It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Galaxy explosion

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
well their probibly will be bits and pieces left but most of it will probibly be destroid


But from the animation it looked as if not much was really destroyed.




posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
ya but that doesnt mean thats whats actually going to happen, and u cant see alot of the damage because its going itno the same colour making it harder to see



posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
ya but that doesnt mean thats whats actually going to happen, and u cant see alot of the damage because its going itno the same colour making it harder to see


Thats true. I wonder what it would look like if it was in different colors.



posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
ya, i would say though that like at least 80% of it would be distoid, but it could but like only 30% for all i know or 100% but hopfully the aliens wont die/ will escape



posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The event will take millons of years to happen, not thousands. Gravity is the main culprit. As the two galaxys approach there gravity will interact with each other in such a way that at least one posssibly both will be ripped apart. Most of the stars will start to disperse long before any actual contact. As they move towards each other they will slingshot around each other gaining momentum and could probably be ejected out of the galaxy(s). Its impossible to predict the actual outcome however.



posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Block
The event will take millons of years to happen, not thousands. Gravity is the main culprit. As the two galaxys approach there gravity will interact with each other in such a way that at least one posssibly both will be ripped apart. Most of the stars will start to disperse long before any actual contact. As they move towards each other they will slingshot around each other gaining momentum and could probably be ejected out of the galaxy(s). Its impossible to predict the actual outcome however.


That gravity. Its possibilities are endless! If only we could control it.



posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Edit: Sorry double post

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Croatiansensation]



posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Block
The event will take millons of years to happen, not thousands. Gravity is the main culprit. As the two galaxys approach there gravity will interact with each other in such a way that at least one posssibly both will be ripped apart. Most of the stars will start to disperse long before any actual contact. As they move towards each other they will slingshot around each other gaining momentum and could probably be ejected out of the galaxy(s). Its impossible to predict the actual outcome however.


i kinda thought it would take millions of years but i said thousands because if i was wronge and it was thousands not millions i would be wronge but since its millions and not thousands i can argue that technicly millions are just hundreds of thousands


apc

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Its interesting to note that when this was actually happening dinosaurs may have walked the Earth.

Also that the length of time the entire event will take to complete will probably see countless intelligent species rise and fall on hundreds of planets. Life is the current end result of the existance of the universe.

> to go with that... most if not all of these intelligent species will be fully aware of what is happening to their galaxy. I wonder who will be able to do something about it. Maybe they already have?

[edit on 3-3-2005 by apc]



posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Its interesting to note that when this was actually happening dinosaurs may have walked the Earth.

Also that the length of time the entire event will take to complete will probably see countless intelligent species rise and fall on hundreds of planets. Life is the current end result of the existance of the universe.


funny of you to mention dinosaures because im participating it 2 other threads about a human dinosaur coexistince but thats another topic, but ya it is pritty cool to think about that



posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well look at is this way, no reason to cry over it it happened 62 million years ago.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join