It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countries established via Genocide of their native populus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thinking of the movie 'Avatar' as it relates to current events.

What countries were founded based on gross genocide and replacement of the native population?

The two that first come to mind are:

America: 95% Native Indian population exterminated starting 1607, replaced by British Colonies which later declared independence 169 years later.

Australia: 76% Native Aborigine population exterminated during 1800s, replaced by British colonies which then 100 yrs later declared independence

Todays Australians and Americans are the wealthiest per capita than any other nationality in the world besides Swiss (see www.investopedia.com...)

How did that happen?! And where else, most recently?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

Too bad they weren't unified instead animosity they held towards eachother was used against them.

Lessons to be learned?

Progress is a race dont get stuck in the stone age.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Israel? In early XX century it was only two dozens thousand Jews there. After one century the settlements did their job.

I bet on Israel (Jewish State of Israel).

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well the homosapiens won against the neanderthals, so how far back are we going on this?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Dinosaurs.

Mammals win!

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
All of them.

Every country on this planet was inhabited by someone other than the current occupants.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnS23
All of them.

Every country on this planet was inhabited by someone other than the current occupants.

Agreed.

Some smaller dictatorships might fall but I don’t think this type of genocide would happen to the major countries of the world at this point. I say this because:

- mutually assured destruction
- alliances
- global trade
- proliferation of weapons and ease of access to them globally
- global investment interests.
- media coverage

Probably more reasons than that but it’s a start. Interesting topic to ponder however!

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yes because the natives were all living in such harmony... the unfortunate truth is the road to progress is drenched in blood, wether it was native tribes killing eachother for land/honour/being the better tribe or by a more advanced people through conquest and progress. It is sad and yes in hind sight probably not the greatest thing to do but it happened. Is it still happening? Some might say yes under the guise of (add whatever flavour of the month), the last big genocide (strictly genocide) was rawanda 20+years back if I remember correctly but dont take my word for it.
edit on 30/6/2019 by 5en5ei because: Hind sight

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
A lot of countries native populations were killed off by disease or changing the people's diets to fast. The native Americans are now experiencing a lot of problems because of junk food chemistry and even from changing the foods they are eating so quickly. If a new food chemistry is added to a person's diet it can take generations to incorporate, a little more added each generation. Otherwise it can cause problems with thinking or can cause chronic diseases to form which can kill off the whole culture. This has happened all over the world in history.

We cannot eat everything, everyone is intolerant to lots of the foods that are introduced into society. Now our diets have changed so much that people can't even comprehend how good they could feel, especially the young. The old people think their problems are associated with age, but most times it is not. A lot more people got heart attacks years ago because they were still healthy at an old age and were doing too much....not a problem these days, the old are all on medicines because of these altered food chemistries being changed too fast. They can't get out and overexert themselves like they used to. My grandfather kept his diet, he died at 86 years old but was out picking potatoes and strawberries in the field every summer and was out shoveling snow with us in the winter because his diet matched his ancestral eating habits. He was only at the doctors one time, the day he died the doctor pronounced him dead. He had an occasional cold, but he knew what to take for that. I am not even in as good shape as he was in his mid eighties, and I am sixty three. He was not skinny either, He would be considered obese by today's standards.

I see the Native Americans are trying to avoid extinction by going back to their ancestral eating habits here. The new way of going back is not being accepted well by the junk food junkies in their tribes though, but at least some will survive if they figure this out.

The native Americans were robbed of their lands and I do not think that was right. I know they were wronged. I do see that we are being targeted for extinction too, they are going to have us eat ourselves to death. It is not genocide if they kill all lineages equally, that is population control. Even if people eat all organic they are still eating chemistry that they possibly cannot metabolize correctly and will wind up with what they call metabolic syndrome or chronic diseases that are idiopathic, meaning they cannot tell what is causing them.

No bullets needed anymore, they can use food chemistry to get rid of us now, the thing is most of the people who even work in that field cannot comprehend how this is happening. No single researcher in the field has all the knowledge of how combinations of the chemicals can interact and cause people to be sick and die early. Sweating out the toxins is always good, but when your down already, the body cannot detox that well so good anymore either.

Is it planned or just a coincidence that so many mildly toxic foods are in our diet these days. I do think that it is possible that our society is that dumb and trusting that they believe the people who are overseeing our food supply and allowing the chemicals to be added. The FDA should come right out and say that it takes generations to properly alter ancestral diets.

They had some problems with introducing new foods and germs into the diets of native cultures around the world that killed off most of the inhabitants of areas all along, but I guess that is considered acceptable. I have removed lots of the foods from my diet that I had started eating over the years and found my health got lots better. I am not going to let them make me sick and weak.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

NO - they just got lucky. And our luck has run out.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
^ Reminds me of Hawaii.. while on vacay there i was bewildered so many Hawaiian eateries passed it off of a traditional dish and overpriced for what it is.

Seriously? It was brought to the island by the boatlands only after US invaded and sized its Queen in 1890s =/

No wonder the obesity rate there is around 25% now and growing. Over in US territories like American Samoa its like 80-90%

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Except that their appeared to be people here before Clovis. So did the American Indian genocide the real native people?

Science and genetics are not PC acceptable.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

If the America Indians were united. You probably wouldn’t be on this site. Since all the stuff Americans invented would not have been invented yet.

Heck, you might have died of polio if the tribes were u it’s.

Plus this probably would have been in German, because Hitler would have concocted Europe.

Don’t let PC culture mess with reality

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

All us scumbag multicellular organisms trampling on the world that belonged to single celled organisms first!

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
All of South America. The Spanish and Portuguese did quite the number on them indegenous types. Mongolia did quite a number on older tribes in their day. Who was in Japan before the Japanese secured their dynasties??

There's a whole lot of ancient displacement that happened in the Indus valley area between Iran, a couple of Stan's, Nepal India etc..

Myanmar sure raped the # of the ethnic minorities there too. Do we count the la ds that were simply forced to relinquish their wealth and riches under brutal military dictatorships?? That won't be good for Belgium, Italy, France, Spain and Portugal again etc.. etc..

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Just look at the history of the khans, the Mongolian empire was built off genocide. And it's not the answer for imperialism or conquest.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Iceland. I read somewhere that as recently as 500 years ago (I could be wrong about the timeline) the original population was genocided. Apparently there are no original Icelanders, who were more closely related to the Irish.

China is another country where supposedly the Han, who dominate now, displaced the original populace.

a reply to: JohnS23

Apparently a significant part of Britain's natives have DNA of the original population. Of course until 10,000 years ago it was covered by an ice sheet...

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
just realized i didnt mention SPAM in the Hawaii post.

anyway, who were the native Chinese?

still trying to grasp the idea of a totally alien nationality taking over (ie, mostly Germans setting rooting in North America or mostly Spaniards setting rooth in South America) cross-continentally. Apocalypto!

'it happens everywhere' sounds neat... but where else? really.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
How about the Taino people that inhabited the Caribbean Islands including Cuba and Puerto Rico. They were the first people Columbus encountered in the New World and numbered around 2 million inhabitants at the time. Unfortunately the Spanish brought with them smallpox which decimated 90 peroent of the Taino population with the rest being assimilated into other cultures by marriage.
edit on 6/30/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth

Israel? In early XX century it was only two dozens thousand Jews there. After one century the settlements did their job.

I bet on Israel (Jewish State of Israel).

Word to you
Learn history and deny ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join