It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galaxy explosion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a small galaxy called NGC 1427A 62 million light years away is heading toward a group of other galaxy's which scientists say will cause it to be ripped apart

www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I wonder if they can video tape it somehow. I would like to see it. I hope there arent any innocent aliens in that galaxy that are gonna die. That would be sad

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
well the explosion would probibly take thousands of years so i dont think their going to video tape it. and ya i hope there isnt any poor aliens there too

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
They can always come and live with us [if they leave a couple of million years ago].
Well, they should record the highlights, like when they first collide, and watch each star explode, then watch it all get sucked in by a black hole!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wow thousands of years. Its amazing. I cant evan fathem something like that taking thousands of years. Well at least it will give them some time to get out right? Maybe by then we could rescue them. If they exhist that is

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ar you prepared to fly into a galaxy that is coliding with others to take a ship full of aliens back to Earth? [Well, we'll all be dead, so kind of a pointless question, but you get the point]. But I guess in thousands of years we could send robots to go and help them, if they exist!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Lol if it takes thousands of years then I think we would have plenty of time!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I assure you, life exists in all galaxies. Otherwised itd just be a waste. Life is the only thing worth existing for and surely these galaxies arent there just for our visual pleasure.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
I assure you, life exists in all galaxies. Otherwised itd just be a waste. Life is the only thing worth existing for and surely these galaxies arent there just for our visual pleasure.

Any proof, or is it just a hunch? Chances are, there is life in other galaxies, but we'll probally never meet them because we're not nearly advanced enough to travel that far. We can't even defend ourselves from asteroids, countries are still at war. As soon as we reach nearly world peace we'll start advancing!

PS.
I like that colission. I guess, if they recorded for thousands of years, they could speed it up at the end and future people could watch it!

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Nexus]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Any proof, or is it just a hunch? Chances are, there is life in other galaxies, but we'll probally never meet them because we're not nearly advanced enough to travel that far. We can't even defend ourselves from asteroids, countries are still at war. As soon as we reach nearly world peace we'll start advancing!

PS.
I like that colission. I guess, if they recorded for thousands of years, they could speed it up at the end and future people could watch it!

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Nexus]

Not that I like it but wars actually develope alot of technology. Watching one episode of tactical to practical would show you that.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

From that animation it looks more like it will just murge and not blow up.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croatiansensation

I agree.

Tactical To Practical, a US show I;m guessing? I'm in UK. I know wars produce technology, but that doesn't mean we should still fight them...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Tactical To Practical, a US show I;m guessing? I'm in UK. I know wars produce technology, but that doesn't mean we should still fight them...

Ya its an american show on the history channel. I agree we shouldnt fight them.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croatiansensation

Yea that might not look like much...but each one of those little specks in there is a solar system...you can't even see the planets in that visualzation, yet think of what it would be like if only 2 planets collided.

Boom.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Yea that might not look like much...but each one of those little specks in there is a solar system...you can't even see the planets in that visualzation, yet think of what it would be like if only 2 planets collided.

Youre right there are alot of planets that would blow up, but we're talking about the entire galaxy and from that it doesnt look like it would blow up.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Do you not see the first impact when the galaxies first collide?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Do you not see the first impact when the galaxies first collide?

I guess that does count as an explosion, but from the way the author made it seem that the whole galaxy would be destroyed from this explosion, or maybe thats just what I assumed.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I asumed that aswell. They probally will all explode, remember more than one galaxy will cloide, as they're grouped.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
well their probibly will be bits and pieces left but most of it will probibly be destroid

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join