was misusing the phrase identity politics. It's just disappointing to see people condemn the left for certain things then use that condemnation as excuse to hail the right as the saviors of humanity.

You were, but thats ok.

Heres my simple, qualifying factor: who can I talk about my ideas with, even if they disagree?

That answer is pretty much exclusively non-left nowadays.

And, thats coming from someone that is on the left. Sure, we need to watch out for thinking one side is infallible, but I can say without reservation.. The "left" is most certainly worse, to the point that it is a major issue.

The problem there is that its a social group that transcended typical politics long ago, and have congealed into a group with completely cohesive, unified thoughts. They attempt to convert and control the rest of society with the righteous fervor we only see in zealots.

Sure, something like a stereotypical "christian far right white supremacist" can be trouble. But, for them to truly affect change, they need to work around everything from social disapproval to long standing restrictions, such as the separation of church and state.

These folks are pushing their religion on all of us, and its becoming institutionalized in politics, government, media, journalism, entertainment, and massive corporations.
edit on 2-7-2019 by Serdgiam because: Flooglesnorf

top topics

<< 1   >>

join