It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purchasing From Steam-Never Again!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Check out GoG.com. Plenty of old games and new and they're all DRM free. There's offline installers or you can use GoG galaxy which is sorta like steam.

They also have 30 day refunds and not the 2 hour bs steam has.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
not the 2 hour bs steam has.

To be clear, thats 2 hours of playtime, not 2 hours from the time of purchase.

Absolutely love GoG though. Well, love anything CDPR... Been waiting on my Cyberpunk preorder to see how they handle the subsequent rounds of outrage. Very satisfied how they have handled the inevitable so far.

@Narcoleptic: Personally, I dont care what storefront you use. The games are the same either way though, unless they just flat out arent available elsewhere.

I think it comes down to open marketplaces vs closed. Some of us, like myself, strongly prefer the former. Its pretty much Apple App store vs Android.. Or maybe more accurately, sideloading. We dig it simply because, despite the worts, treasures are possible that simply are not in a closed marketplace.

If you prefer a very carefully curated marketplace, steam probably isnt for you.

Basically, we like it this way because of the possibilities and opportunities an open marketplace provides. Everything from small time teams, and even single person creations, are really very appealing to me. Some of them are shockingly good, plenty arent.. But, if it wasnt designed the way steam is, we would never get the former at all.

Certainly not for everyone, doesn't sound like its for you, but combined with user feedback, I feel its a small price to pay personally.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just like the OP, I ditched my Super Nintendo and bought that new Steam. But I tried to plug in my xbox controller and it did not fit.

Then I tried to play Final Fantasy 6 and It looked different and did not play right. I don't know why Valve be releasing these crappy games like this for my Steam.

edit on 1-7-2019 by karmicecstasy because: By the way I am playing on a potato. An actual award winning giant potato that I hollowed out and put some computer parts in.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ok Ok! I get it. It's not a service like Netflix. It's just a marketplace.

I'm a big ole dummy.

I'm sorry.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Which retro games? Are there no emulators for them?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join