It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkeys Bust Open Their Nuts With Rocks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
a reply to: Lumenari

You've been had: Snopes

This photograph was taken circa May 2018 in Morocco and shows a student from the Institute of Fine Arts in Tetouan preparing for a performance art project.

According to the Morocco news outlet Le 360, this student covered his body in plastic needles and then took to the streets of Tetouan. 

edit on 30-6-2019 by ADAMandEVIL because: ETA fixes

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
OMG is that real? Holy #, that had to be the most painful thing to ever happen to him.
ETA: a reply to: ADAMandEVIL
Apparently it's fake, ignore my previous remarks. lol

edit on 7/1/19 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes, it can be amazing. A while ago i was watching a documentary about the wildlife of Costa Rica. I learned that Costa Rica has great diversity in nature, while being slightly smaller than Lake Michigan. Near the shores of Costa Rica, is a certain species of monkeys who are seafood connoisseurs. They pick up clams from the shores and smash them against a tree.

Their idea is not to smash open the clams, but to weaken the muscle that holds the tasty stuff inside and then they eat it.
edit on 1-7-2019 by Finspiracy because: fixed a typo and added paragraphing

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

It's just a matter of time now before apes with guns make us their slaves.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Oops!!!

Thank you for finding that! My wife just sent me the pic and the story earlier and I ran with it.

I'll pass on that it's bogus and sorry thread!

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It's just a matter of time now before apes with guns make us their slaves.

It could be a matter of time in reality. But the Sun might run out of fuel before that happens.

I thought that was supposed to be artificial intelligence and robots, or then i have just watched too many movies.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Monkeys Bust Open Their Nuts With Rocks

So...... are these monkeys like the Johnny knoxville's and Steve-O's of the monkey world?

Busting their own nuts with rocks

that is just insanity.

Anyway on a more serious note, many documentaries have touched upon this subject

I think the earth series made by BBC had a segment ( either that or I mistaking it with something watched on National geographic which I tend to watch more often than not) about these monkeys and how the youngsters copied the older more experienced monkeys and eventually learned the best tactics to bust their nuts

schuyler mentions the Orangutans fishing with spears,

this reminds of Chimpanzees and other using sticks to hunt for termites.

The animal kingdom is fascinating.

In the wiki link below it mentions many animals that use borderline tactics and/or tools to find and catch their food and do some more stuff that is a little naughty but natural

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1-7-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I winced and almost cringed at the thread title then saw it was about actual monkey's breaking open Nut shell's with stone's, interesting but there are a whole range of animal's that are tool users even some that shape there tool for the job.

Still I won't start worrying until I see them building nuke plant's.

edit on 1-7-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Brings tears to the eyes...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join