It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump becomes first sitting US president to step foot on North Korean soil

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Nk not firing missiles is definitely a good thing.

Now prove to me it was trump that truly is the reason behind that. And not say china. Or internal things happening in nk. Or simple just the nk lieing and stalling the way they always have.

You guys want to make this about "me not liking trump" but if you look at my post history you will see that I call him out when I think he messed up but I give him credit when I feel he deserves it.

My metric for judging all this is the state of the nk people. Their lives are just as bad as they were five years ago.
when something changes to make their lives better I will give credit to whomever helped make that happen.

Are you willing to admit that this hand shake /walkover was just as much a propaganda /manipulate/photo op as the one obama took. As the ones most past potus's have taken. Letting trump walk over makes kim look important and that's way I think he allowed it. Do we know for a fact that kim hasn't wanted or asked other potus to walk over but they refused because they didn't want to give kim a reason to feel big?

IF peace comes to nk or IF they truly give up trying to make nukes (and IF that can be proven) I'll admit that I was wrong.----I hope that I am wrong.

But nk has a history of playing games. Saying they will do one thing while doing another. And using the spotlight to make themselves appear more important than they are.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

however they turn out, are a glimmer of hope that it just might end peacefully. That's good for everyone involved.

Agreed but a glimmer is not enough for me to get excited.
Especially when dealing with known manipulators like kim. Kim loves that photo op because it makes him look important. Like a real world leader. He wants respect that I'm not going to give him no mater who he lets walk into his country. Kim has hurt to many people.

I'm waiting for real change in the nk society before I pat anyone one the back. Because your right. Peace in nk will take a long time and it CAN'T (imo) be done by just one man.

Kims says he wont even consider talking about denukeing unless we remove sanctions.
Trump says we wont remove sanctions unless he denukes.

Not seeing a path forward with these two stubborn and proud people no mater how much they act like friends.

Like I told another poster I truly hope I'm wrong. I just refuse to count the chickens before they hatch is all.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So, we have a state that's a communist dictatorship. Anyone who speaks out against the regime either goes missing or ends up in a detention centre.

Poverty in the country is off the scale while a handful of elites live lives of luxury.

I thought we were supposed to invade nations like this? Or is that only when they happen to be sat on a vast reserve of oil!

How dumb are westerners going to get.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

"Invasion" won't work.

Things like Russian and Chinese troops come to mind.

Why kill when diplomacy is working 😃

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

A glimmer is better than complete darkness, which is exactly what there was prior to these developments.

Lots of work remains to be done. It'll be up to who ever follows Trump to make sure it continues. Though that of course, greatly depends upon who follows him.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join